“Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11011 West Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89135 (Summerlin)   |
Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I arrived for my 1st trip to Vegas just before midnight on a Thursday night to attend a friend's wedding at the Red Rock so I had no idea what to expect. Imagine my surprise when I woke up the next morning to see the most picturesque view of the mountains! Not only were the views top notch but the food, the service, the pools…everything was perfect. After just 15 hours in Vegas I thought I was in heaven and I hadn’t even been to the strip yet. One of the things that is taking me back to the Red Rock rather than staying on the strip this winter is that it’s not on the strip. I like that when I was done with the traffic and the people and the noise I could hop on the shuttle and go back to my cozy piece of paradise with my own casino, my own shopping and my own spa!

Room Tip: View of the Mountains is breathtaking
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
JohnAndersonRedRock, Manager at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
That view of the mountains is one of the reason I love to work at Red Rock, you are correct…AMAZING! Although, the panoramic view of the strip at night is too bad either.

Travel Safe and Travel Often,
Red Rock Casino ● Resort ● Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (765)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My daughter and I love to meet here and shop and spa. The hotel has a world class spa. It's out of the hassle of the strip, closer to the Red Rocks, which I see outside my window. The resort has everything but its also close to LOTS of shopping. Lovely property, lovely room, lovely time. Did i mention great buffet.

• Stayed November 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post here on Trip Advisor.
Our Spa is a great place to relax and recharge those batteries for more shopping!

Travel Safe and Travel Often,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Loved it!! Beautiful, modern and zen like feeling when walking in. The entrance is grand but, in an elegant understated way. Well, except for the crystals accents...WOW!! So, nice but, not obnoxious. The check in was a breeze and the people were so friendly. The rooms were luxurious, comfortable and fully equipped with anything you would need.

We had the Thanksgiving buffet and it was crazy busy but, the food was very very good for a buffet setting. We had a great bottle of Central Coast chardonnay for a reasonable $6.50 while at t-day dinner. Good break from some of the other hotels we stay at when visiting family.

Enjoyed being away from the hustle and bustle. You really feel like you are getting away when there. Only down side was the walls seem thin and there was a girls/boys soccer deal going on the weekend of Thanksgiving.. Well, you get the drift..

Cocktails were a bit expensive but, lovely bars to hang out in to sip on your favorite libation. Would go back in a heartbeat. Didn't have much of a chance to try too many of the restaurants but, the bakery treats at the Grand Cafe are yummy and a wonderful late night splurge.

This place has it all.. If you have a rental car it's a breeze to get out there.. Never got on the freeway once...ahhhh! Now that is nice.

Room Tip: We had a strip view and although a bit of distance away it was gorgeous to see the strip all lit up...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JohnAndersonRedRock, Manager at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Happy Holidays! Thank you for spending your time with us.
I am glad that you were able to enjoy some relaxation and enjoy the offerings at our Resort.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very nice facility. The rooms are beautiful. Make sure to ask for the canyon view. You have the choice of Canyon or Vegas Strip view. You are so far from the strip that you barely see anything but lights in the distance. I loved everything about this place but the distance from the rest of the strip and airport. If you don't catch the free Red Rock shuttle, it's a $78 cab ride. The hotel has shuttles to the strip but they stop too early to catch one back.

That is the only bad thing I can say. As far as the gaming floor, very nice and friendly staff. The restaurants are excellent. We did the Japanese and the Chophouse Steakhouse. The food and service were excellent. Ate at the food court on a couple of late nights. Gotta love a greasy Fat Burger at 2am especially when we don't have them on the east coast. The pool area is unbelievably nice and found out from a local that a couple of movies were shot there.

I would recommend staying here if you've been to Vegas before and don't want to be in the middle of the strip and the normal Vegas craziness. If it's your first visit to Vegas, you may be better off doing Caesar's, the Venetian, or one of the places in the heart of the strip so you can experience that.

Bonus. Close by to the hotel is the Red Rock Canyon (I guess that's where they got their name <grin>), there are horseback riding trips through the canyon that some of the people I was with, took advantage of. They said it was great.

Room Tip: Ask for Canyon view. It looks over pool and the Red Rock Canyon...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sounds like you made the most out of your trip! The pool is amazing and was most recently used as a photo backdrop for a UFC shoot that featured one of their fighters. You never can tell who you might run into around here…

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had a 3 day conference scheduled here and didn't know what to expect. First, I'm not much of a gambler so the allure of the strip casinos would not be a deal breaker for me. On the gambling front, I loved it. I didn't feel the frenzy of the strip that elevates my blood pressure. I like the Blackjack machines and I had fun without breaking the bank. My sister, the gambler, said that there were more affordable table games.
Next, the rooms were spectacular. They were spacious and be sure to get a room with a view of the Red Rock Mountains to watch the spectacular sun rises.
Things to do - I saw the new James Bond - Skyfall on IMAX. There's a great bowling alley and the SPA. Food - There are so many choices from the standard buffet, T-Bones for steak, Hachi for Japanese, Terra Rossa for Italian, 24 hour Grand Cafe and a food court.
They do have a shuttle to and from the airport plus one to the strip if you don't rent a car. I had so much fun that I extended my stay one extra night.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on a higher floor with a view of the Red Rock mountains.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
When I travel I always ask where the locals go because that is usually where the best service is. Guess what, this is where the locals come! I am glad that you had a great time and I wanted to thank you for your feedback. Come back and visit us again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just got back from spending 3 nights at Red Rock for a business conference. Overall a very nice property and keep in mind it's about 1/2 hour away from the strip.

Overall it's a top-notch facility with nice restaurants, lounges, and the convention center was great. Room was nice with a large flat-screen TV.

Really enjoyed the fitness room and locker room- very very nice.

Room Tip: Try and request a room close to the elevators or you could have a very long walk!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the feedback on your conference.
That is the great thing about Red Rock…you can attend conferences, gamble, eat, and see some great entertainment.

Erie, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I like to keep my reviews positive, but our stay at Red Rock in November was a bit disappointing. We usually stay at another Stations property, Green Valley Ranch, but they were full for the first two days, so we headed to Red Rock. We like to gamble, workout and enjoy the spa facilities, and eat, probably in that order.
The room was nicely decorated, and was clean. Even though we play quite a bit at Stations, though, they stuck us at possibly the furthest point from the elevators I have ever stayed. Oh, well, got more exercise!
The spa facility was the biggest letdown. The locker room is so dark, people were complaining they couldn't see to work the locks. Half of the treadmills didn't function correctly--with as much money as a casino makes, seems like they could repair them? And, my biggest freakout, I noticed a half bottle of water in the restroom behind the door. The next day, it was still there. Do they not clean the restrooms? Yikes! Rest of that facility was not very clean either.
Gambling was less than expected. We played all over that casino, and couldn't keep close to even. Then, when we checked out, they didn't want to comp our $70 in charges. Wow.
Guess we should be happy they comped the room for two days, but overall our experience was less than hoped for.
We will continue staying at GVR, as those two days were great once again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the feedback on your stay and will be sharing it with all our leaders on property.
Thank you again for taking the time to share.

Red Rock Casino ● Resort ● Spa

Been to Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!