“our stay at the Platinum Hotel and Spa in Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #14 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bradenton, Florida
“our stay at the Platinum Hotel and Spa in Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We flew to vegas aug. 25, 2013 for a 5 night stay at the Platinum hotel and spa. This was our second year there. All of the staff were great, the rooms immaculate. This is an all suite hotel, we stayed in a princess suite, 1150 sq. ft. one bedroom,living room, full kitchen, bath with jacuzzi. Very clean, staff very accommodating. We were here last year, returned this year and will always come back here.

Room Tip: try to book a strip view suite on an upper floor, great views at night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Wow thanks for the great review. We are really ideal for those 3 to 5 night stays with all full kitchen and amenities we offer. At the same time we are often priced right for those one or two night stays. We hope we are on the agenda for next year. We will share your nice review with the staff. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is an excellent off the Strip choice. It doesn't have a casino and is non smoking. The rooms are spacious and quiet. I echo an earlier review that stated that it feels like a condo with all the amenities. Huge pool. Kid friendly, too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your review. You and the echoed review are correct. The Platinum Hotel & Spa is a "condo-hotel" and offers many of the amenities normal condos do. Thanks for selecting us as your hotel, we hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed here for up to a month when my home was under constunction as well as quick trips. Feels like an awesome condo with a full large kitchen and huge bathroom. However all the amenities of a great hotel. Valet is fast, please tip ! A small quiet hotel with great service a block off the strip. It's actually in the middle of all the main hotels and one light back which means super easy back streets to navigate in and out of other hotels or avoid the strip all together. Love this place and would recommend to non gamers or families with kids who want to cook their own meals. A true living room with doors off the bedroom area with two tvs so multiple people can have privacy. Nice balconys. Total non smoking in rooms and terraces however there is designated area in the garage for smoking. Did I mention the fabulous value and great prices ???

Room Tip: I like the back side with mountain views versus strip views as these rooms are much cooler and only...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly, thank you for the stellar review. We do appreciate your business and you taking the time to tell all of the Tripadvisor readers. Value is right. The square footage in our suites are hard to match for the price. Come back soon!
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Likes: the size, the bathroom, the smoke-free environment, a non-gaming hotel, the value and the relative quiet.
Dislikes: the air-con was either blowing hot or cold, the walk to the Strip was not pleasant at all in the heat (thereafter, we took a taxi instead).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing. Although the walk can be draining for some, the nice thing is once you get to the strip, you are at the heart of it. Easy access from Flamingo to a lot of the major sites. We will try to figure out which room you had and inform our Chief Engineer to look at that AC unit. If you find some extra time, seeing as your information is confidential on Tripadvisor.com I'd be more than appreciative if you could send me your room number. Feel free to contact me at derekmorrison@lvplatinum.com . Thank you and we hope we gain the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Kalaheo, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I loved the overall experience. Kitchen was exceptional for our cooking purposes with everything we needed including a dishwasher and beautiful appliances. The bathroom was huge with a 2 person jacuzzi and 2 person shower. King bed was very comfortable and there were two down pillows. The washer/dryer in unit came in handy. We had a great view of the strip and the new High Roller ferris wheel that is being built. I think the public areas (including pool) need a refresh but rooms are exceptional. According to staff, these are privately owned condos. I prefer to self park but the only option here is Valet service. They were friendly and helpful with a 5 dollar tip. Staff overall were nice during our stay. I plan to return here on my next trip to Las Vegas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review. The large Ferris Wheel you see is a new project in town called the Linq. This will be one of the world's largest Ferris Wheels and when the project is completed, we will be just a short walk away. I believe they will be adding shopping and some outdoor venues around this as well. Should be another great addition to Las Vegas. I'm glad to hear we'd be one of your top choices should your travels bring you back here. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Morris Plains, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I just returned from a 10 day trip to Vegas, late August 2013. This is my second time at the Platinum Hotel, and I had a good stay again, overall. The rooms at the Platinum are beautiful, and smoke-free, which I love. The suites, where I have stayed the last 2 times, are very nice, with a full kitchen, living room, huge bathroom and very nice bedroom. There is a nice bar in the lobby, and although I don't drink, it creates a very nice atmosphere. I have never eaten at the restaurant, but I have heard nice things about it. The hotel has a spa, which I have heard nice things about as well. The staff is friendly, although I only spoke to the front desk people twice - once at check in, once at check out. I dealt with the valet several times a day, though. More on that later. I travel a lot and have stayed at a lot of comparable hotels. This is one of the nicer ones. Much better than any comparably priced rooms on the strip. It's just 2 blocks away from the strip, so it's great for those who like to hang out there.

