“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

You added Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11011 West Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89135 (Summerlin)   |
Ranked #41 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Midland, Texas
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you are looking for somewhere really nice with all of the amenities of Vegas, but a little lower key than the strip, this place is perfect! It is a beautiful resort with great hospitality and beautiful rooms. There are tons of dining options, an awesome pool, great clubs and bars, a great casino. We stayed 2 nights for a conference and enoyed everything about this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lower number. The hallway is long and if you stay in a room past 120 or so yo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (895)
Bartlesville OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Red Rock the first week of October for a national conference. My room was on the 15th floor.

Pros:

Beautiful (but dark) room
Well decorated and maintained public areas including the casino, food court, movie theater and bowling alley
Excellent and friendly staff across the board
Gorgeous pool area
Numerous dining choices including a buffet restaurant, coffee shop, two Asian restaurants, Fatburger, BBQ cafe, a second hamburger diner, steak house, a Ben & Jerrys, and two Starbucks
Quieter and more laid back than hotels on the Strip or downtown
I did not try the spa but it looked nice and ran daily specials for hotel guests

Cons:

No free wifi in the hotel rooms
$28 daily resort fee automatically added (separately) to the hotel bill
Not enough free buses provided by the hotel to the Strip or airport - the taxi ride to the Strip (including the $3 credit card fee and 20% tip) was $68

The bottom line is that I really liked the hotel but I felt isolated by not having a vehicle. Would stay again only if I had a rental car.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed in room 15107 at the Red Rock from Sept. 16-20, 2013. I was there to attend a conference. It was my second trip to the Red Rock so I was familiar with the basics. The hotel is very nice and although it is HUGE, it is fairly easy to get used to the layout of things. Second trip impressions....my overall stay was very good. The room was much quieter than last year. (Stayed in a 6th floor room over the pool area last year and it was very noisy late at night due to the live music being played.) The casino was ok. I guess since I am from Oklahoma where casinos are running rampant these days, I just am not impressed by Las Vegas anymore. In Oklahoma, they have a more casual feel and I really missed the free drink stations that we have in Oklahoma casinos...you just walk in and serve yourself to all sorts of non-alcoholic beverages. It is a pain to have to tip someone every time you want to get a drink and also to have to hunt someone down. That really bugs me about Vegas. Also, I wanted to say what a FANTASTIC breakfast I had at the Grand Cafe one morning. It was a Denver omlette and it was so good. The buffet was great as usual and draws a huge crowd at all hours of the day. Really enjoyed that as well. My room was comfortable, clean and housekeeping was almost too present in cleaning it up every day. I am not one to expect someone to come in every day and clean it. I kind of would rather they didn't to be honest but there wasn't a door hanger tag to put on the door or I would have. The meeting facilities are really great and I enjoyed my conference very much. Other than feeling kind of shut in at the hotel (the shuttle bus is a 2 hour pain and the $60 one-way cab ride to the strip isn't affordable) it was a great trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This review is about the customer service from the hotel management ONLY. My review of the hotel, pool, restaurant, concierge, gaming, spa, bellman, food, and most beverages is 4-5 star!! The hotel is beautiful both inside and out. Rooms are fantastic and relaxing and the deep bathtub is amazing. It is a perfect place to unwind and relax off strip and just enjoy the wonderful mountain valley views.....that is if the hotel hasn't planned to take away a large percent of their resort amenities during your stay and doesn't think it's important to notify us, the guests.
There was a concert (Toto at 8pm, tickets $39) booked at the hotel which was on the website and posted on signage at the hotel, but what is missing is the fact that the entire pool area including cabanas, pools, chairs, and restaurant are shut down at 3pm (check in time) so that the concert seating can be set up and sound checks can take place. You are literally escorted off that portion of the property. This is a fact that should have been published in multiple places--specifically in the "what you should know section of their own website". It should have been communicated by the check in staff at the very least (that was the policy being instituted after we asked to speak to management). It should have been communicated by the towel attendant at the pool. Had we known that the very amenity that drove our booking @ RR was being taken away, we would have booked elsewhere. I agree "pool closing early" will not help sell the RESORT, but since we did pay a resort fee (covers the trees and plants too), we should have been notitifed before booking. Our booking was for two nights and our plan was Friday at the pool; on Saturday more pool time and then rejuvenate at the spa for ½ day. To say that closing the pool at 3pm on Friday was upsetting is to put it mildly. We sat with parents who just received towels from the towel cabana attendant at 2:45 with us (also NOT notifying anyone) that had to deal with screaming toddlers because they were told to leave the pool with us when we barely got wet. Not a nice calming scene. I felt sorry for the pool servers as they were the bearers of bad news; good thing 18% gratuity is already included for them.
When we tried to discuss our frustration of not knowing about the 3pm closing with management we spoke with Destiny who was so indifferent to the point of being rude and she was empowered to make good with a $25 food credit (FYI, resort fees are about 2x that per day). After the amount of money we spent on the hotel itself plus the grand expense of the spa treatments, $25 was laughable. When we asked Destiny for her supervisor she replied "there is no manager here right now". The hotel reservation agent was able to switch our spa time to that same day, which at this point was also a waste given our state of mind. To top off the weekend and add to our joy, on Saturday, Vegas gets a storm so pool day is cut short again. Now, I don't propose that the hotel is not responsible for the storm, I'm just mentioning because the plan was for Friday pool and it was a perfectly good and sunny day was cut short due to a concert set up with no advance warning.
The stay was also highlighted by one of the casino restaurants running out of coors light (funny they couldn't borrow from casino bar) and the metal shower head handle falling off and breaking my friend's toe in our shower. We didn't bother management with first aid since $25 was not going to cut it. They did come fix the shower head promptly.
Again, a simple communication on their website would have made this debacle for us a moot point. In this digital age, it's so very easy to communicate. Again, wonderful property but due to a very unprofessional Assistant Manager and managment overall, we will not recommend this property to anyone. Beware if you are booked on Oct 11th, yet another concert (Darius Rucker) at the pool is planned and in all the details about no video, no outside beverages, etc., there is not one mention of the pool closing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bremerton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Red Rock is a pretty resort.

