“stayed here on a whim” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11011 West Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89135 (Summerlin)   |
Ranked #33 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
Minneapolis
“stayed here on a whim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had the opportunity to stay here as they were running a special before Thanksgiving. Bed was fabulous, even took a bath(I never do that) in the soaking tub while watching TV. Was able to get my shoes shined and used the gym. Next time I plan to do a spa treatment. It was quiet, long hallways which I didn't mind,but for people don't want to walk- request a room closer to the elevators. I was tempted to touch the items in the mini bar, but I was warned if they are moved for more than 45 seconds we would have gotten charged. It was tempting, but I didn't do it.

Room Tip: long hallways so wear good shoes
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JohnAndersonRedRock, Manager at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience here on Trip Advisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

2,462 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

It was a business trip for my spouse and I chose to join after seeing pictures and reviews of the hotel. We were not disapponted.Check in was quick, they did not have rooms with King beds available so we were given 2 double beds-not a big deal. I booked through expedia, so the've included buffet breakfasts for two of us(including Sunday champaine brunch)- that was really nice. The resort is fairly new and there is lots of things to do- Imax theater, bowling lanes, arcade, spa, gym, restautrants, casino and food court.There is a shopping plaza across the street too.
They have a non- smoking part of casino for people who are not enjoying second- hand smoke.
The best was the spa that is open from 6am to 7pm. Because of time difference we would get up around 5 am and I would be at the spa door at 6am. It is truly amazing. They have a whirpool, dry and wet saunas, lap pool, quiet zone where you can have a cup of tea or a snack.Plenty of bottled water, towels, robes, slippers provided. The facility is super clean and spacious. the Spa has separate men's and womens sections, only the out door pool is for common use. They provide lotions, shampoo, blowdryers and even toiletries- how thoughtful!
The room had a mini bar and all kind of snacks, beds were a little to soft for us, but still comfortable. Bathroom-gorgeous, very good lay out. Lots of towels, shampoo,conditioner provided. The closet had light iside of it-great idea, will implement it at home.Some people were not impressed by food based on previous reviewes. I am not sure why. We ate mostly in the buffet and it can easily compete with Wynn buffet(only 2 times cheaper!!!) .I don't consider Las Vegas as a family destination, but I would bring my son to Red Rock if I go again. It was a very enjoyable stay, I wish I could go back again soon.

Room Tip: You will get either city or mountain view from the room- ask frond desk if you have a preference.The...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review. Looks like you were able to discover some the best aspects of Red Rock…the Spa and the buffet!
Our culinary team is amazing and we love to showcase their talents in all our restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you and your son back again soon,

Winter Haven, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a week a week at the Red Rock for a business conference. We were impressed from the front desk to the room and to the pool. The room was superb! We had a view of the Red Rock. It was gorgeous from sun up to sunset. The room was extremely comfortable and roomy. We loved the big bathroom and our King size bed. We took advantage of the pool area since the weather was great. Again, it was Super! All the staff were friendly and professional. They have great restaurants and lots to do even though you may not gamble.This is our second stay at the Red Rock and we will be back for a third time!

Room Tip: Check out all the restaurants in the casino. Also check out the great pool area! Very relaxing!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mixing Business and some relaxation. That is great! I am glad that you had the opportunity for your wife and you to enjoy all that the property has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again and again!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Was very impressed with Red Rock Casino from check in to check out. Arrived late on a Friday night and had no wait at check in. Was giving my room keys and off I went. My room was on the 12th floor that over look the Strip in the distance. I am young and have no problem walking but if you do ask for a room near elevators because I was placed at the end of the hallway and was alittle of walk. Walked into room and was impressed right away. Room was plenty big with a King sized bed and a desk against the wall and some comfy chairs to sit in. The bathroom was huge with a stand alone shower and big tub. Alittle room in the bathroom with a door where the toilet is located. Plenty of towels and soups and things like that. TV's in the bedroom area and in the bathroom. Safe in the closet of the room with a clothes iron there to. Room was very clean. Also used Valet the whole trip and had no problems with wait and they where very friendly with giving directions to the strip and other places. Would highly recommend this Resort to anyone that is looking to go to Vegas and stay off the Strip. The drive to the strip is about 20 mins or so with no traffic.

