“Excellent Hotel With Super Low Rates” 5 of 5 stars
Review of South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa

Save Saved
You added South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa to your Saves list
South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9777 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89183 (Enterprise)   |
Ranked #61 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Napa, California
“Excellent Hotel With Super Low Rates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

Booked 2 nights for $35 per night ($70 buy 1 night get 1 night free) through their reservations who matched the hotels.com rate. Tried to check in early but they were sold out the previous night so I had to wait a few hours until HK could clean a room. I had just driven 8 hours from Napa, CA overnight and was exhausted but I didn't care because I was happy to be in Vegas. So, I had some breakfast at the buffet which was not very impressing and checked into my room . I didn't get a view but the room was huge! Im not too sure but I think the lady that checked me in gave me an upgraded suite since that was the only 1 clean. After a 4 hour nap on a comfortable king size bed, I check out the casino which is conveniently designed and well staffed, consisting of mostly hot cocktail waitresses of mixed races and very few "over-the-hill" ones. Valet staff was excellent and the Asian girl that helped me was very personable and welcoming. Had some late night dinner and cheesecake from the cafe which made up for the buffet from earlier. Overall a very nice hotel with an awesome location (5 minutes from the strip) and awesome servce.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
SouthPointLV, Hotel Operations at South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2009
Thank you for the Excellent review we are so happy you enjoyed your visit with us.

Hope to see you soon.

3,367 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
  • Czech first
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

We stayed at the South Point Casino and spa for two nights and it felt a lot cleaner and larger than hotels I've stayed on the strip with. Even though we had a non-smoking floor, it is hard to avoid the smoke as it is EVERYWHERE - rough on non-smokers. We had a nice view of the mountains from our room which was nice to watch the sunsets. Since we had a car rented it was very quick to go down to the strip and enjoy some of the other trappings, but we were also very content with what South Point had to offer (we had relatively good winnings) and I had one of the best spa treatment massages I can remember (thank you Carla from the spa... I slept like a boneless chicken) hot stone massage with reflexology treatment. Lots of cowboys roaming the place since there is an equestrian arena attached to the casino. I would stay here again for the value, the best spa treatment in years and the winnings.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
We thank you for the great review and the compliments on our property and Spa. We sure hope you plan a return visit with us soon.

Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

Rooms are bright and spacious.............mattresses on the hard side...........I need my sleep! Well appointed design and large bathroom.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review on our property. We hope to see you again soon.

Wylie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

I stayed here two nights earlier this week, and before that did more than a few trade shows here, but this was my first trip to this casino as a pleasure traveler. I would rank the quality of the room I got in the new wing as somewhere around a Marriott or Hilton, though a little bit bigger. I got a smoking room so I could puff on my stogies while checking my email, but couldn't detect any tobacco smoke in it. The crowd at the casino itself was...interesting. Image a small-town Wal-Mart with people playing slot machines instead of shopping. The crowd itself was a little more energetic than at your average Station casino. The buffet was middling, it might impress someone who's used to eating at Golden Corral, but it didn't impress me. On the plus side, it had very quick and attentive staff, and a great location.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments and look foward to a return visit from you.

Staff & Management of the South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa
Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

Rooms were nice but the stench of smoke permeated the entire complex, even in the "non-smoking" rooms. Also $13 a day for internet access is ridiculous!!! Stayed 3 nights in October based on TA reviews.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for your review; we will look into the ventilation and apologize for any inconveneince.

Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I was shacked up there by the airline due to the fact my flight was cancelled. It was excellent value for what it was (no Bellagio or Ceasars where I usually stay but good). They have nice big rooms with LCD TV's and the place seems relatively new. They have quite a nice a pool and when you think you can stay there for 50 bucks a night you can't go wrong! Food was good in the buffet but absolutely horrible in the 24 hour restaurant. I was surprised I didn't end up with food poisoning. Oh and its way off the strip so if you think you can stay here for cheap and taxi it to strip its not happening. Its a 28 dollar cab ride from the airport and its the opposite direction to the main strip. For the price of a daily rental car you might as well stay in the imperial palace or something.

BUT TAKE MY ADVICE CHECK YOUR BED BEFORE YOU SLEEP IN IT (see internet for instruction on how to do this).

I slept on the 6th floor for (no joke) not even 5 hours as my flight left in the morning and was BITTEN 20 TIMES; YES 20 TIMES!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

Stayed at South Point in september for 4 days, start of a long trip around nevada.
A very good shuttle service from airport, we knew this hotel was very remote, but did'nt mind that , the hotel was lovely and just stayed around the hotel for the first 4 days of our trip, the rooms are very spacious and comfortable, the pool area is lovely.
Buffet was very good, friday night was sea food night and was excellent value, we had a few other buffets and used our booklet with money off offers a great help.
Delli was also very good for a quick snack.
Ate at the mexican but have had better mexican food.
Slots are good and the cocktail waitress comes round often, the $25 free play they give you for joining there players club was very welcoming.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa? Share your experiences!