“Christmas in Las Vegas” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
kitchener ontario canada
“Christmas in Las Vegas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was our second visit to The Signature MGM.It is a non gaming hotel. This is the type of hotel that I prefer when visiting Vegas. You enter a very nice lobby with attentive staff to check you in and make sure you are comfortable. You do not have the smell of smoke or crowds of a casino. The rooms are bright and very spacious. I like having a coffee maker in my room for my morning coffee.It is a nice way to wake up and decide what adventure lies ahead.We selected a one bedroom unit on a lower floor in tower 1. This tower is closest to the strip being about a five minute walk. This year we rented a car at the airport and used the hotel valet service. The attendents were always prompt and curtious. We dined in a number of different restaurants on the strip. The only dining establishment we used at the MGM was the Grand Wok. This was a Chinese/Thai restaurant. We were seated quickly and served in a friendly manner. The food was good but not great. All in all a great place to stay and would not hestitate to stay here again .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,007)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stoney Creek, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Spent Christmas in Vegas, signature made it perfect, from the minute we arrived till the minute we left we could not have asked for better service, a cleaner room or a more beautiful view. The day we were leaving our flight did not leave till late evening and the thought of not having a room after 11am wasn't great, front desk recommended we rent the room till 6pm for only $45.00 then leave our luggage with them until shuttle came. As far as the room goes what more luxury and comfort could you want, clean as a whistle every day. We loved the kitchen as we are not big on a lot of restaurant meals. We will most definetly be recommending the Signature MGM to everyone.
Thanks again
Vegas Virgins

Room Tip: We were 25th strip view and loved it
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Beautiful place, but our room was dirty enough when we got here that we had to pull back the sheets to make sure they had been changed. M&Ms on the floor along with several beer caps and flat surfaces throughout that were spotted and crumbs everywhere!

We complained and asked for a thorough cleaning, but no vacuum was ever run and the M&Ms are still on the floor! The carpets are dirty and need to be restretched/replaced.

It is a good escape from the casino and not too far of a walk from the action.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SignatureManagement, Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you choosing the Signature at the MGM Grand and for your valued feedback on the condition of your suite. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. This certainly is not our practice to provide this kind of service. It is important for us to understand more details including the service provider of your suite. Please contact me directly at aaskins@lv.mgmgrand.com so that I may personally discuss this with you. Our goal is to ensure your satisfaction and have you as a return guest of the Signature at MGM Grand.

Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Our room was beautiful with a nice view of the strip. We were in a penthouse suit. Our neighbours were really noisy, woke us up several times in the night over multiple nights with their music, slamming doors and dropping burning cigarette buts on our balcony. What appealed to us about this hotel was that it was smoke free...so much for that. 25 dollar a day resort fees got us no water, no news paper, poor Internet service and use of their work out room. This was our second trip to the signiture, we were disappointed and won't likely return for a third trip.

• Stayed December 2012
SignatureManagement, Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for coming back to the Signature at MGM and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We apologize and certainly do not condone the activities of the noisy, smoking guests. As you mentioned, we are indeed a non-smoking facility and when it is reported that a guest is smoking we will address this behavior and will charge them accordingly, up to and including evicting from the premises. The resort fee includes fitness center, high speed internet access, free local and (800) calls, in-suite private label coffee and daily newspaper. If it is your preference we would delivery your newspaper to your suite on your next visit. Additional we are sorry that you experienced technical difficulties with the internet and we will look into that also. We do provide complimentary bottles of water at the Front Desk as well as the Porte Cochere. We truly hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you once again at the Signature at MGM Grand.

Concierge Manager
Kingman, Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was booking at MGM because the NRS has it's location there... and I thought it would be a fun spot. I booked through my American Airlines advantage account- and THOUGHT I was going to be in the main hotel area, but was sent to the Signature property. I was upset initially because the woman at the front was in no way helpful explaining that this area was AWESOME... and while yes it was a walk...we would likely be VERY happy with being in this area of the MGM. We had to walk a mile or so through the casino and property to get to the Signature side... but once we got there--- were VERY pleased... we plan on going to the MGM Signature property again when in Vegas!

Thousand Oaks, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Let me preface my review with this - I'm not a fussy traveler. I'm not "that guy" that has a hissy fit when the bed sheets aren't creased properly, or the magazines aren't symmetrically arranged on a coffee table.

But lets be honest. This is Las Vegas. This is a resort hotel "on the strip." There are certain expectations. Whether or not I'm a high roller, I like to be treated like one, I like to act like one - when I'm here.

I'm an MLife Gold Member. This means I've contributed a fair amount of money to MGM as a whole.