Room Tip: Long hallways so if you have problems walking get a room near elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Power Weekend! I love it. Thanks for taking the time to review the property.

Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We spent one night here on our way out of Las Vegas. Wanted to try something that wasn't on the strip.
Beautiful hotel. We self parked, but found out afterwards that valet is free. Check in was quick, and friendly.
Quite the walk to our room. Maybe would ask to stay closer to the elevators next time.
Spacious beautiful room. We had a view of the strip.
Casino was clean and didn't smell of smoke. They actually had low min. tables available on Friday nights, which is impossible to find on the stip.
We had dinner Tbones steak house. It was amazing!
Didn't get to check out to much otherwise.
Check out was on the TV .... great convience!
Housekeeping staff were friendly, everyone said hi when you walked by them in the halls.
Worth the stay!!!
They apparently have, but we didn't use this time, free shuttle to and from airport and the strip. Neither is very far away.

Room Tip: Ask to be closer to the elevator. You won't hear them at all, it just less of a walk!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience here on Trip Advisor.
Sounds like you experienced some of the great things we have to offer.
See you next time you are in Las Vegas!

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel was wonderful! They have a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel and one from the hotel to the strip. This was very convenient as the strip is about 20 minutes and a $50 cab ride away. They have great restaurants and entertainment. The gym was great and although I didnt get a chance to use the pool it looked great!. Was there for a conference and I would go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I am glad that you had the opportunity to visit us for your conference.
You will have to make the next trip all about you and enjoy the pools and spa!

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

There are so many things wrong this Hotel Casino. Where do I start? How about the room refrigerators?
If you dare to put your cold drink or your left over chocolate desert in their refrigerator, be careful not to sneeze, cough, nudge, look too hard, move, vibrate or touch any of the hotel's pre stocked $15 to $150 bottled water, drinks or alcohol. If you touch one, you will be charged a ridiculous amount of money wether you open the containers or not. All the contents in the Red Rock's refrigerator are on weight sensors. Watch out for the small box of Crackers at $15. Best advice is not even to look at the snacks they have on display, you will get charged for moving the boxes without opening them.
BUT............. For $25 plus tax a day, the hotel will rent you your own refrigerator, what a deal!
All complimentary services like the shuttle, the pool, (the pool was closed the days I was there) and the gym ARE NOT complimentary or free. The Red Rock Hotel charges you 27.99 per day (Resort Fee) for these so called free complimentary services. The food at the hotel was just OK. Frankly, the food court has overall better food. No live music at all at the Red Rock. What's up with that?
The maid was banging on my door at 8:00 AM. Is this Las Vegas? And no, the hotel did not have do not disturb signs. Even after telling the front desk not to be disturbed by the cleaning people the next morning, it happened again. To top it all off, I was DOUBLE CHARGED on two different credit cards and charged for things I should not have been charged for. When I called to speak with the manager, K. Johnson once I was home, all she could say was, I'm sorry. Which technically means we(the hotel) were wrong. So my final question to the the Manager Miss Johnston, "what are you willing to do to earn my business after all of these mishaps and mistakes due to your hotel's Incompetence?" Her answer was "there is nothing we can do but again I would like to say that we are really sorry." There were so many more negative experiences about this hotel, I just cannot think of them all.
I get the feeling that Vegas in general is dying. Still Casinos and Hotels should not lie and trick their customers out of their hard earned money because business is down.
If the Red Rock hotel is any reflection of Las Vegas, count me out forever and I'll pass the word.
I hope Las Vegas survives the upcoming hard economic times but the Red Rock Hotel has to completely reevaluate their strategies.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!