“Be prepared lots of families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

You added Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11011 West Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89135 (Summerlin)   |
Ranked #41 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gold Coast
“Be prepared lots of families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We decided to move off the strip for the weekend and we had an enjoyable stay. We had room 18128 overlooking the pools. The rooms are a good size a good bed not great but ok. There are a lot of families here and on our first day at the pool we realised that the pools are not warmed at all so very refreshing. There were lots of kids in the pools. This was fixed the following day ( Saturday ) as the adults only pool opened at 11.00 to 5.00. This was a great day as the cost of the cabana or daybeds includes the same amount of food and drink in the price a great day.
Good choice of restaurants in the resort should cater to all tastes , lots for people to do.
In summary a good diversion from the strip and good value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (834)
Sparks, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The hotel is a relatively new facility. The lobby and rooms are exceptionally spacious and comfortable. The hotel has the potential to attain four or five diamond status however lacks certain amenities common in a first class hotel. These include no coffee maker in the room, no pen and paper pad to make notes, and no small refrigerator in the room. We stayed on the 10th floor and when we went looking for ice discovered the room that was meant to contain the ice machine was vacant. Also, there weren't any vending machines normally found on a hotel floor. Personally, I would rate this hotel between and three and four. As far as the casino is concerned, I found the slots definitely tight.
Would I return? With the plethora of nice hotels off the Las Vegas strip, the answer is not likely.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is a gorgeous property. The chandeliers in the reception area bar are stunning. TIP: Use "Guest Only" line for Feast Buffet.

Our stay at Red Rock was for sports. Specifically, we chaperoned sixteen year old boys playing soccer. 17 of them. This casino is a little plush for a sports team. My husband and I had the guys change in our hotel room before the first practice because their rooms weren't ready. Thankfully, they behaved well and didn't trash the room.

I decided to login to my pad and check game times for any changes. Oops - WiFi comes with a hefty charge. I used my phone as a hotspot to avoid the fee. I went to the concierge to ask about local restaurants for large groups. The concierge wasn't very familiar with the type of places we were looking for but gave me a map. I was able to call BJs Restaurant (great for large groups) and get a reservation, even though March Madness was in full fury.

The boys practiced and came back for some rest time before dinner. Some of them headed out to the gorgeous pool area. Hmm... probably some chaperoning is a good idea. So my husband and I got a snack in the food court and headed to the pool. Another Oops - no food from the food court is allowed at the pool. Only food purchased at the pool is allowed at the pool. Our containers were to-go and non-breakable. Still not allowed. Pool food concessions and food court concessions are different operations. Security offered to throw our food away for us. No thanks. We gobbled it down and headed out to check on the guys.

Good thing we decided to circle the pool. A couple of our likely suspects were about to get digits from some Washington young ladies. Time to refocus the boys on the tournament!

Because of budget and time, we try to serve inexpensive healthy breakfasts before early games, frequently bringing in bagels, cream cheese and fruit from a grocery store. Red Rock was the first accommodation we've taken the boys where there was no good place to serve the food. We set up near the Starbucks in the rotunda area and felt a little out of place handing the guys their food with no tables or seats.

On a day when we had a very early game. we came back to Red Rock for the Feast Buffet. Voted #1 in Las Vegas, it is unbelievable. There is every type of cuisine you can imagine including fresh sushi. There is a Saturday night prime rib and shrimp night at the Feast. The line gets incredibly long. Sixteen year old guys LOVE buffets and get their money's worth!
HUGE TIP: If you stay at Red Rock, there is a separate shorter line/cash register for guests. Wish I had known sooner!

We also did an informal dinner in the food court making sure each guy had some cash to get food. They enjoyed going from restaurant to restaurant making their choices.

My impression of Red Rock Casino is that it would be good for couples and families. It isn't my first choice for sports teams. We made it work. The food policy between the different concessions isn't very hospitable. I can't rate the casino because I know very little about casinos.