We booked a last minute trip to visit Las Vegas, at the end of the year, to get married. It was spur of the moment. I recognized that it was New Years weekend, and prices would likely be astronomical.

Imagine my surprise when I was able to locate a rate of $119.00 through a Kayak affiliate (LateRooms.com.) A less expensive rate than one I could have even booked directly through MLife.

Included in the description was this: "This Junior Vista Balcony suite is 540sq ft and is located on the 16th to 38th floors on the Las Vegas Strip side of the building. Includes a spacious balcony, kitchenette, King bed, sitting area with sofa and a deluxe bathroom with Whirlpool tub."

That's important later.

After a 7 hour drive from Southern California (with our infant daughter in tow.) we arrived. Gated entrance, pulled up - gave our name, was verified, and allowed inside through the big gates. Pulled up to the entrance, valet and bellman waiting. Great start so far.

Here's where the trip started to go awry. Walked into the lobby, not busy - considering it was 8:30pm. Waited a minute for the lady at the desk to figure out we were standing there. Okay, no biggie.

Go to get checked in. Gave her my ID, Visa, and MLife card. 15 minutes into the check-in process (what Vegas check in takes 15 minutes?) she looks incredibly perplexed with whatever the computer is showing her. I asked her if "there is an issue" she assures me there is not. She then calls a supervisor over to fix the non-existent issue.

She then begins to tell me that there was an issue with my card, and she had to "delete it" from the reservation and re-add it. She then tells me she's re-adding it to bill me for the room. Only issue, I already paid for the room.

I quickly produce my smart phone, log into my bank and show me where they have already billed me $161. Which would be the total with tax, resort fee, blah blah.

She then calls *someone* "in the back" and attempts to explain what's going on. She doesn't do a very good job. Add another 10 minutes. We're now crossing into 9:00pm with a pissed off, hungry, pee-filled diaper infant.

I ask if I can send the missus and baby up to the room, I will remain to resolve this issue. She prints out a receipt for me to sign. The rate is $185.00. I show her the booking confirmation email, but she can't/won't change the rate on the receipt.

She gives me a number for "someone else" to call in the morning to resolve the issue. Okay, I don't really have the energy or inclination to deal with this tonight. I'm hungry, missus is hungry, baby needs attention - alright.

So we get up to the room. 36th floor, good so far. Get in (it's 9:15pm now, 45 minutes after we walked in the doors mind you.)

Shock and awe, no strip view (as advertised) no balcony view (also as advertised.) No, I didn't go down and complain. Tired and fussy missus plus tired and fussy baby made it not worth potentially moving to another room.

The bellhop called as soon as we were in the room wondering where we were and what took so long.

Other notes: Bed was hard. There was a used band-aid in the shower. The towels had the consistency of a Brillo pad.

Disclaimer: I am not a fussy traveler. I have very high expectations of Las Vegas Hotels, especially those on The Strip. This experience has NOT been indicative of MGM Resorts in general. Our previous stays at Hotel 32, Vdara, and Luxor all receive above average to excellent marks. However I can assure you that The Signature will NOT be on our list of hotels to return to.

Positives: Nice rooms in comparison to other Strip hotels. Bellhop and Valet were extremely attentive and efficient. Reasonable walking distance to MGM Grand for food, gambling, etc. Kitchenette is nice.

Negatives: Tried to screw us with higher rate than was advertised, we didn't get a balcony with strip view (as we'd booked), staff didn't really seem interested in helping or "making things right" beyond giving me a phone number to call, giving me my room key, and sending me on my way.

Room Tip: If you book a room with a specific feature, make sure that's the room you get. Also, AC in Tower...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We would like to take this opportunity to first thank you for choosing to stay at The Signature at MGM Grand and also for providing your valued feedback. We extend our apologies for the shortcomings you experienced from the third party management directly in control of your suite. We are a condo-hotel with several owners that choose to privately manage and clean their suites outside of The Signature program. I promise you that your comments will be shared with the third party whom you booked, as our goal is to enhance and resolve all service challenges. It really concerns us how you felt about the service; we deeply apologize and would like to discuss this further with you. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss the details of your experience at aaskins@lv.mgmgrand.com. Our goal is to ensure your satisfaction and have you as a return guest of the Signature at MGM Grand.

Concierge Manager
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great stay! Really enjoyed the hotel accommodations and staff! Great value for the price! I'd recommend the signature to anyone wanting to avoid the traffic of Vegas parking and crowds! The hotel was flawless and convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Signature at MGM Grand? Share your experiences!