“Wedding Coordinator Ruined Wedding” 2 of 5 stars

8101 Racel Street, Las Vegas, NV 89131
702-645-5818
Improve this listing
Ranked #193 of 685 things to do in Las Vegas
“Wedding Coordinator Ruined Wedding”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

First I'd like to say that the grounds are very beautiful, except for the lack of spring trimming, lots of left over dying palm fronds. This is pale in comparison to what we had to deal with. I am coming from the photographer stand point, who has shot many weddings and has never had to witness a person with such personal disgust for her job. I am speaking of the "wedding coordinator". I don't remember her name, not like I would, she never introduced herself to anyone, not even me, you would think she would try to help coordinate at least with the photographer. She has shorter blondish hair, probably in her early 60's, maybe younger, but stress and hatred of humankind has probably aged her. I'll just hit the main points of the wedding: She tended to scold people in a very disrespectful manner, not in a coordinator way, in a way such that she made people feel like they were children. She wasn't available at the beginning of the wedding, moving slowly with the corsages, unable to find when the wedding party was searching for her to play their pre-wedding music, which should have already been playing. Then when I went to find out exactly where the precession would take place to ensure I found the right spot for photos, she briefly answered my questions with yes and no answers as she was walking away, like I was wasting her time. Then the bride came to me and said that the coordinator wouldn't allow her to take a picture with her mother in the brides area because there wasn't enough time. As I step into the brides bathroom/area, camera in hand, mother of the bride in tow, bride on my right side, I announced that I was going to take their picture and again the coordinator said very rudely that there was no time for that (as she is fitting her slow corsages onto the bridesmaid). If you don't have time to capture a moment for the bride and her mother, then what else don't you have time for. I simply let her know that this was happening, because it is something the bride wants to have a picture of. She says "FINE!". Everyone is in stares and we all realize that we are watching a nightmare unfolding. Then there were problems with the music, replaying the brides wedding precession song three times. Then, after the ceremony, the coordinator immediately took the Best Man, and brother of the Groom, to sign the marriage certificate. While attempting to adhere to her strict schedule of kicking us off the grounds at 6 pm (the wedding started at 5:30pm, on a Wednesday, not another soul in sight at the place besides the 20 of us, but it was necessary that we were to be gone by 6 on the dot, as we were not holding the reception at this location but at another restaurant) we were trying to set up our family group photos as quickly as possible, but of course, we were missing the Best Man. The time it took for someone to find out that the Best Man was in her captivity and report back to announce that the coordinator would not allow him to join us until we sent the Bride and Groom immediately to her office for their signatures. Whilst we come upon the minister who was also searching the grounds trying to find the coordinator and the wedding certificate for himself to sign. Apparently communication for the coordinator is too much to ask for. The bride returns with tears in her eyes and disgust on her face for what the coordinator is putting everyone through. You could see in her face that she wanted all of this to be over with and that we needed to just rush through these photos so that they could just leave and never deal with this woman again. There wasn't a guest or family member that couldn't see what this person has done to ruin this wedding. Their memories are going to be stained with tarnish that this unhappy coordinator spewed out all over their wedding. It was a disgrace and this woman should be ashamed of herself. Unless there is more than one wedding coordinator to choose from, do not put your sweet, perfect idea of a wedding in her harsh, hating hands.

Visited April 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
19 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Wedding, great planning, just a few small suggestions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Daughter just got married here - it was beautiful. We used the orchard setting. Everything went well and was well planned. The food for the reception was excellent, and the service for both food and at the bar was very good. Only suggestion or note of caution I would offer - the wedding coordinators at the Grove don't seem to know how to handle step parents, which is surprising in this day and age. If you are planning a wedding there, make sure logistical issues such as who escorts who are planned and communicated. Wedding party and parents were "announced" into the reception, and we had to scramble to make sure the DJ had the names right. Just by luck we found out he was planning on announcing parents together, even though they were long divorced and one was remarried. Just made for some awkward moments.

Visited February 2014
Centreville, Virginia
“Perfect wedding venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Our wedding was so easy! I didn't have to do much of anything because The Grove handled it all. They just asked what we wanted, and we showed up and didn't have to worry about any details.

It would be very hard to plan a wedding elsewhere for this price. Our entire wedding was under 5k, including trasnportation to and from the Grove for my 50 guests.

The only thing I would recommend, is bring your own photographer! The photographer provided was very rude and didn't speak much English. Then after, Sunset Studios tries to nickel and dime you to get your photos! They tell you that 50 images are included, but it's a lie. You have to pay for each image or buy the whole CD (250-500$ extra). Only about 1/4 of the pictures they took were useful.

Visited March 2013
Hamilton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“A Dream Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am going to try and make my review easy to follow because that is what I liked when I was searching. Quick and informative.

Wedding Date: October 19, 2013 @ 3:30pm
Venue: Arbor Wedding with 30 Guests in small hall, Package C (3:30-8:00pm)
Our Goal: A wedding in Vegas but still Classy and unique (MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!)

