“Great for meeting, comfortable room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11011 West Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89135 (Summerlin)   |
Ranked #26 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Valencia, California
“Great for meeting, comfortable room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The rooms at the Red Rock were great! The only problem is the location....It is in the middle of nowhere. I was there on business, so that wasn't a big deal. The Red Rock has everything you might like to do in one spot. I had a comfortable stay, but I would likely not return for personal business because it is so far away from the strip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JohnAndersonRedRock, Manager at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for posting here on Trip Advisor. Meetings are just one of the many reasons why people come to Red Rock. Wait until pool season…there is a new area to explore and it won’t disappoint!

2,322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Being a Phoenix resident we regularly visit Las Vegas. It is a 45 minute flight and lots of fun. The Red Rock Resort was really a fun place to stay and an alternative from the strip. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The casino was clean as was the room. The only negatives were that the room seemed kind of dark...and dont you dare move an item off of the electronic pad or you will be buying a $10 bag of popcorn. The other issue is its distance from Vegas itself. If you are looking for the hustle and bustle of Vegas this is not the place for you.
If you want to escape for a great time, then book it now. It was surprisingly quiet for a Friday and Saturday night...but that was not bad.
The Cafe...while pricey for Vegas standards was acceptable. The buffet with a players card was only $5 for breakfast....Good food there.
I would absolutely recommend the Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Great review and you identified one of the great savings opportunities with our Boarding Pass. Loyalty should be rewarded and why not reward it with great food at great prices. Thanks for posting and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is one of the finest hotels in Las Vegas, everything you want is on the property. from first class dinning to the best gaming.
The only complaint posible is the long walk from the elevator to the room.
And when we return we will ask for the veiw of red rock canyon again as it is breath taking also it is a short drive to mount Charleston where there is Las Vegas ski and snow board park with more wonderfull veiws with the snow covered pondarosa pines and mountains.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
You are correct! There really is something for everyone at Red Rock…
I love Mt. Charleston and so do my dogs. Who doesn’t love a little snow?

Commerce Township, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The reviews and ratings for Red Rock set a high expectation for our trip to Las Vegas. My husband and I arrived right on time for check in and were immediately met by the valet and had a quick check in; this would be the high point of the entire stay at the Red Rock. Overall, the casino and restaurants at Red Rock were great; the hotel aspect was extremely poor. We did get the canyon view as requested; however, the sink and bathtub were dirty and had black hairs all over them. In addition, towels and a bathrobe was missing from the room. Obviously not pleased with the room condition, we went back down to the front desk to let them know and have the bathroom cleaned. The hotel staff fixed the problems while we explored the casino and grounds. By the time we had finished dinner at LBS, which was wonderful, the room had been cleaned. I was still hopeful that the incident was a one time thing and the rest of the trip would be better - I was very wrong. The next morning we discovered the shower leaked, as in water flooding the bathroom coming from the base of the shower stall. It was a mess. We were gone from Red Rock the entire day and upon returning late, we decided not to call about the shower until the next morning. I noticed the bed linens were not changed, the pillows were all over the floor, and the bathroom supplies thrown on the counter. The next morning, after dealing with the flooded shower, I called the front desk and informed them of the issue. I got an "Oh, OK." and that was it. I asked for additional towels and the bed linens to be changed. Not that complicated. When we returned to the room in the early afternoon, the linens were not changed, they did not leave extra towels, and there was a note from the hotel workmen people staying the shower head was fixed. My husband and I were very frustrated at the complete lack of anything being accomplished that we asked and decided to work off some steam in the fitness center. The spa and exercise area are fine - nothing too special. I called for additional towels (you only get two of each towel) for our flooding shower so we could get ready to go out that night. Housekeeping took about a half hour to bring them, but at least we would not have to worry about slipping around. We took showers and each put on a bathrobe provided by Red Rock. Note - I had been using one robe for a short time each morning and the other had not been touched. My husband grabbed the one I had used and put on the other. We hung out in the room for a couple of hours while getting ready. When I went to change into clothes, I took off the bathrobe and to my absolute horror notice the robe was actually dirty. This was the extreme tipping point for my experience; on top of all the other issues, I had just worn a dirty bathrobe. I went down to the front desk immediately. I started speaking to an employee who directed me to the manager almost right away. I calmly explained all of the issues to the manager who offered to have us change rooms. We had to leave in order to not miss our show so the manager said she would be working until midnight. My husband and I returned and the manager offered a room change and "upgrade". I wanted a shower that did not flood the bathroom so we said we would switch. The manager assured us the head of housekeeping had personally inspected the room. This was very comical because when we got to the new room, there was no soap or soap dish. Also, the room was dusty and there was a wad of gum stuck to the minibar pricing sign. And, even though I had placed the "do not disturb" on the old room, someone had come into the room to get the dirty bathrobe. The new room was larger, but it contained the same exact furniture as the other room, so really it was just some empty space from the door to the bed. I feel like perhaps some furniture or something was missing from the room. It was very late when we got to the new room so I did not call about soap, and I thought it would be brought when the room was serviced the next day. Nope, I had to call to get a bar of soap and a soap dish. I am shocked at the complete lack of cleanliness and quality for the cost of Red Rock. I was sure at check out we would be compensated in some way for all of the issues, but we were not. No apology even. We most likely will not be staying at Red Rock again after this experience. I did book the trip through Orbitz, I am unsure if that is considered derogatory by Red Rock, thus resulting in our receiving service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on trip advisor. Please accept my sincere apology for falling short of the your expectations and for the experiences that you had. If you could afford me the courtesy, I would like to discuss it in more detail.

