Message from TripAdvisor:

GreenLeadersGold level
Oklahoma
“Family Wedding and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Signature and loved every minute of it. The only downside is it is quite a walk to the MGM casino and all the restaurants! Other than that, it was peaceful and extremely nice. The staff was very helpful with whatever we needed and they were even able to get most of our group on the same floor (with the exception of one room). One mistake we made was telling our initial driver we were staying at the MGM when we were picked up from the airport. The signature has a completely differenct entrance and check-in so we had to haul our luggage from one end of the complex to the other. They offered to take it for us, but we chose not to pay for that service and just did it ourselves.
Beautiful hotel! Definitely enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I traveled to Las Vegas for an IT conference at the MGM Grand in March 2012. While the conference had setup special rates for attendees at the MGM, I opted to stay at the Signature due to a much lower price and assumed higher luxury - I was not disappointed.

Check-In
Checking is was smooth sailing. My wife and I had just driven up for Palm Springs, so after a 3+ hour trip, we were hoping for a easy check-in. Parking is valet, and is included in your stay at the Signature, so we were greeted by friendly parking attendants who unloaded our luggage for us before I was out of the car. The lady at the front desk was very polite and pleasant, and we were on our way to the room within 5 minutes of pulling in.

Room
The room was absolutely huge! I paid almost half of what the MGM was charging for a deluxe room, but had a suite the size of a small house. Everything was immaculate. There was a small kitchenette (which I did not use), separate wet bar area, jacuzzi tub, enormous shower and enclosed toilet. The room was made up once a day, and sometimes twice.

Location
There is a set of moving sidewalks that connect the Signature to the MGM Grand, and for a fast walker like myself, it would take approximately 15 minutes to walk from Tower 3 of the Signature to the buffet at the MGM (nearly a diagonal city block). The Signature is not a gaming hotel, so if you want to be right in the action, this may seem quiet to you. Given that I was largely in Vegas for work on this trip, I did not mind the quietness or the extra walk.

Amenities
Again, this is a non-gaming hotel, so many of the restaurants/bars/tables/etc that you expect in a typical Vegas hotel do not exist here. The Signature is much more subdued, with a couple of restaurants and a convenience store. For all of my meals and entertainment, I walked to the connected MGM Grand. The Signature does have a pool, but given that I was there in late-March and in a conference during the day, I did not have the time to use it.

Summary
If you want to feel like you're living like a king on a peasant budget and don't mind being a short walk away from all of the action, stay at the Signature.

Room Tip: I don't know if its possible, but if you can reserve a room in Tower 1, that would be your best...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

the only downfall is the walk to the strip. other than that we loved it all. we enjoyed having a kitchen for coffee and breakfast as none of our family likes to eat every meal in restaurants..we had a rental car and also enjoyed the valet parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is my 3rd review of this hotel, I have stayed there at least 5 times, maybe more. When it opened it was fabulous. Rooms are still in good nick, but some services have been downgraded. A $25 DAILY resort fee (formerly $15 per day) will likely ensure that I do not stay at the Signature again. GONE are the massive selection of cable TV channels, no Bravo or other channels which non-US citizens love to splurge on. So if you are tired and decide to stay in, I hope you like A&E marathons of Storage Wars and Parking Wars! (Hey, I love TV, what can I say). GONE is the daily 2 bottles of water left in your fridge. How cheap can you be Signature? They must cost about .30c each!! GONE is the extensive room service menu, down from about 15 pages two years ago, to one page, back and front. Still a decent selection, but boy, has it reduced. Bed is great, pillows are terrible, very flat. The pros are: housekeeping is very good, always has been. Bathrooms are big and fabulous. Security is good, you will be safe here. I had use of the laundry as my stay was over 7 days, but on my last night, access was cut off without my being notified. The Signature is quite a walk through MGM, and that is starting to be off putting to me. Without all the changes which are all negative, I would highly recommend this place. But now I will be supporting the 'no resort fees' hotels, like Caesars, Paris etc. This fee is a scam. If Vegas hotels want to charge more then do that, don't scam our accounts with a 'resort fee', which is just a euphemism for 'pay more money for no return'. I did not use the pools or gym, so it stung me even more. All staff that I encountered were professional and helpful. But farewell Signature, I am moving on......

Room Tip: It's a long walk from the Strip - request Tower A when booking.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Nice to be away from the hussle and bussle but still easily accessible on foot to the strip.

Stayed in a standard suite which exceeded expectations. Large kitchen and living room with TV, large bedroom with TV that appears out of the desk, huge bathroom with large shower, jacuzzi bath and toilet (TV in bathroom!), additional shower and toilet from living room. Lost a star due to price and a few fixtures and fittings needing some TLC.Nice balcony but could benefit from some furniture.

Great selection of pools (one per tower). Shop on site is limited. Starbucks and a cafe also located in the hotel.

Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Request a room as high as possible with a strip view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights, and it was a great choice.

We were located in Tower 2, the walk to the MGM is only about 5 minutes (those who say it's 15-20 min are either snails, or don't know how to use moving walkways). A walk to the actual strip is about 10 minutes.

Our room was very spacious with large TV and balcony, huge bathroom with spa, and even a TV in there as well.

We were also given late checkout without even asking.

Our room was facing the city, and was reasonably high up so the view was pretty good, but not as good as what you would get on hotels closer to the strip.

The pools were great, with quick service, and prices that you would expect.

Overall, I would be more than happy to stay at this hotel again, and will definitely look it up again next time I'm in Vegas.

Room Tip: Towers 1 and 2 are closer to MGM Grand, but high up on the city side in any tower would be fine
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tiburon, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We booked our stay at the MGM Signature Suites through Luxury Suites International (LSI) courtesy of an Amazon.com offer. First to note, owns a number of units in the Signature Hotel and the biggest drawback is comes from dealing with their management company.
The hotel is relatively new, it was as clean as I would have expected from any 4 or 5 star service. The problem is that the hotel staff are not part of LSI and there are many things they can not offer you. If for example you request an extra pillow as we did, or were missing a bathrobe as we were you can't call the hotel staff but rather an outside number to get their own housekeeping department to bring it to you. This hotel normally provides complimentary razors and when I asked for one, the front desk told that they would send one up but called back immediately and said that because I booked through LSI they could not give me one and I would have to go to the next tower and use the gift shop.
Our offer included breakfast, a paper and VIP admission to a night club. The front desk didn't know what we were talking about and there was no welcome packet. We called LSI and they told us to head to a restaurant and charge it to the room. As for the paper it didn't come and only after I called them asking for it they told me to go to the lobby and ask for one.
Finally our phone call to LSI after 5pm asking for the VIP admission was never returned.
When we arrived we disagreed with the view, we paid for strip balcony and while we stood on the balcony and leaned left we did see the Monte Carlo however from the room we had a head on view of the adjacent hotel.
LSI is not open 24 hours a day so the Service you would expect from this property is not equivalent to any quest booking with them directly.
From the moment you arrive at Luxury Suites international you realize that what you paid for makes you less valuable as a guest than going directly through the hotel. The first words we heard when we arrived at noon was "you booked through Luxury Suites International and they have a strict 3 pm check in policy."
The customer service reps, whom we called regularly; Natasha and Nicole were cold and very matter of fact, they were anything but welcoming. I honestly would not book with them again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Signature at MGM Grand? Share your experiences!