Now for some drawbacks.

Parking is by valet only. Most times, it's fine. However, when it gets busy, you may have to wait 5-10 minutes (or much longer, if there is a party/reception/event) for the valet to get your car. Tipping is not required, but I would feel terrible if I didn't tip the valet for running up and down the parking garage to get my car each time. However, if I'm in and out of the hotel 3-4 times a day, the tips can add up - not counting the tips to the maid.

Speaking of tipping the maid, I forgot to do it one day, and as a result, the kitchen was left uncleaned, and I did not get an extra bath towel... As an experiment, I "forgot" the tip again another day, and got the same exact result. I don't think the maid vacuumed the floor during my 10 day stay, and the marble top in the kitchen was not wiped down very well, as there were some fingerprints, sauces and other spills which I wiped off with lysol wipes and paper towels... To be fair, I'm a bit of a germaphobe, and the black marble counter made it hard to see dirt and spills. It probably looked fine to most people. Call me crazy, but I wiped down the jacuzzi tub with Lysol wipes, too.

One of the things I was looking forward to during my most recent stay, was the beautiful, spacious, and well-equipped fitness center that I had fallen in love with on my first visit a few years ago. That was the main reason why I chose this hotel again. Unfortunately, they have relocated the fitness center to a much smaller space, with far fewer strength/resistance equipment (only a dumbbell rack and one resistance machine). It is now called, the "fitness studio" (fittingly named), which I think only opens until 11PM. I was very, very disappointed. I will have to decide whether I will come back to this hotel again, for this reason alone.

The TV in the bedroom is an old CRT box. The LCD TV in the living room is nice, but the A/C vent blows right on the sofa in the living room, so you can't sit through a movie without freezing your butt off (or shut off the air and sweat your butt off). The bedroom is a more comfortable place to watch TV, so it would be nice if there is an LCD TV there too.

Last drawback, the business center is rather pricey to use. I needed to print some stuff for work, but it cost $3 to logon, and I think $1 a page to print (don't remember exactly how much). I ended up printing (and faxing) for free at another hotel, where I had a meeting. This isn't a big deal, just an annoyance.

Like I said, overall, this is a very nice hotel. The only reason I'm giving it an Average rating rather than a Very Good, is that the fitness center got seriously downgraded, and cleanliness in the room wasn't quite the same as my first visit.

Room Tip: If you want washer/dryer, you will need to upgrade to the appropriate suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Mike for your review. I want to apologize for the poor service you received from our Housekeeping team. We will address with that manager the concerns you noted. I do apologize for your concerns with the fitness center. This old area has become banquet space for events. The fitness center is now open 24 hours. Please ask for me should you come back, I would like to introduce myself and personally apologize for not meeting your expectations this last visit.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very quick check in for a 3 night stay on a weekend in August. Was on 5th floor, just basic room with a strip view. The strip view was decent from that floor, though we didn't use balcony as much as i thought we would. The inside has everything you need, all the kitchen items to eat in and save a bit of money for a family. I've seen the carpet being dirty as a complaint and didn't think much of it but I do have to say our suite had some real nasty carpet. Not a big deal, just it does stick out. Did also notice some hair in the bathrooms from previous customers, also not a big deal for me (but others it might be).
The hotel itself is very quiet, pool was also very quiet most of the time i was there. I would describe us as a semi quiet couple, but I think we will try somewhere with a bit more energy next time. Again for a family, this is the PERFECT place.
The location is not so far from the strip but I will have to say I am a healthy male used to the Texas heat and walking during the day to the strip in the 110 degree days had me actually sweating lol. So after the first day of walking, it was all taxis from there on.I am sure it would be a nice, safe walk during the cooler months.
Didn't try any of the bars or restaurants inside but the only time I walked by and seen the restaurant busy was during the breakfast time. Cab ride from airport to hotel was $15 before a tip. Never noticed a line of cabs at the hotel, sometimes of the day you will have to wait a bit of time for a cab. I don't think I had to wait longer then 5 minutes any of the times, so no problem. Overall it was a great stay, a few cleaning issues but for the price I really didn't expect as much as I got.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for the review. The walks can be hot, and you are right typically waits for cabs are not too long. I'm glad overall you enjoyed your stay. We will address your cleanliness concerns accordingly. I hope we see you again soon!

Been to Platinum Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!