I stayed here for 3 nights last week with my handicap mom. We asked for an ADA room upon booking & got one. After the long walk (mom uses a walker or cane)to our room more than 2/3 the way down the hallway from elevator, we where disappointed with the so called handicap room. The only changes was a lower peep hole in door & grab bars in the bathtub & around toilet. If you look at the pictures online of the restrooms you will see the marble ledge around the tub entry is 10" wide & the 2 grab bars in the tub are horizontal above tub deck nothing vertical shoulder height to get yourself over the ledge. We contacted the front desk requesting a closer room to elevator & maybe an ADA shower, we were told they were booked full. Mom ended up washing her hair in the sink daily & taking wash cloth baths the entire stay. Also note the shuttle system to/from airport is terrible. Only runs every 2 hours, you must get in line at bellhop an hour in advance to get issued a number 30 minutes before. We were told 500 people checking out same day & had to waist the last 1.5 hours of our trip waiting in line. FYI a cab to/from resort & airport is $52.

The bed was soft & comfy. I would prefer a heated pool. Paid way too much for the room considering how far off the strip it was - Next time we will stay at Hark Rock again.

Room Tip: Get a lower numbered room to avoid the LONG walk down the hall
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We spent three nights in this hotel and were very pleased. The rooms are huge and well appointed, with large marble bath rooms. Unfortunately, it is out from town. A shuttle is available to the strip, but the last return time is 7:40. I cannot imagine what a cab ride back would cost. There are things to do on site, however. Several restaurants, a movie theater ad bowling alley, and of course a large casino. The conference facilities were excellent.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Wow- what a beautiful spot. The resort is decorated very stylishly. The pool area is fabulous, plenty of lounging area in shade or sun.

The food court has a wonderful Mexican place with fish tacos- yum!

The rooms were spacious, even with our 17 year old daughter on a rollaway bed (did not fold- nice mattress.)

The bathroom- large, marble soaking tub, with TV.

The best part? I left 5 days ago. Noticed my Kindle missing, but was too busy in Sedona to deal with it. Returned home today, they had it logged in the book, Randy from security handled all of the details, and it's now back on its way home to me. Great job housekeeping, for finding, properly logging it, and great customer service with Randy.

Can't wait for next year's conference.

Room Tip: Make sure you do the Red Rocks State Park- beautiful scenery, and it's nearby.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!