“Great Overall Value - Would stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver
“Great Overall Value - Would stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here in April (2013) . I have been to vegas many times, have stayed at Bally's, Planet Hollywood, Luxor, MGM Skyloft Suites. Stayed here from a sun - wed. I came here with my wife and my two children ages 3 and 1 as well as my parents.

Rooms :We had two rooms side by side with a shared entry. First impressions of the rooms were great, clean, well decorated, bathrooms were nice and plenty of sleeping space. Flat screen tv's everywhere and a variety of sitting areas to relax while enjoying floor to ceiling window views. Has a balcony as well.

Pros: Amenities at MGM Hotel are great ( Restaurants, casino, entertainment) , and since you are staying at Signature you have access to all of this. The best amenity for us is the pool complex, quiet enough on the sun-wed so our kids could play, other families there as well.
Best pool complex i've seen so far in Vegas.

Cons : Be prepared to walk. The signature itself only has a small convenience store, starbucks and a lounge area for you to access directly. All the good things are at MGM so although the first few times the walk doesn't seem bad, after a day or two it's tiring. Especially if you want to walk to the strip at night, the trek to the strip although seems close is a few "Vegas blocks".

Overall I would stay here again. For the price, the room that you get is big and emmaculate. Your location is good on the strip and the amenities at MGM are fabulous. One of my top picks for staying in Vegas , especially travelling with family, I would consider staying here with friends as well.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

7,472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,724)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed over the 4th of July in Tower 3. I liked that it was a bit away from the action, and didn't mind the walk through the other towers to get to MGM Grand for dining, gambling, etc. At this time of year it was too hot to be walking the strip anyway, so it was no issue for me that it took a bit of a walk to hit the strip. You can walk through MGM to NY NY, and through there to other casinos, so it's really not that bad. I expect to walk a lot in Vegas. In any case, the room was very spacious and nicely appointed. Everything seemed fairly new and/or updated. My room overlooked the pool, which was nice because I could look down and check to see how the loungers were filling up. Unlike some other posters, I couldn't hear noise/music from the pool at all, and I was only on the 3rd floor. I enjoyed the pool; there were always plenty of loungers available and they give you as many towels as you want. (Guess I am used to Caribbean resorts where you get one towel and have to surrender a towel card to get it!) The drinks at the pool were expensive, though, and not very strong. My only complaint about the whole thing is that (I'm guessing because of location) this is the hotel for a lot of families with kids. Right after noon the pool would get absolutely overrun. If you are a single adult or adults travelling this could be a bit much. I found myself wishing that, if they have 3 towers and 3 pools, they would designate one pool as adults only. The best part of the stay was the staff, who were so super nice at every turn. I mean over the top nice. I don't know what kind of training they put their staff through, but they need to sell that training program all over the world. Service was top-notch!

Room Tip: Tower 3 is away from the action if you are looking for a low-key getaway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

After sharing a small overpriced room between four people in Santa Monica, coming to the Signature and having two rooms between us felt like heaven. The rooms are very large so you'll definitely have some personal space if you're like me and need it! The facilities are also fantastic - we got much use out of our microwave and fridge. Having bowls, plates and cutlery was also something I really appreciated.
I slept on the pull out sofa bed which was surprisingly very comfortable! The first night I just slept on top of a single sheet as there were no other sheets or duvets in the room, but on the second night cleaning staff had kindly made up my sofa bed properly which was much appreciated.
I had limited interaction with staff so I can't comment on that. I will say that we requested a higher level when booking and were disappointed to find we were on level 3, especially knowing there were more than 30 levels above us.
For our particular needs the location was absolutely fantastic. The family-oriented nature of our stay meant we didn't want to stay in a smoke-filled casino right on the strip, and the Signature was a fantastic alternative. The walk to the strip really is quite comfortable and not a problem at all. However, if you are visiting Vegas for the party lifestyle I would definitely recommend staying somewhere else. You certainly feel quite isolated from the hustle and bustle of Vegas - it's up to you to decide if this is a good thing or not!
The dining options were quite good - Delights in Tower 2 where we stayed had very decent food for decent prices. I would recommend steering clear in peak times though - I headed down to grab breakfast at around 10:30 and was told there would be a 20 minute wait at the very least. Instead I made the minute walk to Tower 1 and visited Starbucks which is very convenient.
I will make note of the "free wifi" - it was absolutely atrocious. Highly unreliable and inconsistent. Of course there is always the Starbucks free wifi which was fine, as well as the wifi access in the lobby. Perhaps it was just our room's location but it was incredibly frustrating to have no internet access when we were paying for it in our $25 daily resort fee.
Apart from this, I would definitely recommend the Signature. We had a highly enjoyable and comfortable stay as a family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a perfect spot to stay if you are not all wound up about being ON the strip.. this hotel has everything, is clean, beautiful, and you are guaranteed to have a good time. The 1 bedroom suites are awesome

