“Cheap and poorly maintained” 2 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Las Vegas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5125 Swenson Street, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Paradise)   |
Ranked #212 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Chester
“Cheap and poorly maintained”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

Whilst the hotel was located close to the airport and is very cheap it was also somewhat shabby with some poor fixtures and fittings including noisy and uneffective air-conditioning.

The bedroom was however spacious and the bed comfy, and we were given a free ride to the airport.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

My husband, sister-in-law and I reserved a room together but had to drive around the hugecuty block several times before we were able to locate the entrance. They have two lobbies but only use the one in the back that is difficult to locate/find, there are no signs indicating that there is a second loby either.
When we got to our room that we had reserved in advance we discovered two small towels were ready for us three adults. They never did bring us a third towel during the entire 3 day stay. My sister-in-law lost $700 from her purse while there as well.
We will definately never return for the price was the same as the fancy places in the area we discovered!!! Complete rip off!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed there during the week of a convention. We had stayed there last year and it was okay. I now know this is because last year when we stayed there they had just bought the property from Howard Johnsons and hadn't turned it to crap yet. This time around though it was horrifying. On other occasions we have slummed it to save money but had I known the hotel had deteriorated this much in a year I would not have had a problem paying for a strip hotel or a courtyard marriott. I was two steps from sleeping in my car. I know you're thinking why did we stay - well convention week, all hotels booked, cheapest rooms were about 400 a night - I did not have $2000 handy. We stayed out as much as possible and everyday when we came back I swore we would not find our luggage in the room. It was evident the cleaning service was helping themselves to my cream and perfume. I would leave them face down in my toiletry bag and when I came back at night find them face up with the caps open. The place was deserted and when we requested to stay in a suite (which we had last year and it was nice) they said they were booked to capacity and that the suite would cost $300! Freakin liars and thieves! The hotel had NO ONE staying there - pretty obvious by the lack of um people? and um 3 cars including ours in the parking lot. When we drove to the room we passed by rooms that were obviously getting treated for pestilence. Thank goodness I brought flip flops - I never took them off in the room and showered with them. The towels were filthy with all kinds of colorful spots on them. At night every time I would hear a car sound I thought ours was getting stolen. There were no tissues in the room and the TVs seemed as though they had been bought in a garage sale and looked exactly like I had in my bedroom when I was 8 - really small and with horrible picture. We wrapped the remote with toilet paper to avoid touching it. Our first night there also a huge chunk of the AC just fell off. Some of these things are trivial yes , but I am just trying to paint the overall picture to you.

And last but definitely not least! They tried to charge me a different rate. I noticed when I went to check in and demanded they change it. They said they had already put a hold on my credit card but not to worry when I checked out they would charge me the right price. When I checked out they tried to charge me for the amount they had held and they said oh sorry we accidentally deleted your reservation and can't see what price you booked - well not to worry I said because I have a printed confirmation of my booking. I told them if they tried to argue it I would call the bank and tell them it's a fraudulent charge - that's when they stopped arguing.

PLEASE DON'T EVEN GO NEAR THERE!!! THEY MUST BE VIOLATING SOOOO MANY HEALTH CODES AND NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN!!

• Liked — NOTHING!!
  • Disliked — DIRTY!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

I had high hopes for this hotel just by looking at the outside, but what do people say dont judge a book by its cover. When i arrived i went to the front office and told them i would like to check in and they looked at me like i wasnt even at a hotel anyway after i got my key we searched for atleast 30 minutes looking for a parking spot that was close enough to my room so i could atleast keep an eye on it because there was absolutly no lighting. We got in our room and i jumped on the bed and thought i had just busted my teeth out it was so hard. But we decided to stay cause we were already there and we needed the money to do everything else we wanted to do that weekend. That night when we climbed into bed my friend kept complaining that his bed smelt like throw up so i told him go tell the front desk to get you new sheets so he did suprise surprise suprise they never showed up to change the sheets. The next night we decided to sit down and watch some t.v. but when we looked at the t.v. we had no idea how to work it it looked like it was from the 1970's and had the numbers along the dial if that makes sense we couldnt find the remote anywhere so just eventually gave up. It also says that there is wireless internet that your lap tops can connect into after you pay a small fee. I couldnt figure it out so went to the front desk to get some direction and they no kidding told me they didnt know what i was talking about. The next morning we decided to go swimming BAD IDEA. so many bugs and twigs and leaves and stains i almost through up NO LIE i would rather swim in my toilet at home. At to top it off there continental breakfast the ethiopians wouldnt even eat you think i am blowing this out of porportion maybe you shouldnt listen to all these reviews and find out for yourself would sleep in my car before ever sleeping here again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbia, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

I stayed in Jan 2008 as an attendee of the The Home Entertainment Show (an "offshoot" of CES). I have never been to this hotel and, although I can afford better, I really wanted a bargain since I planned to be out and about during most of my stay. I booked this hotel through it's internet website and was clearly foolded by the photos which cast an artificially pleasent light on the hotel which was rundown. As an adult male traveling alone and using the room only as a place to sleep and shower, I found the accomodations just barely OK. I have stayed in many differnt kinds of hotels, from 5 star luxury resorts to Super 8 and Motel 6. They all have their plusses and minuses.

