“The Red Rock Consistently Delivers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11011 West Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89135 (Summerlin)   |
Ranked #32 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
Bath
“The Red Rock Consistently Delivers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I just returned from a 5 day business conference at the Red Rock and this has been my 5th time at the Red Rock. Once again, this resort and casino delivered on every level.
Let me be perfectly clear: during my five times I've been to Vegas, I've never been to the strip. Pathetic, I know! But the reason is that every time it's been a business trip and we get very little free time. I'm mentioning all of this because I can't make any (and I won't try to make any) valid comparisons between the Red Rock and any other resort/casino you will find in Vegas. I'm only commenting on my experience with this resort.
Location - probably my only complaint about this place. It's not close to the strip, although shuttle service is provided. If you are attending a business conference with long days, this won't be a resort where you can quickly access the strip for a short time. The plus side of the location is that it's nestled close to Red Rock Canyon and it's beautiful. During the morning hours, the canyon rocks are reflected in the mirrored windows on the resort - gorgeous!
Rooms - compared to hotel rooms in general, the standard rooms here are top notch. They are fairly large in size, very clean and ultra contemporary but with warm decor. I absolutely love the bathrooms. The toilet area is separated by a pocket door and the bathroom is large. A deep tub and separate standing shower with a glass door, along with double sinks are all tastefully detailed with very nice marble and tile. There's even a small flat screen television in the bathroom and a telephone in the toilet area - although I'd be quite reluctant to use the phone!
The dining was top notch. All of the food provided at our business meetings was delicious and presented beautifully. The restaurants on the casino floor were great too. My only complaint was the service at the Japanese restaurant (Hachi) was very slow, but that really should be noted in a review of that particular restaurant. The Cherry nightclub was a blast.
Service - the service from the door staff, bartenders, maids, to the staff who helped us find our conference rooms was fantastic - all were EXTREMELY pleasant and helpful.
I can't comment on the value because it was paid by corporate, but even if it is pricey it's well worth it! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone going on vacation as well as anyone on a business trip. Thanks for another great week, Red Rock!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

2,457 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (729)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a great 2 night stay. We rented a car but it isn't needed if you are gambling and seeing the strip. This is a very nice hotel with large clean rooms with nice views. There is a large 50" plasma TV in all rooms and a small TV in the bathroom along with a phone. The TV remotes and phones are sanitized after each guest leaves. There is a small wall safe, a closet with robes, and an iron. The lights have dimmers so you can adjust the lighting. There is no coffee maker or cups in the deluxe king and queen rooms. The bar fridge is stocked with juice and alcohol. Read all the instructions carefully to avoid charges.
The pool area is great and large. Unfortunately the pool closed at 4:00 pm daily on Feb 14 -16 th. They do charge $200 per day for the covered cabanas. On site there are also movie theatres and a bowling alley.
Parking and WiFi is free and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
There is a resort fee of $24.95 which is extra per night.
This resort is very close to Costco and Wholefoods which was a big plus for us.
There is a very large casino and many excellent restaurants. This high end resort is recommended especially for those wanting to be away from the strip.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband found a spectacular deal for three nights at the Red Rock resort. We were lucky enough to have a view of the gorgeous Red Rocks so that only added to our experience. Choices for food was incredible. Casino was smallish but we aren't gamblers so that wasn't important to us. Loved that you didn't have to go through the Casino to get to our rooms. We had a car and used the shuttle bus, only had one difficulty when the show we went to on the strip went longer than planned (that was a bonus) but we did miss the shuttle back and had to pay for a taxi (good thing my husband had won a nice jackpot before we left that evening).

All in all a wonderful experience and I would gladly stay there again and just go to the strip when I wanted.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We only stopped on the off-chance of a late breakfast and an hour of slot fun. We were en route to Red Rock Canyon. We were also 15 minutes late for breakfast officially but they accommodated us. In fact they invited us to help ourselves to lunch items if preferred but still charged as breakfast. A really nice buffet with a good selection and helpful staff. And the slots were loose too!

It's a very well turned out location and well worth the short drive from the Strip. Clean with fragrant air and a pleasure to play here. Plenty of parking as well. If you're thinking of hiring a car to visit the Canyon I'd seriously factor some time in for a pit stop here.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This resort is definitely not within the Vegas strip, that could make it ideal for off-site conference. Ideally, you do need to drive if you are planning to stay here as the bus that transport guests to the Fashion Mall or the airport take off once every 2 hours. Aside from such inconvenience, my stay has been very pleasant.

Staff that I met while staying there are engaging and warm. It makes me feel welcome. The layout of the room is spacious, it gave a good sense of freedom. Even if it is away from the strip, you don't really go hungry. There are fast food outlets inside the casino. One of the best burger for this trip is found at fatsoburger at the food outlet. Be brave, go for the XX-large.

In general, a great location for off-site.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We checked in Saturday for the Big Game Party. Our room was ready at 1 PM and we had asked for a room close to the elevator and were givin the closest one. Very happy since it can be a long trek otherwise. Valet & Bell service were very prompt & courteous.

They also had a free slot tournament & my wife & I were given two free buffets each. The buffets were not crowded on Sat night & Sun morning. Food was very tasty with great selections as always. (Slot tourney was fun but we did not cash). You get to mash on these buttons on penny machines as fast as you can for two three minute sessions. (I am thinking about wearing a bowling glove next time!)

The rooms and views at RR are spectacular in my opinion. The mountains are so alluring, as such we always drive around RR Canyon after our stay, which we did this time on a sunny Monday morning. The 13 mile loop cost $7 but is so worth it to be close to the mountains. It is only a couple miles from the Resort and I recommend this to relax.

The Big Game party was very nice, but looked to be overbooked. My wife heard me wrong and carried a bet on the Ravens to the Sports Book, but it worked out well for her. She wore her Bears Urlacher jersey and was rooting for Flacco, very strange. But she was the winner of the game and in the casino. I was not so lucky. The party was nice with a massive screen and nice sound system. Food & drinks were good and plentiful. I guess it was overbooked due to one team being from the West Coast. Most fans were 49er fans and disappointed, but the big screen & sound system made it and enjoyable afternoon.

Red Rock treats you well and is a good alternative to the congestion on the strip.
We also ate once in their cafe. I recommend the chicken soup which is to die for.
There are some good & loose slots, but you must move around-do not stay too long at any one machine or you will be sorry. There are some good slots in the non smoking areas also.

We will be back to RR later this year in August to use their great pools. They were open but at 68 degrees we did not go this time.

Big Jim

Room Tip: Get a room near the elevator or be prepared to walk!
Erma, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Check in was effortless/recieved voucher for buffet dinner, which is really good.Room was spotless and the king size bed was very comfortable.Our 4th stay here we come back every februrary.Casino is just the right size, plenty of coctail waitresses and the poker room was awesome.Plenty of high hand bonuses.We found LBS Burgers was really good food quality also ate at the yard house and it was great.Anyone we came into contact was very pleasant and cordial will be back next year.Tim Shoffler /Cape May NJ

Room Tip: Red Rock Canyon View
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!