“Well worth the money.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #13 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Well worth the money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend it for all the reasons in previous reviews (location, huge rooms, no smoke, no resort fees, free wifi, friendly staff). Always saw check-in lineups at other strip hotels, but not here. Check-in a breeze (Valarie was awesome) check out literally took 10 seconds.
Had breakfast in room each day. Truly enjoyed easy pace of the morning, not having to find/use a restaurant. Did not use restaurant or valet, but others seemed to enjoy it. Valets were always there to open door for you and say hello.
The walk to the back of Bally's is quick and safe, then you are in the heart if the strip. A suggestion to the management, offer a free shuttle to the front of Bally's, that would be awesomeness. We are young and had no trouble with the walk, but after doing the strip for hours, walking miles in sandals, it would have been a real treat.
Complaints? They are few and really didn't affect our stay as we are pretty easy going. Had to call for face cloths one day, hot tub at pool wasn't working for a 24 hour period, but quickly fixed when mentioned, pool loungers are quite dirty. I paid extra for a strip view, but wouldn't waste my money next time. As the west facing balconies are in the sun most of the day, it is simply too hot to stay on them, and you have to keep the heavy curtains closed to keep the heat of the sun out of the rooms. On our next stay (and we will stay here again unless I win the lottery and go for the Bellagio) we will ask for mountain view. The only bad rooms are low on the north side as it overlooks a power station right across the street and gets the most street noise.
Only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is that it is not the Bellagio, Mandarin, or Venetian, but then you can't rent a bathroom there for the price I paid at The Platinum for a huge one bedroom. More than worth the money for everyday travelers. And the wonderful staff make you feel worth a million bucks.

• Stayed August 2013
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
That was a great review! Thank you. We will share with Valarie. She does a great job and we like to recognize great customer service. We will definitely discuss some of your suggestions with our executive team, as there are some good points. Thank you again for your time and feedback. We hope we see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Loved this place. My husband and I had a quick weekend getaway, and this was the perfect place to "hide out". No noise, smoke or resort fees. Took advantage of Happy Hour twice in a quiet atmosphere with great drinks. Got a few things to make breakfast and a bottle of wine to stock the full-sized fridge. All staff were very friendly and helpful, checking to make sure all was well with our stay. Gave us a late checkout on the last day since our flight left in the late afternoon. A few signs of wear and tear on the pool furniture, but the room was spotless and spacious. We didn't have a strip view, but didn't care either - it was kind of fun to see the mountains in the distance instead! Was a 5-10 minute walk to the back entrance of Ballys - I would have felt a bit unsafe walking it by myself, but with the two of us it was fine. Usually a few others making the trek there and back. It's location in the center of the Strip made it possible to go North one day and South the next with minimal backtracking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We will be certain to share your comments with our team. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Being in the center of the Strip is nice for getting around cheap and like you said with little backtracking. We hope we see you again soon!
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The location and price point of this hotel are both excellent so I woud consider the hotel as great value for money and its definitely suitable for families as it has a pull out couch in the living room for kids. I have stayed here on 4 occasions since its opened and overall it's been a good hotel for us to stay at.
However, I would not stay again as the standards in the rooms have slipped. When you arrive at the hotel the foyer is impressive and the dining areas look great. the lifts were fast and the corridoors going to the rooms were also clean and tidy. However the rooms were tatty and shabby. When we opened the pull out couch the previous occupants sheets were on the bed and they were dirty. The balcony needed a good clean. The apartment was not hoovered once in the 12 nights we stayed and our sheets were never changed once. There were finger prints all over the doors into Rooms but were particularly bad on the cupboard doors in the kitchen. The tv s need upgraded in the bedrooms to flat screens.and the carpets were dirty. The rooms were also not dusted once during our stay as you could see a dust build up quite clearly. Also I had great amusement watching the early morning pool boy try to find a clean topper for the sunbeds next to the pool. He kept flipping the mattresses on the sunbeds over trying to find a clean side and they were both filthy. I never used the pool area as a result of this. I felt the rooms needed a good deep clean and a bit of an upgrade.
I would not stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I have asked our Executive Housekeeper to address the cleanliness concerns in your room. This certainly isn't typical of our team, nor what you deserve. I do apologize for the concerns you encountered. We will look to take your feedback and make improvements. My apologies again for the poor service you encountered.
Bright, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you are a non smoker you don"t have to look any further than the Platinum hotel.Only a short walk to all the action of the strip even if it's not the nicest view while walking to the strip but it is very safe free wi-fi which is a bonus,big rooms and the best thing is you are not hit with a resort fee like all the other hotels in Vegas. You must get a room with a view of the strip so when booking ask for it, will stay hear again if I ever come back to Vegas.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and would come back to stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I arrive at the hotel to find for starters the pool has been closed for a private function, we go up to our room to find there was no towels and yes not even toilet paper, it only took about 45 minutes before they decided to bring some up to us, parking is vallet only and my family and I averaged 4 trips a day for 4 days, so every time they brought up our car I tipped 5 dollars and these guys expected more, made me feel very uncomfortable, room service didn't clean the room, we had to request it every evening, the last day I asked if I can park my car in available spaces for 5 minutes to go and get some snacks for the drive bac to los angeles for am pm and this big Jerk his name is Joel wanted to play boss and didn't allow me to do it, in short this place really stinks and not even having a casino or any type of entertainment makes me give is a big 00000000, stay away from this place is stinks and smells with failure, I don't recommend this place and there is no way I would stay at this place ever again not even if it was free.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I do sincerely apologize for the concerns you encountered. I do want you to know that we have addressed your concerns with both Valet and Housekeeping as this is unacceptable. This is certainly not how we envisioned your stay and not the type of service you deserve. If you are willing to give us another chance, please call the hotel and ask for me Derek. I'd like to personally get involved and ensure a better visit. Thank you, we are firm believers that we can learn from our mistakes to avoid them from happening in the future.
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We will definitely be back. With OR without the kids. Great value. Nice quality. VERY friendly staff. I did NOT see ANY of the imperfections noted in a few of the reviews. Lobby has a hip vibe. (Nice happy hour. All food drinks half off 4-8, 7 days a week). We enjoyed a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen. And a LARGE jacuzzi tub. It really had the feel of high end. CERTAINLY as high end (if not way nicer) as the hotels on the strip with double queen, standard rooms at $200-$300/night. (Plus no resort fee). Pool was great. Poolside food/drinks good and very reasonably priced. Gym was ok. We got the workout in, but a few more pieces of equipment would be nice. Gambling right next door at Tuscany. (They have a great Mexican restaurant inside too). Clean, nice casino. Of course we hit the strip. It is a five minute walk to Bally's and from there you have all the Vegas you can handle.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for the great comments. I'm glad you were able to check out the Happy Hour. It is one the latest running and best valued around the Strip. Most Happy Hours around town will end much earlier. Keeping it going until 8pm, helps all travelers and locals enjoy it. We will be certain to share your review and recognize our staff for doing a great job. Thanks again!
Glendale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great non-gaming, non smoking and non party hotel. Large rooms, full kitchen (you can get pots and pans by asking), comfortable bed and large Jacuzzi tub. 2 TV's both flat screen (guessing 35 inch) and a 1 mile walk or ride from the strip. Parking is valet only. View of strip was a few dollars more (be sure you ask or tell them you want the view facing the Bellagio) or you could end up looking at a power station and the North end of the strip as we did. (They very nicely changed it when we complained and moved us from the 5th to the 16th floor.) Room had a balcony which was nice, just normal city noises at night but was quiet overall.

Room Tip: If you go for the view of the strip be sure you ask or tell them you want the view facing the Bellag...