“Must be a party hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #157 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Must be a party hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

If you like to party for cheap, this is the right hotel for you. I only stayed here 1 night because, it was cheap and, close to the airport and, I was flying out realy early the next morning. The room was clean and, bed was comfortable, I could only get the kurig coffee pot to work once and then it never worked again, the balcony door wouldn't lock, I wasn't too concerned with it being that in order to access someone else's tiny juliet balcony they would need to scale the walls to do it, the underneath of the sink in the bathroom had a slow leak and, it wasn't just condensation, the air conditioning worked very well but, I could smell pot being smoked from my balcony and, when I got off of one the floors of the hotel I could smell an overwhelming amount of pot being smoked. It was undeniable. The previous guests had left a platic cup filled with water and nasty cigarette butts out on the balcony which I accidently kicked when I went onto the balcony and fell down 6 floors to the ground below. Good thing no one was down there. If you sign up for the slot club you get $5 off in one of the restaurants which was convenient. The food was decent at the Hooters restaurant. I think this hotel must just cater to the younger party crowd. Which I am not into that sort of thing but, it served it's purpose for what I needed it for and the price was right.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for your review. I've shared your comments with my staff so that we can better address potential issues in our rooms. We do encourage our guests to contact our hotel staff and/or security with any issues that they may come across. We will do everything possible to address the situation and make your stay more pleasant. It's our hope that you'll come and stay with us again the next time you are in Las Vegas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We have just returned from this Casino, having stayed for a week. 10.04.2014. It was a poor second to the other Casino's we have stayed at.
It was very dirty and old, the reception staff could of been friendlier. The room was very basic, but the sheets and towels were clean and the bed was really comfy. Our room was very quiet.
The gym had a good selection of equipment (only one running machine was working), but the a/c never worked, so was very hot and stuffy, also very dirty.
The pool area is small but there are plenty of sunbeds and the bar is good, the music is deafening.
We ate at Hooters restaurant a couple of times, it was well priced and the service/food was good.
The casino floor area is tiny in comparison to all the other big casino's, but having said this, they provide a good selection of gaming machines, and quite a few of the latest ones. But unlike the other big casino's, we always got plenty of complimentary drinks and the cocktail waitresses were very friendly.
It is just of the strip but was only a few minuets walk to the MGM and the Duece stop about 5 minuets, we always felt safe walking back to Hooters on a night time.
Not sure I would stay again as it was grubby and is in desperate need of some up-dating, but having said this, it does have it's own charm and was friendly and welcoming and not as crazy as the other big casino's, which at the end of the day are there for you to visit when ever.

Room Tip: If you want some peace and quiet ask for a room not facing the pool
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am happy to see that overall, you had a good stay with us. We are planning a major renovation to the hotel property later in the year and we would love to have you come back and see all of the changes that we have done.
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Do not stay at Hooters Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. Here is a list of issues we had with our stay on April 4/5 2014.
- Mould on carpet where it looked like the shower leaked through the wall
- Beds were brutal, mattresses were so old they were shaped like potato chips. They were also quite dirty
- Coffee maker never worked (complained twice, no resolve)
- Bathroom sink didn't drain
- Carpet was stained and dirty throughout
- TV worked intermittently

Complained to management and they said that wing of the hotel was going to be renovated, but the other wing was full and couldn't move us. All they gave us was a $25 certificate to the bar, which they forgot to take of our room bill. BRUTAL!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you stay in the new wing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues that you had while staying with us. We clearly did not provide you with great customer service. We are planning renovations to the hotel and hope that you will come back to see what we've done.
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed at the hooters hotel and casino back in Oct of last year. Forgive me as I just became a member of tripadvisor.

Pros: Liked that the hotel was smaller than most. Made is easier to navigate around. The pools/Jacuzzi was terrific 24 hrs. We got up one morning at 330am and got right in the hot tub!!

Cons: The room was definitely worn down but since we weren't in the room much it wasn't a deal breaker. The service at the hooters restaurant was terrible!!! And the wings we orders tasted like they had been sitting under heat lamps for HOURS!! The front desk was not able to print out my boarding passes for my return trip home. They said they had computer glitches. We went to the hotel next door and the concierge helped us out no problem. The elevators handles were loose and falling apart.

One day I called the front desk and asked about where I could change my clothes by the pool area for swimming. They told me there was nowhere to change. When I went down to go swimming I found a bathroom/lockeroom for just such a purpose. So the front desk girl didn't have a clue what she was talking about..

Overall I would never stay here again. Next time I will not go dirt cheap..I will pay more and stay at the Mirage or something

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry that your visit with us was unsatisfactory. I appreciate your comments and will pass them on to the appropriate departments. It’s our hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to Las Vegas. We have great things planned for the property and hope you’ll come and check them out.
Herndon, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

In my 28 years of travel this hotel ranks in the top 5 of all time worse. There is a smell of old carpet, the people working there look like they hate their job. Elevators look like they have been thrown up in. When I brought this to someone's attention they didn't even seemed to care. Lamps did not have knobs, they didn't clean bathroom as part of room cleaning. Overall just plain gross. Motel 6 is much nicer. Never again and I will make sure our corporate travel agent does not recommend this hotel to any of our other 8,000 employees.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your recent visit with us was unsatisfactory. I will be sharing your comments with my Housekeeping Department. Thank you again for your comments.
Davenport, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My aunt booked rooms at Hooters for a trip to Las Vegas. The hotel is a bit run-down and the room furnishings pretty out of date. Our room had wet spots on the floor and a very large vomit stain on the floor right next to the bed.. We got the rooms pretty cheap, however when we went back a couple months later I was able to get a really nice room on the strip for free. My advice would be to shop around...

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the issues you had with your room. We encourage our guests to contact our front desk with any issues they may have. We will work to fix these issues or we will move you to another room if requested. We will be going through renovations in the near future and hope that you will come back and stay with us again.
NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Rooms are OK, better condition than the Paris. Hallways smell from smoking rooms. Other party in group got a smoking room when a n/s was requested twice, got a room change the following day. Pitcher prices for the pool a great deal.

• Stayed April 2014
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that overall you had a nice stay with us. I apologize that one of your group did not get their room preference when they first checked in. Unfortunately, room preferences are not guaranteed and we do our best to accommodate your choice. I am glad that we were able to move them to another room as soon as we could. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Been to Hooters Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!