Transportation to Venue: We used Bell transportation. One stretch limo (8 people) and one bus (22 people) Back from Venue: One large bus (30 people) with a stop at Bellagio for pictures and then the drive waited while we all changed and took us back to Fremont Street. I have to say the bus ride was so much fun and convenient for our guests who didn't have to worry about driving after an open bar.

CONSULTANT: We had the pleasure of having Donna as our consultant. Donna was so professional and pleasant. She immediately took over for me and made us all at ease. She made sure she took are of every detail when we arrived so we didn't have to worry about anything. She showed us to the bridal room then put our our wedding favors and frame we brought for signing. We brought all of that with us. When my daughter broke down with nerves before the ceremony, she was there to calm her down - we still giggle about her telling her to say her ABC's to calm down. LOL

FLOWERS: This was one slight disappointment. Sherry was difficult to talk to and the flowers were just ok. A little wilted and we did pay to upgrade. But didn't ruin the day or anything.

CAKE: The cake was lovely and exactly and I mean exactly what we ordered. However, we wished at the end, we knew where the rest of the cake went. We forgot to ask the take some home to freeze. So if that is important to you make sure you ask before they cut the cake.

THE CEREMONY: One word...PERFECT! When my daughter and husband walked down that path and over the bridge everyone was in tears. The grounds are like a clip out of a movie. The weather was 82 and sunny, the grounds are plush green and absolutely stunning. The music plays clear and loud and the seating under the arbor is roomy and slightly shaded. The wedding was performed by Phil and he was lovely and fun.

THE RECEPTION: The room was lovely with linen napkins etc. Black and white. Very classy.The menu was chicken parmesan, garlic mashed potatoes, ceaser salad and roast beef. The food was prepared fresh, hot and delicious. All guests commented on how good the food was, especially the chicken parmesan. The bar remained open during dinner so guests were free to get wine and drinks during the meal. Champagne arrived for speaches and toasting.

DJ'S AND MUSIC: Perhaps the highlight of the evening. These 2 guys were amazing. They kept in contact with my daughter the entire time, taking care of every detail and song she wanted. Music was very important to my daughter and they exceeded all of her expectations. From walking down the aisle to dancing the night away they took care of it all. They also kept the speaches going, garter toss and bouquet toss. The evening moved smoothly and flawless.

QUICK TIPS:
Since the wedding was only 4 hours and ended at 8, we wanted to keep the party going but also had under age guests. We chose to change and take everyone to Fremont Street Experience. This turned out to be a great choice.
The Venue is 1/2 hour away from strip and seems to be heading into a subdivision, but don't be nervous, just like in the Wizard of Oz all of a sudden, you end up in the Land of Oz.

I hope this review was helpful. I used this site during my planning and found it very useful. Enjoy your day.

Visited October 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wishing I could go back to my perfect wedding day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I tend to be a picky and realistic person, so when it was the time to start seriously planning my wedding I visited and checked reviews from almost every place in las vegas, being a local that wasn't such a big deal and trust me there's so much I could talk about from my experience that with just having my wedding a month ago and as a former bride I think I know I will be able to help other brides with my review.
There are so many optionis and different venues and sceneraios in vegas where you could have your amazing dream day that it can have you easily overwhelmed, I decided to choose The Grove because is such a beautiful and peaceful enviroment that I felt it would go perfect with my vision of what I wanted for my wedding, The grounds are beautiful, yes, you can see a few houses around from the grounds but trust me when it comes to the actual day and pics you won't even notice that's there!. My experience with the staff from The Grove was AMAZING! ZINA is truly THE BEST thing that has happned to the wedding industry! you can count on her for everything to come out perfect, she will take care of you as soon as you walk in til' the last minute of your I DO'S, please remember is that yes! you're paying for this but it's YOUR WEDDING so you will still have to be on top of everything! eventhough i'm a local I did everything by e-mail and never had a songle problem, I always had an answer and believe I always had something to say or ask.
Days prior my wedding Zina, my fab fab wedding coordinator, sat with me and went through 9 months of emails and requests briefly and concisely to make sure everything on record was what I wanted, she sat with me, listened to eveything I said, perfectly resumed it and even gave me a few advices that came out even more perfect on my wedding day!
They have a food tasting, cake tasting, wedding rehearsal and all of those options available still in case you need some assurance.
On my wedding day I was impressed on how beautiful everything looked, sherrie the florist with Zina's help did an awesome job!.
The cake was so delicious!!! Amy is so accessible and such a pleasure to talk to and work with, she made my cake design exactly as i told her, The dj was courteous, fun and awesome!, Food was amazing!!! (not even your typical dry, tasteless and cold wedding food), we had unlimited drinks and I'd say too much joy.
I brought my own photographer but the guys from sunset studio were really nice before my ceremony.
My familly and my now husband's family told me that was one of the most fun weddings they had been to.
I could maybe say one or two little things made me nervous but after having almost all I wanted from my wedding day it would be unfair to focus on the negative.
Overall, I was a bride just a month ago, for a year I was looking for a lot of what you are looking for, my advice is; PLEASE CHILL & please have The Grove on your list as an option, they will take care of you, be organize and communicate with them, don't get fustrated, stay realistic, they will answer and take care of eveyrthing you want and need!
I posted a few pics just for a little visual backup!

Visited October 2013