John.anderson@stationcasinos.com
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Red Rock is a full service hotel and spa in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas. Rooms are reasonable, hotel offers many dining venues and the rooms are spacious and well-appointed. Be sure not to touch the ammenities in the room unless you really want to buy them, they are all electronically set to charge if you pick them up for more than a few seconds and none of them are reasonably priced.

Room Tip: If you want activity and don't want to be on the strip, this is a good choice. The outdoor pool...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JohnAndersonRedRock, Manager at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
You have discovered us! Being away from the craziness of the strip is truly an asset in our favor. Thanks for taking the time to review your experience here on Trip Advisor.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The first thing you will notice is the amazing location and view of the mountains west of Red Rock. An amazing hotel casino with am atmosphere for everyone. Great swimming pool and several night clubs for evening entertainment. They are equipped with an amazing buffet and several incredible restaurants. If you want to distance yourself from the strip and yet have everything you want then this is the place.

Room Tip: Get an upper room with a view of the pool and Red Rock Mountains.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
You are correct…the views are amazing from almost every room and you cannot go wrong with either the strip view or the canyon view! Thanks for taking the time to post and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have always wanted to stay at the Rock. We have visited the site many times while in Vegas. So this time we came, we stayed, we had a great time. Yes this place is a Station Group Casino and I think that is another plus. The Red Rock is Station's Super Star. It lies away from the smash and crash of the Vegas Strip. This is a MEGA Plus us who want to have a great time, fantastic service, and a great vibe. This Hotel is big. It may not look that way but it covers lots of space. We always rent a car so transportation is not a problem. The Rock has a exit right off the 215 easy access off of West Charleston. Plenty of parking also.
Check in was a breeze and the staff were great. The elevator set up for the hotel is quirky but once you figure the place out, no problem. I was reminded of a Hitchcock movie walking down the hallway to our room. It has a slight bend to it and is actually really cool. The rooms are just flat out awesome. Clean, well kept and comfortable. The tub in the bathroom ( which can act as a swimming pool ) is deep and very nice for the long soak. The room has all the nice touches of a quality hotel. As expected the staff were great.
We had many choices were to eat, one can't go wrong there, from killer burgers at LBS to cold brews in the "Yard". The Feast Buffet is good with good selections and solid fare.
The playing floor is massive and well kept. Many locals play there and the pay offs are fair.
If you are looking for a place to stay on the west side of Vegas and are looking for an Upscale Place, Station Casino's Red Rock is that place.
Get a car and drive folks, that way you can see the other Las Vegas, other than the Strip, you might be very surprised how nice the Real Vegas is. Especially at the Red Rock.

Room Tip: Vegas Views are great, but the western mountains are also very stunning at sunset.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the time you took to post here on Trip Advisor. It sounds like you enjoyed everything that we have to offer here at Red Rock and I am glad that you finally had the opportunity to stay with us.

Red Rock Casino ● Resort ● Spa

Been to Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!