“Greatly anticipated, and not disappointed!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   211 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #12 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Hampshire
“Greatly anticipated, and not disappointed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I decided to stay at the Platinum Hotel & Spa long before they could actually accept my reservation (is was that far in advance!), so I had spent a long time anticipating and looking forward to my stay!

I arrived at the hotel a day later than planned due to airline problems, and the check-in process was smooth and courteous with no issue mentioned about me being later than expected.

Upon entering the room, I was pleasantly surprised at the space of the living room and the 'plushness' of the fixtures and fittings and general decor.

My family and I had booked a 'Princess Suite with Strip View'.

The bathroom was massive with a lovely walk-in shower and massive jacuzzi bath. Massive master bedroom. My only criticsism with the master bedroom would be the lack of a light in the walk-in wardrobe. Was very difficult to see clothing, and if any dark garments fell on the floor, you'd struggle to see it!

The sofa bed that I slept on was ok on the comfort side (good for a sofa bed, but primarily less comfortable than a standard bed). It wasn't always made up by the maid each day though, which was disappointing as it was obvious it had been slept in the previous night.

The overall cleanliness of the room was good, although we had to ask for the carpets to be hoovered two thirds of the way through our stay as it had not been done at all (we were there for 9 nights in total). Also, there appeared to be clumps of human hair on the floor of the balcony which remained there for the duration of our stay.

The view from the balcony was enjoyable, but the majority of The Strip was behind other buildings - we could just see the top of the Eiffel Tower at Paris, and the top of Caesars Palace. With hindsight, I probably wouldn't have paid the extra for the view, but we enjoyed it all the same.

The staff at The Platinum are its biggest asset! Every member of staff I encountered were friendly and approachable and were happy to help with any query we had. The valets that dealt with our hire car (and lots of shopping bags!) were very helpful especially, and put up with my father's jokes :-)

It was a pleasure to return each day to the smoke-free environment of the Platinum as it took a bit of getting used to the smoke in other hotels - especially coming from the UK where smoking in public buildings is now banned.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Platinum for anyone looking for a good value for money stay off The Strip. I hope to return at some point in the future!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, don't book a Strip View as our 7th floor room overlooked the pool area...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your great review. We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and staff and found the nonsmoking atmosphere a pleasant part of your stay.

2,451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We are locals but celebrated my boyfriends 50th bday by staying at this hotel. The staff went above and beyond in helping me to make it a perfect surprise. As noted in other reviews, the rooms really are huge, especially for a property so close to the strip. They have full size appliances in the kitchen and you can completely close off the bedroom from the rest of the suite. There is a nice bar on the ground floor and I guess they serve food there in the evening but we only had drinks one night. I would not recommend their cafe/restaurant that is on the upper floor unless you are pressed for time. The service and food were "ok". There are lots of places to eat nearby as the strip is only a short walk away. We would highly recommend this location to friends/family visiting the area as it is a great value for the price.

Room Tip: Although they list all the rooms get a view, it really depends on where you stand when looking out t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your great review. As always we love when locals visit us and enjoy their stay so much.
Battle Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Spent several days here and can't say enough about how nice the rooms are, how good the staff is and how HUGE the rooms are. Every room with kitchen area, separate bedroom area than can be closed off, massive bathroom with nice shower and two-person whirlpool tub.The desk personnel provided excellent tips for dining and casino visits. (No casino here, just peace and quiet). Regardless of those who say that it is a mere short walk to "the strip" that is NOT true. Quite walk to visit Paris or Bellagio and they are listed as being only 1/4 block or 1/2 block away. Take the car and save the walking for the shops and the casino floors. Still this is a fab hotel and you can't go wrong here. Relaxing, calm, and a short DRIVE to anywhere. Well worth the rooms. Try to get a room with a strip view. Any problems were solved in very short order, such as an in-room safe that would not open. They jump on anything that bugs you ASAP! The restaurant was also excellent for breakfast...but they do not serve in the evenings.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
We're thrilled you enjoyed our great rooms and helpful staff.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Big, beautiful rooms. Superb staff. Exceptional service. Just two blocks from the Strip. It is a such a treat to come back to the peace and quiet of this lovely hotel after being on the Strip. The staff greet you like you are a celebrity - the bartender remembers what you ordered the night before and asks if you want to have the regular. NO RESORT FEES. The Internet is wireless and is free. I love this hotel and will be back again and again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I'm so pleased our hotel and staff made such a great impression on you and that you will be one of our treasured repeat visitors.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights and thought it was the best....I did have specific requirements (balcony and non gaming) so my choice was somewhat limited, but very happy I booked at Platinum. It was a short 15 minute walk to the Strip, and it was so nice to return to its quiet environment after the noise and crowds of the Strip.
Liked - the HUGE rooms, the in house dining, the pool area, the friendly lobby staff, free valet parking, the price, the location.
Disliked - the 'business centre' (a waste of space)
Would recommend the Platinum to anyone visiting Vegas who wants a hotel that is a little oacis of calm in the otherwise manic Strip precinct.

Room Tip: Get a strip view princess suite - well worth the extra
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We love that you loved the Platinum.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was less than a mile from the Sands Expo and Convention Center, where the company for whom I work was exhibiting in early November 2012. I drove to Vegas with my six month-old son and my mom, who watched him while I was working. The Platinum Hotel was perfect for the three of us. The bedroom was spacious--large enough to set up a portable crib and still have room to walk between the beds. The living room was comfortable and had a flat-screen television for my mom to watch while the baby was napping. The bathroom had a shower stall and a separate bathtub. For us, the kitchen was the best feature about the room. We asked for pots and pans upon checking in, and we received them within the hour of getting to our room. It was nice to be able to heat up bottles and baby food and cook meals in the room. (There is an Albertsons grocery store very close to the hotel.) This hotel also was appealing to me because it had a non-smoking policy and did not have a casino. The staff was very courteous and helpful, especially the valets. They were always prompt and attentive whenever we needed the car. We had a pleasant stay and I would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled you had an excellent stay and look forward to having you as our guest again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were really pleased with this hotel. I booked by phone and they were willing to price match another website for us and when the price went down later, they price matched that too. Plus, they DO NOT have resort fees. The room was really nice with a separate kitchen, living room and bedroom. The bathroom was awesome. It had a double vanity, a great shower and huge tube. It was great having a balcony to hang out on. The staff was super nice and accomadating with everything we needed. The bar in the lobby had a great happy hour and was nice to hang out in before heading out for the night. It was an easy walk to the strip and we never felt unsafe. My mom and I went to the spa and had a wonderful experience. We got massages, scrubs and wraps for a good price and the ladies in the spa were super. I would definitely recommend it. Our only negative experience was in the restaurant by the pool. It was understaffed and we were quoted one price, but charged another and we're told there was nothing they could do about it. Besides this I would recommend staying at this non-smoking hotel for some peace and quiet off the strip.

Room Tip: Choose a high room with a strip few to enjoy from your balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about us on TA. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and got the chance to use all our amenities.

Been to Platinum Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!