“A very pleasant experience.” 5 of 5 stars

$75 Retail Gift Card
Ranked #12 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Omaha, Nebraska
“A very pleasant experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Signature. While our first impression after our check in wasn't the best (the room was slightly dirty) the housekeeping and front desk staff was great. The hotel was very quiet, and was very safe. The room was spectacular for what we paid. The only downside was that we were in Tower 3, which meant there was a lot of walking to the Mgm Grand casino. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,006)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I'm torn the hotel itself is beautiful, its quiet and clean and the rooms are spacious but by the time you walk to the front of the MGM Grand you've already covered quite some distance. If I went back to Vegas I'd be sorely tempted to stay in the Venetian or the Bellagio as they felt more central. A huge plus for us was that it is non-smoking. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were given a room with a balcony which was a huge plus for us. The range and quality of the toiletries was very good. The bathroom was fab with a huge bath and a large shower cubicle.

Room Tip: Obviously the higher the better. Tower one is the closest to the MGM Grand.
Green Features: Our towels were replaced each day, there was no option to keep them longer which was a shame.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

OMG, we loved this hotel, stayed in February for my 40th Birthday. We stayed on the 31st floor in tower 1! The views of the strip were amazing, in fact everything was amazing! We loved the fact that the hotel wasn't as busy as the other hotels in Vegas!
The room was massive, it was such a beautiful suite with an amazing bathroom especially the Jacuzzi bath! There was a built in kitchen unit but we didn't need it as we ate out!
The staff were very accommodating and nothing was any trouble. We used the pool one day which was lovely. We hired a car for a couple of days and the valet parking was fab!
Although the hotel is a little set back of the strip behind the MGM we enjoyed the walk.
Would love to go back!

Room Tip: High Floors a must!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SignatureManagement, Signature Guest Relations at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing this positive feedback with us!

We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciate the opportunity to provide the details of your guest experience to our employees. We have provided our direct contact information to your message site in the event that we may provide any additional assistance.

We truly value your business and hope that we may welcome you back in the future.

Nicole Cavanah
Signature Guest Relations
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel rooms are nice but the Grand Tower is nicer in my opinion. There is more space and a larger living room area. Everything was clean and nice. Room service was fast. Signature rooms are quite far away from the casino so be prepared to walk a little.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've stayed at the Signature at MGM on two separate business trips and both stays have been fantastic. This week, I stayed on the 22nd floor with a beautiful view of downtown. Tower 1 couldn't be more convenient - a great room, fitness center that has it all, Starbucks, and a Lounge all within a minute of each other! An easy walk to restaurants and casinos if you want. Only regret is I did not get an opportunity to use the pool - next time! Very friendly and accommodating staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of downtown!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Before I start my first review on this place, I want to mention that I've stayed at this place approximately 3 times (every year for the last 3 years) during the January time frame. Each of those times, I've been placed in a different tower (so I've stayed in all 3 Towers).

I've been to Las Vegas multiple times and I've stayed in Monte Carlo, the main MGM Grand, Stratosphere, Golden Nugget, South Point Hotel, and the Las Vegas Hilton. Out of all the properties that I've stayed at, I like staying at The Signature and I normally try to stay at The Signature if (1) they have rooms available and (2) the price is what I believe is reasonable.

The way I understand this property is that a lot of the rooms were converted or sold off as condo units and owners are able to rent them via The Signature.

Each time that I've stayed there, I've rented with one of the "owner groups" which entitled me to everything that The Signature offers to their regular guests (access to pool, access to fitness center, free wireless, free daily newspapers, free local calling, etc.) except I don't get the daily housekeeping and the price is less. The only issue with this is if the person staying has an issue with the room which I've had in the past (minor issues), he/she generally have to deal with the "owner group" as opposed to dealing with the front desk. For example, last year the iPhone/iPod clock radio in the room wasn't working (the time was wrong and the buttons to change the time didn't work), I had to call the "owner group" for this. Other issues like not being able to get into your room or not being able to get into the safety deposit box in the room are dealt with by calling the front desk.

As mentioned, I've stayed at this property multiple times and my stays were in January. I read some of the other reviews and there is mention that certain pools are not open. For me, I don't swim and didn't try any of the pools at the Signature nor at MGM (which Signature guests are eligible to use) so I don't know anything about this beyond what I was told when I checked in at the front desk in January 2014.

This place has valet parking only. I normally have a rental car with me in Las Vegas and I am generally not very fond of valet parking since the valet parking stubs always have the disclaimer that they aren't responsible for any damage that happens to the car while in their possession. That being said, in the 3 years that I've been staying here, I've never had a problem with the rental car when I've dropped it off and picked it up from their valet parking.

I found the room to be very spacious. The rooms that I've normally stayed in The Signature came with a balcony (paid extra for this). The view from the balconies that I've had were very nice. The safety deposit box in the room was large to accommodate my laptop, full size digital camera DSLR, and tablet. I would say that it is the same size as most of the room safety deposit boxes that I've had.

One of the things that I like about the Signature is that it is completely smoke free. In other hotels, they may have smoke free rooms or smoke free floors but when I've stayed there, I could still sometimes smell smoke even when I was in a non-smoking room and a non-smoking floor.

Some people might find this a negative but for me, it isn't that big of a deal and that is The Signature is ~10 to 15 minute walk to the MGM Grand using the indoor walkways so if you have problems with mobility, this place might not be a good pick for your stay.

I found the fitness centers to be well equipped. I normally just use the treadmills and I found that they had plenty of free treadmills at the time that I normally went to do my workout.

During my 1 week stay this trip, I was granted access to the laundry room. Previously I didn't get this privilege because I didn't stay 7 nights. I found the laundry room to be nice and I didn't have any issues with the clothes washer nor the dryer. You do need to purchase your detergent which they sell in one of the boutiques I believe but I was prepared and had gone shopping prior to my checking in.

The wireless worked fine in my room. During a few of my stays at this property, I did find the wireless signal to be weak so it is really hit & miss with the wireless.

I'm not sure if all the rooms are like this but during my numerous stay at this property, I found the bathroom to be very large with a fairly large stand up shower, a separate large jacuzzi bathtub, a large mirror with full sized (large) counter top, and a separate small room for toilet.

I didn't have any issues with my stay during January 2014 although I did notice that there was a dead moth in one of the light fixtures in the middle of my stay. Since I wasn't really bothered by it, I didn't report it until I checked out. The room was clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom balcony room on the 21st floor in tower 1. This had a strip view and could see tower 2 pool.

The room was gorgeous and absolutely massive. It had 2 toilets and 2 showers which was great for us getting ready. Also had a massive jacuzzi bath. Kitchen came fully equipped with all utensils needed.

Was a bit of a treck but we knew this and there were moving walkways which helped.

Only used the pool area at our tower which was lovely also.

Only downside to it all was I had asked the night before if we could get a late check out and they said they could give late check out until 1pm if available and to phone down between 5am and 7am the morning of check out. I called down at 6am and they said that they were fully booked and I asked if there was anything we could pay for and they called me back saying could get a half day rate until 6pm which would be $140. I decided this was too steep and to leave this. Just thought a bit strange they couldnt give us till at least 1pm. As we were leaving for airport 7pm. Only reason to drop to 4 instead of 5.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Signature at MGM Grand? Share your experiences!