“Wont stay anywhere else!” 5 of 5 stars

$75 Retail Gift Card
Ranked #12 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
ABINGTON
“Wont stay anywhere else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

We were in Vegas for a Tae Kwon Do event at the Tropicana and picked the Signature for its Non-Smoking policy. We got a decent rate for a basic Jr. Suite and were thrilled with the entire stay. Check in was a breeze, professional and friendly. The room was spotless with a jacuzzi, fridge, microwave, 2 burner cooktop and plenty of silver, pots, dishes etc. We could have cooked all our meals there if that was what we wanted.

We were in Tower Two which faces the airport but did not find the noise intrusive - and my boyfriend ended up with the flu so we were in the room more than usual and sleep was definitely a priority.

When you arrive at the Signature lobby the elevator to your room is right there - no walking a mile through the maze of a casino to get to your room or back to the lobby for a taxi. We also never had to wait for a taxi from the Signature lobby and the drivers were very good at weaving through the back streets to get us down the strip without getting stuck on the strip.

It is a little bit of a walk to MGM Grand but not horrible - maybe 5-7 minutes. The moving walkway takes you right to the restaurants of the MGM and the monorail station.

Overall we were very happy to have an extremely comfortable room at a decent price a little bit away from the hustle but close enough that we didn't feel isolated.

• Liked — Non-smoking policy
  • Disliked — Limited food choices
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,008)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
HOUSTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

We visited Las Vegas and this hotel for New Year's Eve 2008. Although the three towers of this property make it appear sizeable like the other Las Vegas behemoth hotels, it felt more like a boutique hotel. Every member of the staff that I encountered was very pleasant and professional. Check-in was a snap since there was no line. We had a Junior Suite in Tower 3 without a balcony, but it was everything that I requested, especially the higher floor with a Strip view. If it were not for the new Planet Hollywood tower being built next door that blocks some of the landscape and more interesting buildings, the views would have been spectacular. The room was well maintained, large with tasteful décor and even equipped with a small kitchen. Housekeeping was amazing and nonintrusive. The only glitch was that sometimes the internet connection was spotty. This hotel is perfect if you want luxury but don’t want to deal with the throngs of tourists. If you are so inclined, take advantage of the MGM Grand Spa next door – it was wonderful. When you schedule a service, you are given full access to the spa and facilities. The atmosphere is very serene – I only wish that I had scheduled services beyond the fabulous Express Mani Pedi and spent more time there. The only major detractor for staying at The Signature is the long trek (from Tower 3 where we were ) to the MGM Grand casino and Monorail. In spite of the beauty and amenities of this hotel, if you are like my fiancé and need to be close to the “action”, you might be better off in another hotel that is closer to the strip and at least has gaming in its own lobby. As for me, it was a very nice stay.

• Liked — Spacious room with all of the amenities
  • Disliked — Long distance from the strip and other casinos
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

This was definitely a surprise. We expected the usual chaotic hotel experience that you would expect in Las Vegas however, just off the strip, we entered a beautiful gated area to the "neighboring" hotel to the MGM Grand - The Signature MGM. We walked into an amazing lobby sans the smoke and noise of a casino - just a peaceful, serene, beautiful lobby filled with a wonderful, fragrant aroma. At once we felt at peace. We were pleasantly upgraded to a one bedroom suite and when we walked in we were literally floored. By far one of the most beautiful rooms we had ever stayed in. A complete fully-equipped kitchen with all stainless appliances, a beautiful living and dining area with flat screen T.V. and beautiful bathroom but we then stepped into the separate bedroom area with HUGE bathroom complete with jetted jacuzzi tub, beautiful enclosed glass shower and his and her vanity areas, lighted closets, and even a beautiful desk with a secret, pop-up flat screen T.V. accessed with the push of a button. Having an end unit made it even better as our bedroom looked out onto the strip and we could see all the way to the mountains. Our room even included a balcony. The room was extremely quiet and you would never know that you are just steps away from the busy street life of Las Vegas and neighboring airport. Didn't hear a thing. We liked it so much we didn't want to leave the room. Decided to have a quiet Valentine's Day dinner in and ordered room service which was promptly brought to us in 30 minutes. Wonderful, yummy dinner - service was amazing. An all around special place to stay. There is a private covered enclosed walkway that takes you straight to the heart of the MGM Grand hotel where we were able to go to the concert we had planned to see along with visiting beautiful shops, restaurants and casino. We will definitely be back and cannot recommend this place highly enough. A real GEM in the desert!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
paphos
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

