“Great Room and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Room and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very quiet off strip in Vegas. the room was clean and comfortable and had more amenities than most, fridge, stove large bathroom with separate shower and bath. One thing in particular that I enjoyed was that the whole place is smoke free. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the pool are, while not fancy was relaxing. I would recommend staying here. The only thing I didn't like was that it is a long walk, especially in the heat, to the strip and the area between the hotel and the strip is kinda sketchy. But, Ellis Island Casino is right around the corner and it has cheap tables and fantastic BBQ!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. I am happy your stay with us was comfortable and that you enjoyed our large guestrooms with all the comforts they provide. We appreciate your business and would like to serve you again in the future.

2,438 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
Islamorada, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I recently had to be in Vegas on business and The Platinum was recommended to me by an associate. I am not really a Vegas person and not that excited about going there, but the hotel was a nice surprise. Check-in was fast and friendly. When I got to the room my cell phone charger had died and the nice young man at the front desk charged it for me and told me how to get to the nearest Apple store. The happy hour with half off drinks and appetizers was great. My "room" was a large one-bedroom suite with full kitchen and over sized bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the suite was very clean. When I left I had a problem printing out a label so I could ship a box back. Joe and Al were very helpful and took care of everything for me. The hotel van gave us a lift a couple of times and we really appreciated that. Kathy in the Spa gives an awesome massage! Very reasonably priced room and food and close to, but far enough away from the craziness. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am happy your friend referred us to you and also pleased that your stay with us was pleasant and comfortable. Thank you for taking the time to give us this wonderful review and recognize everyone who went above and beyond during your stay. I'm sure it makes them very happy to know that they have left an impression of our service in your mind. Thank you once again and we hope you stay with us again in the future.
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our family of 8 from Norway stayed at the Platinum Hotel and Spa from June 12 to June 15 2013. We had 2 suites, 4 persons in each. We were met by a very friendly and service minded staff with good humor, especially the valet and the waiter at the restaurant on 5. floor. The hotel has a very good location, is quiet, the suites are big and have a very good standard. The hotel does not have a casino, that's perfect - there's plenty of casino's other places in Las Vegas. We stayed at the hotel mainly because of a sightseeing to the Grand Canyon and some shopping in Las Vegas.
This is our best stay on any hotel ever and we will recommend it to everyone.
We will stay at the Platinum again if we come to Las Vegas in the future.
Just perfect!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that our staff was humerous and delightful. Also happy to know that your trip to Las Vegas was memorable and comfortable. We thank you for your recommendation and hope you choose to stay with us again in the future if you decide to visit Las Vegas again.
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Could not believe the size of our room. Most comfortable stay I have ever had in Las Vegas. I was involved in Flames of War tournament and the hotel provided lunch for the players and the sandwiches were delicious.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. Most of our guests are amazed by the size of our accommodations, and that's why they choose to come back and stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and hope you choose to stay with us in the future.
Jarvis, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I go to Vegas at least once a year, we could have a comp'd room on the strip but for the last 3 trips we have chosen to stay at the Platinum. There is no reason why we won't make it a fourth time on our next Las Vegas vacation. For us it's the perfect resort, what else can I say?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I am happy to hear that you have stayed with us in the past and will choose to stay with us again next time. We certainly appreciate your business and your wonderful review. We look forward to your next visit to Las Vegas.
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The suite was huge, Stirs happy 'hour' was fantastic. Check in was quick. Besides check in we had little contact with the staff although the simple task of providing a working remote seemed to be beyond them - took 3 staff - maybe it was our accent?. I chose the Platinum because it was off strip, non smoking and not a casino. The location isn't too far off strip - about half a block behind Bally's - unfortunately what we saw between the Bally and the Platinum was litter and broken glass, and homeless people sleeping on the sidewalk and in garden beds - not the hotels fault but they should talk to the city and get it cleaned up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced to receive a working remote control. I am happy however that you had a wonderful vacation and enjoyed our non gaming and non smoking hotel. We appreciate you giving us this review and thank you for your business.
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Finding a hotel via the internet isn't always the easiest thing to do. You always wonder just how well the description will match the actual experience. Well, we were certainly not disappointed with the Platinum Hotel and Spa. It's only 5 minutes from the strip. And although the room was incredible, (plush bathroom, modern kitchen, separate bedroom, good price) I have to say, it was the staff that made our stay so enjoyable. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel like we really did matter as customers. One of us had developed a huge blister and had trouble walking, so the valets drove her to the Aria where she was meeting me to go to see Cirque. Even after we had checked out 8 hours earlier (our flight was at 11:30 pm) and weren't really customers anymore, the staff offered to drive us to the airport at no charge. I have absolutely no hesitation about recommending this fabulous hotel.

One warning though, if you are taking a cab from the strip back to the hotel, don't tell the cabbie you want to go the Platinum unless you actually do want to go to the strip club called the Platinum. And it's on the same street at the hotel and spa! So, be specific about exactly where you want to go. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I couldn't agree with you more, that selectiing a hotel on the internet could be challenging and disappointing at times. Thank you for adding to our wonderful resume of reviews by all our guests who emjoyed staying with us. We appreciate our customers and we work hard at making their vacation just a little more joyful with the little touches that we provide. We certainly appreciate your business and referrals and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Been to Platinum Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!