“A City Unto Itself” 4 of 5 stars
Review of South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa

You added South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa to your Saves list
South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9777 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89183 (Enterprise)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
Trip Advisor Promotion
Ranked #63 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“A City Unto Itself”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stay here every July for an event.

Check-in: Excellent - even a long line goes by quickly. Front desk is friendly and personable.

Price: Excellent - even small rooms have a lot of square footage.

Location: Okay - quite a few miles south of the famous Las Vegas Strip, but freeway close / just a 10-15 minute drive. Hotel offers a shuttle, too, but didn't use it.

Room: Excellent - lots of space, comfortable beds, cable TV, shower water pressure and temperature great. Ton of room to spread out on the sink/counter in the bath and the toilet/shower is in a separate room.

Noise: Low - doors are thick and placed so no noise comes from even the hallway. Great for naps.

Wi-fi: Don't know/didn't use.

Ice machine: Excellent.

Hot tub/pool: Great - only used the hot tub. Employees spend a fair amount of time running small children out of the area (hot tub signage says it's limited to age 16+). Pool bar available (didn't use).

Parking: Wonderful! Multilevel parking garage - important to have covered spaces during the hot summer months.

Food/drink: Several restaurants on premises (writing separate reviews). Room service available 24 hours.

Entertainment: Movie theater, bowling alley, casino, several bars, and a theater which had singers and comedians booked.

Convention Hall: Fabulous - plenty of room for 1,500+ people. Rooms also separate into smaller venues for other meetings and events. Excellent audio/video and wi-fi.

Group Meals: Good - convention pays for several during the weekend and the food is always decent. Afternoon snacks offer good coffee and giant cookies or muffins.

Recommendations/Tips: South Point is a city unto itself, so you need never leave during a convention or otherwise. Great for families. Beware the very crowded elevators during peak times of day.

Overall: I'll be back next July.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
hoteloperations2014, Hotel Operations at South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Wow, thanks for the great review and the 4 star rating!! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay while attending one of our conventions. We really do appreciate all the feedback and we will forward your comments on to those areas mentioned. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (689)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My family and I have been staying here for years when we get together in Las Vegas. However, after this last trip I will never stay here again.

My first issue is the lack of common sense with the staff. For example, there is a long line at the Del Mar Deli when it opens @ 7 am. However, the cashier will take a phone order and make the other customers in line wait. There is another staffer who just sits there and puts food in bags and calls numbers out. Why not have him take the phone orders. One customer behind me took 35 minutes from the time the Deli opened to receive her food and she was #10 in line. Additionally, I ordered a lox and bagel for $9.95. There was only two small shavings of smoked salmon! What a gyp!!!

Secondarily, I tried to use my coupon at the El Dorado Bar. The bartender said I had to have the booklet with me. I said I did not want to go back to my room to get the booklet, and I will pay for the drinks myself. He then proceeded to help another customer. When I pointed out his error, he just looked at me and continued to help the other customer. Bad customer service!!!

I have put up with mediocre food (all the restaurants), and a place that costs $95 when I can obtain a suite at the Venetian for $129, for a place that is so far from the action. They have noit updated the pictures in the room, or any aspect of the hotel. After my stay on 8/8/14 and 8/9/14, I will never stay at this place again!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
First we would like to thank you for your loyalty to our property. We appreciate you sharing the details of why your stay was not an enjoyable experience. We take all comments very seriously and we will be discussing this with our management team. We want you to know that this is definitely not the type of guest service we train our staff for. Our mission here at the South Point is to provide the absolute best possible service to our guests, and anything short of that is totally unacceptable. On behalf of the South Point Hotel Casino & Spa we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. It really is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we believe it would be a huge loss to lose you as a guest. We ask you to please reconsider a future visit with us.

Browning, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed here for a conference and was pleasantly surprised by this establishment. The rooms did not feel old or run down, there was a good theater with comfortable seats, the buffet had prime rib and crab legs, and there is an hourly shuttle going to the strip. A good place to stay if you are on a budget.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for being a valued guest and for the 4 star rating! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and we really do appreciate you saying we are a good value. Your feedback is very important to us and we will forward this to our management team. It really is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We went for a clinic but were impressed by not only the event center but the hotel and amenities, dining options, location at south end of the strip, it was not crowed due to the location and the service was great

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review and the 4 stars!! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer. We appreciate your feedback and will forward this to our management team. It really is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed in Las Vegas 7/22/14-7/29/14 and for the most part had a wonderful time. That was until I discovered that my credit/debit card information had been stolen by a cashier at the South point casino/hotel on the night of 7/23/14 when I used it to pay for my meal. I watched the cashier take my debit card and trace the name and numbers onto a piece of paper. It happened quickly and I wasn't so sure of what she was doing and did not want to start any conflict so I didn't say anything. She then ran my card through the machine and I signed and left. I did not use my card anywhere else for 24 hours and when I checked my online banking statement I saw fraudulent charges racking up to $938. It was a total nightmare and the last thing that you want to deal with while on vacation. My bank refunded the missing funds in a timely manner but it still caused a lot of stress for me. I decided to call the South Point Hotel/Casino to make them aware of the situation in case it was happening to anyone else and the Cafe manager was very rude and insulting when talking about the situation. It was almost as if she were defending the actions of the theif that stole my information. That is not what I expected to hear from a hotel/casino cafe manager.. but then again, it's Vegas The place itself was a dump. It smelled musty/smokey and def appeals more to the elderly crowd.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
hoteloperations2014, Hotel Operations at South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share the details your recent visit. We understand that our management team has tried to contact you. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced and we hope this will not deter you from a future visit.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stay at the South Point Hotel whenever I visit Las Vegas. My father and I used to go open after it had just opened, and since then no other hotel in Vegas can compare in my mind. Their pool is large and amazing (and their hot tub is even better), there are plenty of restaurants for the whole family to enjoy, the movie theater is large and amazing, the bowling alley is fun and cheap after midnight, the arcade is fun for younger people, and the hotel feels safe. The beds are nice and the rooms are always clean. If you're going to Las Vegas, I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
hoteloperations2014, Hotel Operations at South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Wow, thanks for the awesome review and the 5 stars!! We are so glad to hear you say that we’re your favorite place to stay. Your feedback is very important to us and we will share this with our management team. Thanks for making the South Point your place to stay and we look forward to serving you again.

Logansport, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The hotel charged my card twice for the hotel room I was in for conference!!! To the tune of $300! Absolutely ridiculous! Room smelled like cigarettes - whole place did. Room AC never really got cold so it was hot in there. Overall very displeased with my experience there.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay at the South Point Hotel. We are sorry to hear your stay was not an enjoyable experience. We would like to research this but we would need you to provide to us some information i.e., name, date of stay, email and/or phone number. With this information, we will be able to look into what occurred and after we have researched this in detail, we will contact you. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hotel Operations

Been to South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa? Share your experiences!