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Horndean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here with friends - first time in Vegas. Wanted a slightly off strip hotel, so this fit the bill. We planned a lot of non-Vegas activities and the concierge was very helpful worked hard to get us some good deals on car hire and side trips

It is a long walk from tower 3 to the front of the MGM Grand via the walkways and casino, but that didn't bother me, but if you have mobility issues it might not be for you. Had a room high up facing the airport, but didn't have noise problems

Room Tip: If you want good views over the Strip - Tower 1
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Love the location.
Love the hotel.
Why are the staff so confused but yet very friendly?

Stayed here over a long weekend in an adjoined corner suite. Check in was very easy and felt very secure as they asked for id and friends names etc.

The rooms were fantastic and very clean. Having a kitchen was great and everything is there if someone was so inclined to cook or try to keep prices down on a family vacation.
One suite had 2 bathrooms (1 of which was massive with a jet tub), 1 king bedroom with a cool tv setup, living/dining and kitchen combo. The adjoined room next door was a studio type room with a queen sofa pullout and a queen bed and a small kitchen also complete with everything that would be needed to cook.

The linens and duvets were good quality and they even give you bathrobes so you can feel fancy if desired.

The pool was nice, clean and quiet and you could have all the towels you want. Cocktail and food service available as well as cabanas. Staying at the Signature you also have access to the MGM Grand pool. By comparison the Signature pool was relaxed and like a library compared to MGM grand on Saturday. Be warned the Lazy River is not so lazy on the weekend and its a floating party... chances are after 1pm your more likely to be floating down the yellow river if you know what I mean. There is also a day pool party or club Wet Republic right beside the hotel too.

Location, Location, Location. Awesome locations. A few (very hot) blocks to the strip. Short $20 or less cab ride to or from the airport or most other casinos or places anyone would want to go on the strip.

My few minor complaints with the hotel. Every time we called the concierge they answered and were so lovely and polite. But on several occasions we did not get what we asked for. Sewing kit, extra towels, extra linens and dry cleaning. With one call requesting room service they placed us on hold for several minutes (to check on room service) before returning to the call to tell us that their kitchen was closed.

My biggest complaint is waiting for the dry cleaning that we were assured was on the way to the room the day of our checkout. This took over half an hour to arrive and we could not go to pick it up. Then after checking out of the hotel trying to get a cab to the airport was a 20+ minute nightmare. It seems around noon on a Sunday, when everyone is checking out, they may want to call ahead to get even 1 cab waiting outside. At one point there were 5 parties waiting for a cab and the hotel curbside staff were useless. So my advice is checkout day give yourself plenty of time especially if laundry services or a cab are required.

Overall I would stay here again. I liked it aside from minor details.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SignatureManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Good Morning!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that the hotel and amenities met your expectations. However, I am very sorry that the staff did not meet your expectations. I have given this information to the hotel manager and the manager of guest service. Please know that we will most certainly take your recommendations into consideration to better our customer service. If there is anything further that I may assist you with please contact me directly at cdarbey@lv.mgmgrand.com .

Have a wonderful day!

Catie Darbey
Assistant Manager of Guest Relations
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I think the first time we stayed at Vdara at City Center, we knew we were going to be spoiled and inevitably compare every future Vegas experience to that of staying at the Vdara... and after this last weekend at The Signature at MGM Grand, I can now say my suspicions were confirmed. MGM Grand itself is a great casino and hotel - you can't beat the lazy river, outdoor amenities (despite being very crowded and overrun with kids) the food/restaurant options are fantastic; but the rooms at the Signature can't compare to newer all suites hotels in Vegas. We were really disappointed by the lackluster in room amenities, dated appliances and subpar service. In addition to this it's really inconvenient to get to - there are 3 different towers to choose from at the Signature, all of which are about 10-15 minutes away from MGM Grand. It's easy to feel a little disconnected. You definitely get a lot of value for your money - but it wasn't my favorite!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Signature at MGM Grand? Share your experiences!