“Nice resort away from strip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

You added Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11011 West Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89135 (Summerlin)   |
Ranked #38 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice resort away from strip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel is 45 minutes north of the strip, which was perfect for us.
We stayed in Vegas on New Year's Eve as it was close proximity to Hoover Dam.
This hotel is close to red rock canyon and access to the outdoor parts of Vegas.
I will not travel to Vegas again, but the hotel is perfect for being located off the strip.
The rooms were large, new and had amazing view of the strip.
We watched the fireworks from our room on New Year's Eve.
Try to get a room near to elevator as the main hall is very long and can be quite a distance from the main entrance.
There is a Starbucks on the main casino floor.
The rooms were quiet and separated from the Red Rock casino.
There was plenty of parking which was very close to the main lobby.

Room Tip: Free parking Free wifi Big hotel Get room close to elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (808)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at the wonderful Red Rock Hotel Casino Resort & Spa Dec. 17th through Dec. 21st. The room was what I remember from the last time I was at this Hotel, except not as clean. I found hair in the shower on the side of the wall. No big deal. I guess over time, with the age of the hotel, things start to get missed along with a hotel staff that has become complacent.

What do I mean? Well, my father played at the Station Casinos for the 19 years he lived in Las Vegas with my mother. They moved after I graduated High School to Vegas. He had a players card and used it for 15 years before he redeemed any points. He earned up to 2 million points. He played video poker. It seems the machine games repay you in points that can be redeemed for food purchase, movie tickets, discounts on Hotel stays, purchase gifts at the gift shop, ect. Machine games gives you 6 points per dollar played. Playing table games apparently does not give you ANYTHING!

The day I checked out of this hotel, I went to one of the pit bosses, and asked if I would get a discount on at least a meal at the Grande Cafe, which is a very nice place to eat by the way! He told me, I earned about $32 from the four nights where I gambled for 6 to 10 hours each night, on a $5/or $10 min bet table where overall I lost about $250 dollars. (It seems the way to win now is to bet on the side bet for Blackjack, put a dollar or two ever three hands when the table is full, and every 5 when only have a couple people sitting down)
I tipped the dealers, and the staff bringing drinks, probably about the same amount as I lost..........you know more than any of the LOCAL people who go to this casino to gamble and lose their paycheck............this is what I now understand a family oriented resort. Well, isn't Las Vegas now more family oriented. HA HA, you can find a prositiute on most corners, even though it is illegal in the city of Las Vegas or Clark County. Go about an hour away to Pahrump and you can find Chicken Ranch and Sherris Brothel. What? This is what the two women at Ritzy Rags told my wife and I when we went here and found some nice items. What is Ritzy Rags?
(Another place to find discounts would be Ritzy Rags located on Rainbow between Sahara and Dessert Inn. 2550 S Rainbow Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89146
They have new luxery items that people purchased and decided they don't want, so you get these at a discounted price then anywhere else. It is only womens items though from clothes to shoes, purses, ect.)

The pit boss informed that I discuss this discount with front desk upon checkout, they would redeem any discounts towards the bill from staying at this lovely resort for four nights.

I was able to used the promotion my father received as he booked the room and was able to get a reduced rate, however received NOTHING or any type of discount. I even informed the women upon check out about how my father had 2 million points in the past, had played an average at Station Casino's $17,500 per year for 19 years. Station Casinos did did a purge and got rid of the points people earned. Good thing we redeemed most of them before my parents moved back to Texas.

I asked what the $%^& this players card is good for then? I threw it towards the women at the checkout desk, and told them I would explain on TripAdvisor about the hostileness of the staff and how the ambience has been removed from this former Excellent Resort.

My Experience in Las Vegas has changed mainly due to the people Red Rock has employed.....the Spa was wonderful though, and not all staff are bad however the ones who pissed ya off remain in the memorybanks.........I had thought the Red Rock was a great place to go, well, it was about 4 to 6 years ago. Now I think stay at Planet Hollywood or somewhere on the main Strip of Las Vegas Blvd., everything is there. Planet Hollywood has this miracle mile, where the women can go shoppin till they drop and the men can stop at Sin City Brewery and have a wonderful cold beer!

Same thing at the Venitian! Also has a Sin City Brewery............

Red Rock Resort is still good, but has lost it's ambience mainly due to their staff sucks! All except for Wally, he is the best dealer on the planet! I told Eli, if I saw him in the parking lot, I would destroy him! He was not very pleasant.........