This is a beautiful spacious hotel with enormous quality and excellent service but--and it's the biggest but possible--On one side is the 24hr Airport and on the other the 24hr building of the Planet Hollywood building with beepers going night and day.The Triple Glazing can't keep the noise to even tolerable levels,I can only suppose that the other tripadvisors who rave about this hotel are sufficiently intoxicated to sleep through it as there can be no other possible answer.Do not stay here if sleep is a priority!

Stayed February 2009
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

We loved The Signature at MGM. One of the biggest reasons is that it is new, clean and modern. It is very tastefully decorated. The hotel and the rooms themselves. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. It was huge. The bathroom was very nice. It had an enormous jetted tub and a very good size shower. The service was impeccable. The concierge was amazing. No matter who was working up there, they were all very knowledgeable and friendly. They go out of their way to be helpful. We asked them to rearrange some dinner reservations and get us tickets to shows among many other things. They made our stay much smoother and relaxing. Everyone at the front desk was the same way. The hotel has a walkway right into the MGM Grand, which we found very convenient and used it alot. We would absolutely stay here again and have already recommended it to our friends and family.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

Fantastic, well equipt rooms with all the creature comforts you could wish for. Large spacious rooms with impressive jacuzzi bath and double sink area for his and hers.
Staff very helpful, valet service at the hotel which you pay a daily amount for.
Superb hotel, lovely high quality rooms.

Fantastic would recommend this hotel to all.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Obligatory fee for valet service although it was a lovely experience of living the "high life"
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ding
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

I have always laughed a bit inside when someone has told that a clerk or some other customer service has ruined their impression of the hotel. Well now I'm writing a similar review.

I booked a room at this place for a decent rate, around $150 a night and was fine with the hotel room for that price. Also no complaints about the housekeeping, room service etc either.

I was actually so pleased that I wanted to extend my stay. So in the morning of my supposed to check out I went to desk and asked the clerk if he could add few more nights to my stay. He said it was $169 + other fees night - i could have gotten it cheaper online, but I had no problems paying this. He asked for my credit card for some security purpose, which was weird because I had already given my card twice during the stay and I'm sure they details were saved on their computer. But I gave him my card and he said its not working, I figured that's weird because I had just paid something else with it and knew very well it was working. Well I gave him other credit card which I also knew is working and again he claimed its not working. Well now it's getting a bit problematic so I suggest that what if I do a good deposit. Without even negotiating about the amount, he goes to say (with bad attitude) that the rooms are million dollar condos (clearly not true) and implies that there is a chance that I might steal things. At this point I'm starting to get pretty furious, considering how much money I have spend at their property so I decide that I'm just going to move to another hotel. So I go to my room and book a stay at other hotel (with credit card that supposedly wasn't working). When I come to check out and pay the room service bill with cash the person again has a bad attitude when I ask to get all my moneys back (cant believe he thought I would tip even little after how he just treated me).

As if this wasn't enough when I check in to this new hotel I go to check my credit card statement online and sure enough there is a payment for those 4 nights at the Signature that I wanted to buy - with credit card that supposedly couldn't work even if he tried it again.

I send an email to the hotel asking for an statement and say that I have this payment on my CC. I get the statement and they seem to have now cancelled the payment(or at least some of it), but I haven't been given any explanation or given even little "We are sorry about this".

So in a nutshell cant recommed for anyone to stay here.

• Stayed February 2009
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Signature at MGM Grand? Share your experiences!