The pro's: it is dirt cheap and close to the airport. The doors lock. The heater worked (even too well) as did the TV. The hot water was hot, the toilet flushed and towels/soap were available. You can buy beer in the bar attached to the lobby and drag it to the room to help alleviate all the con's you are constantly aware of below.

The con's: Sometimes, you get what you pay for. It was difficult to find since it has two entrances fromon two main one way streets. The lobby was rundown and dirty (but adequate). The desk clerks were sufficient to check you in and check you out but did seem disinterested. There is a self pay via vending machine breakfast which I never utilized. Walking into the room, I immediately felt like I was in a cheap room. My room was a bit dingy and a bit gross (reasonably clean comensurate with the price of the room). There were some light stains in the bathroom porcelin. No internet but a small cubby to work on a PC, etc. I always travel with a tiny febreeze to help with the smells which were tolerable in my room. The bedspread felt gross(good thing I didn't have a black light). There were people hanging around at all hours...some of them appeared pretty shady (although I am well aware one cannot judge a book by it's cover...there were some pretty "rattily covered books" around this place). I would be uncomfortable leaving my wife there alone and I would never consider bringing my children here unless I was desperate for a place to sleep for one night and had no alternatives. I always left my curtains closed to eliminate the possibility of some looking into my room and seeing my camera, laptop, etc. The closest ice maker was broken and the next closest one was quite a ways away...and there were a few nights when I met some creepy glares and stares while I was getting ice. Outside noise was easily heard...fortunately, I am a heavy sleeper but I am sure the rooms have the potential to be intolerably noisey depending largely on who else is staying at the hotel. Truth be told, the last time I stayed at a Motel 6, the noise of screeming, running children was much worse than the noise I experienced here. I stepped out of my room early one morning to find beer bottles strewn all around and on my extereior windowsill. I stayed in an upper level room on the side of the hotel far opposite from the side where the front desk is located. At night, walking to the lobby felt like walking through seedier parts of Hollywood...and it was a bit of a walk since the hotel is so elongated and there was no straight shot to the lobby....you would have to walk through the potholed parking lot (which was desperately in need of resurfacing), then inside around dark corridors and then along the outside perimeter past everyone loitering and...well, you get the picture. The upper level sidewalks leading to the rooms were cracked, uneven and clearly rundown.

If you are a single adult male (or a group of adults), not planning on a long stay, don't want to spend money and plan to spend your nights and days wondering all over the Strip (or wherever) and aren't bothered by a few shady characters, the hotel will suffice. If you want a place off the strip and near the airport, this will work too. If you want to feel comfortable and relaxed, there will be better offerings elsewhere, especially if you want to bring your family.

• Liked — cost
  • Disliked — the seedy, grundgy feel of the entire facility
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toluca Lake, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

I booked a room for one night on the Fourth of July through travelworm.com. Once I arrived, I pretty much instantly decided there was no way in heck that I was going to stay there, in the interest of my personal safety. The unlit parking lot with many many disreputable-looking people watching my every move would have been enough to convince me. If not, the police activity would have done so. Stay away from this place.

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — this was the MOST unsafe-looking place I have EVER seen
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
hamilton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

I should have listen to the other reviews that I read. I didn't and soon found out myself what they were talking about. We arrived into vegas late and were tired from the travelling and the time difference. Got our car and then found the hotel and were happy that it was close. That was until I went into the lobby. I could tell right away that they place was old and tired, and needs a face lift. The staff at the counter were not pleasant and gave the impression that they didn't really want to help or even be there. I kept telling myself that it was only for one night. But really that should not have mattered. So got our key and were told where to find the room. After driving around the building four times and fighting with my hubby we both finally realized that the room was not going to be on the exterior of the units but was down a lane way and we had to park and walk to our door. OK...so everyone has to walk to the door, but we expected to find the room facing the parking lot. At least that was the impression that I was given. Once in the room the it was even more tired. It was clean but old and smelly. The walls were paper thin, and you could hear every foot step from above you. The remote for the tv was missing and I was concerned that they would think that I took that I made a point of going back to tell the office that it wasn't there. Needless to say I didn't really have a good nights rest. I have stayed in many places in Las Vegas and this was the worst place that I have ever stayed in. I will never stay here again, and strongly recommend that no one else stay there. I don't usually write reviews but I couldn't let this pass without warning others that might think that it s a good place to stay. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Liked — the fact that it was close to the airport
  • Disliked — staff, and not kept up
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Knights Inn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!