For Sports teams

GOOD: bowling alley, pool with other young people, food court, BJs Pizza nearby, Feast Buffet

BAD: no area with tables/chairs for coach talks & breakfast, pool with other young people, alcohol and expensive snacks in mini-bars

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

As regular visitors to Las Vegas (over 50 trips), my wife and I have some level of expectations from the casinos that comp us. We are not demanding or spoiled. Mostly a clean, quiet room is all that we require from a hotel. The second is that as comped players, we are treated with basic courtesy and respect.

This week at the Red Rock we experienced the stay from hell. There is a youth hip-hop convention that has taken over the property. To be clear….these are KIDS! And from several countries. Hundreds, if not more.

My wife was unable to rest during the day as the kids were playing and hanging out in the hallway. Since they are not allowed in the casino, I guess this was to be expected. When I asked to be moved to a floor without the hip-hop kids, I was told they were on EVERY floor. Several calls to security and we were told they could do nothing. Staff said the good news is the conference would not be back next year. Nice to know kids are more valuable/important than actual players by Station Casinos.

Worse than the noise in the halls were the kids taking over the elevators. After 30 minutes waiting, I found a security guard who was kind enough to let us use the VIP elevator. Otherwise, we might still be waiting.

We were comped three nights but checked out after one day of this mess. I recommend you stay at the JW Marriott on Rampart. No matter what the cost it would be worth getting sleep and not be annoyed like at the Red Rock. And, I doubt the Marriott staff would say there is nothing they can do about a situation like this.

I even called Station reservations and was told they could not comp us at another property but we could pay for a room elsewhere. They were well aware of the hip-hop event and apparently I was not the first to call.

I hope whatever money they made off filling the rooms with KIDS is worth it in the long hall. For two, we plan to play, and stay elsewhere. I have to believe they alienated other regular/gamblers, too.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I really do. It's one of those resorts where you feel like you're not in the stick of the craziness of Las Vegas. There is also a mall being built nearby, so you can shop your heart away.

Rooms - fantastic! No really. They are modern and comfortable. You can't go wrong with any of the views because there are no high rise building nearby to stare at. Granted, you have to have a higher floor, but I've never been on a lower floor to comment on those.

Dining - buffet is spotty. Sometimes good, sometimes not. Lucille's BBQ is always fun and fantastic. The food court has a wide array of eateries including Capriottis and starbucks so you can't really go wrong. Don't bother with their Cafe. Service is poor, and the food quality is not existent. Better off at the Buffet.

Theatre - always so enjoyable.

Bowling - super fun!

Service - inconsistent but last stay was good.

Housekeeping - give these ladies the recognition they deserve. They do a fantastic job.

Location - I enjoy it. But if you want to be in the heart of the Strip, this isn't it

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is my first time in Las Vegas not staying on the Strip and I really enjoyed the hotel. The hotel is beautifully appointed and the rooms are top notch. Some of the positives that I found about the hotel are: 1st rate customer service, nice variety of restaurants, having gaming tables that had lower limits, lots of entertainment onsite like movie theater, bars, bowling alley, ect. Only real negative was not being on the strip, but it was definitely still lively in the hotel. Spoke to lots of Vegas locals that were actually a lot of fun and gave a different vibe to the whole Vegas experience. I would definitely recommend staying at the Red Rock if you either want a change of pace on your next Vegas trip or you can get a good room rate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. Small corridor to get to each room keeps noise level to a minimum. Beautiful views. Large room and bathroom, and the bed was more comfortable than the one I have at home. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great pool, nice restaurants, bowling and a movie theatre. Free shuttle to the strip and to the airport. Only down side is that they run a couple hours apart and can get very full.
Had one little snafu. Upon check in computers were down and they took my info and said they would call when room was ready. Two hours later no call. They apologized and got me to my room. Would stay here again for sure, but might think about renting a car.

Room Tip: I had a view of the strip which was spectacular at night. Friend had pool view which was beautiful...