Until my next review.............. we are going to
Catalonia Riviera Maya
Avenida Xcacel Lote 1 Plano 2 Mz. 18 | Solidaridad, Puerto Aventuras 77782, Mexico
for a family members wedding in June of 2014.

Basically take it easy and have a great one!

poweberg

Room Tip: If you want to leave the hustle of Las Vegas Blvd. stay here, if you want to see Vegas stay on the S...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel was absolutely beautiful and welcoming. We brought our six year old boy who happens to love bowling and arcades. He cheered when he got to play out at Kids Quest while my husband and I saw a movie one afternoon, and ate a delicious Asian Fusion dinner at Hachi another evening. It is near to Red Rock Canyon, Hoover, Dam, and the Strip which we visited during our stay. The rooms were cozy and we had such a great view of the Strip! We even watched the New Year's Eve fireworks from our room!

The only negative is the smoke. There is way too much of it for the ventilation system to handle. The Arcade, Kids Quest, Bowling, Food Court, and Cinema are all adjacent to the smoking area of the casino, while the very tiny non-smoking section is on the opposite end. Since they allow smoking, it would make more sense for the non-smoking area to be next to the kid-centered areas so the families wouldn't be assaulted so much by the toxins. Sorry to be so blunt, but it really got annoying, having to hold my breath for so long. The ventilation system was so poor, the smoke clung to my hair and clothes, my eyes stung. Not good.

Otherwise, a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room on an upper floor facing the Las Vegas Strip.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had booked a room with a king size bed for a training I was attending. At arrival the hotel offered me a suite at a price that was slightly higher. I took it and my wife and I lived in luxury for 3 nights. Because of the upgrade I was given free Wifi. The living room had a refrigerator to use in addition to the one that is stocked with high price items. I was told that in the regular room if by accident you move items in the hospitality refrigerator you get charged. The suite had a jacuzzi which we used every night. Costco is across the street therefore we bought our things rather that buying the high priced items in the hotel. They have a shuttle that picks you up from the airport and another one that takes you to the Strip. The suite was comfortable and quiet. If you like hiking Red Rock State park is about 10 minutes away by car.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I were here in mid-November for his conference. The first room we had smelled terrible, like fish, and we did wait a little while to change rooms. The second room was fine, clean and spacious. The bathroom is very spacious and nice, but the shower seems so small for such a nice bathroom. The pool area is beautiful, with comfortable lounge chairs with soft cushions all over. The hotel and casino area were pretty quiet, but this is away from strip. I believe a lot of locals go the casino, movie theater and bowling alley here. We enjoyed our stay here and thought we got a lot for our money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Easy access off the 215, drivers skirt the often congested 15 corridor near the Strip, and arrive at a beautiful property near the Sumerlin community.

We've made Red Rock our "home" when visiting my aging parents - classy lobby, great service and lots of terrific choices for meals, snacks and entertainment. We've enjoyed several family trips at the Ted Rock (including our young grandkids) and everyone enjoyed the resort. The young ones delighted in the massive, fun pool area, the bowling alley, movie theater and even the smallish arcade. The Sports Book, bars and gambling opportunities kept the older ones happy. There's a comfortable gym and spa available and the surrounding area has close-by stores, banks, restaurants.

The food court offers simple take-away choices, including a personal favorite, Rubios Fish Tacos. Of the several restaurants on site we love The Yard House (lunch special is a great buy and the tomato bisque soup is terrific) and LB hamburgers.

For us, the Red Rock feels family friendly - it certainly caters to locals but we feel warmly welcomed each time we stay.
Rooms are very large, nicely appointed and the soaking tub is amazing (TV as you soak!)
If you're looking for Vegas fun without the excitement/craziness of the Strip, try the Red Rock.

• Stayed January 2014
Redstone, Co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I decided to stay here for a 3-day getaway from our mountain home in CO to celebrate our 46th anniversary. We stayed just before Thanksgiving and obviously there were fewer visitors this time of year as the room prices were heavily discounted. The room was very nice with the only problem being that we could never get wifi to work - but 3 days away from being connected to the outside world was not a difficulty for us older folks. We ate in two of the nicer restaurants for dinner and also had breakfast twice. The breakfast cafe, Grand Cafe, had only medium quality food and the service was generally below average. Dinner at Terra Rosa was good but a bit overpriced given the quality of food and service. We really liked the quality of food and service at Lucille's BBQ - and prices were very reasonable. We found the casino areas to be much quieter and less smoky than the downtown LV casinos. Overall, we had a great time while staying here and would recommend it for others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!