“Favorite Hotel... Ever.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa

You added South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa to your Saves list
South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9777 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89183 (Enterprise)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
Trip Advisor Promotion
Ranked #65 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Favorite Hotel... Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stay at the South Point Hotel whenever I visit Las Vegas. My father and I used to go open after it had just opened, and since then no other hotel in Vegas can compare in my mind. Their pool is large and amazing (and their hot tub is even better), there are plenty of restaurants for the whole family to enjoy, the movie theater is large and amazing, the bowling alley is fun and cheap after midnight, the arcade is fun for younger people, and the hotel feels safe. The beds are nice and the rooms are always clean. If you're going to Las Vegas, I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
hoteloperations2014, Hotel Operations at South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Wow, thanks for the awesome review and the 5 stars!! We are so glad to hear you say that we’re your favorite place to stay. Your feedback is very important to us and we will share this with our management team. Thanks for making the South Point your place to stay and we look forward to serving you again.

Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
  • Korean first
Logansport, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The hotel charged my card twice for the hotel room I was in for conference!!! To the tune of $300! Absolutely ridiculous! Room smelled like cigarettes - whole place did. Room AC never really got cold so it was hot in there. Overall very displeased with my experience there.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
hoteloperations2014, Hotel Operations at South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay at the South Point Hotel. We are sorry to hear your stay was not an enjoyable experience. We would like to research this but we would need you to provide to us some information i.e., name, date of stay, email and/or phone number. With this information, we will be able to look into what occurred and after we have researched this in detail, we will contact you. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anaheim, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed here during 4th of July weekend with the kids. Love that the kids were able to bowl at the hotel while we went down stairs to the sushi Restaurant . Beautiful hotel off the strip and low rates compare to what you would pay on the strip. Although the strip is only a 15 minunte drive this a great hotel to stay with family or with just friends. The bars have great deal on drinks ( many to choose from) and the buffett is worth the long lines !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
hoteloperations2014, Hotel Operations at South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you so much for the 4 star rating. We are so glad to hear your enjoyed your first experience at our property. Your feedback is very important to us and we will forward your comments to our management team. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stayed at South Point with my family and found this place to be AWESOME! I really enjoyed our stay and everything it had to offer. I will be back! I really enjoyed the Garden Buffet and found it to be very affordable. While in Vegas I went to the Excaliber and had their buffet only to be disappointed. Way over priced. South Point beat that place hands down! I loved the room and my city view, as well as the kids did also. If your not much on big crowds and lots of people to maneuver around, this place is perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wow, thanks for the awesome review and the 5 star rating!! We are so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your overall experience. We appreciate the feedback and we will forward your comments to our management team. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

It's off the Strip but the price was reasonably good, cheaper Resort Fee ($14 per night) compared to many hotels on the strip. Check-in/check-out were quick. WIFI worked very well. We had a wonderful night sleep; would definitely come back again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being a valued guest and for the 4 star rating! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your overall experience. Your feedback is very important to us and we will forward this to our management team. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you do not care too much about being at the Strip, this hotel may be perfect! We stayed here and only have good things to say about this hotel. The food choices are excellent, especially the Mexican restaurant. Very reasonably priced and decent quality of food.

The hotel is fairly inexpensive,perhaps due to not being at the Strip. For this quality you will pay more than double or triple (we did) for similar luxury at the Strip. The buffet at the hotel is also very nice.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a view towards LV downtown is a better option
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wow, thanks for such a great review and for the 5 star rating! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your overall experience and we appreciate you saying we are an excellent choice. Your feedback is very important to us and we will forward this to our management team. It really is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

With all the choices in LV, we decided on the South Point, to our delight it is an excellent decision. We had stayed there for a few overnighters before but this trip was 4 days giving us time to experience what the South Point had to offer. The rooms as so many others have commented on are very spacious, the bed comfortable but bring your own pillow; theirs do nothing to contribute to a sound snooze, and snoozing is exactly what our party did.
Traveling with friends, the six of us encountered many, many polite and interesting staff member s working to ensure we were having a good time, and since we will be going back in Oct. that would indicate we did. With the exception of one cocktail waitress who while playing on a slot machine reached in front of my face to pass a drink to my husband she promptly started to walk away without presenting mine, I asked her why as she was leaving with my drink, she snottily comment that I ignored her. Hmmm…. I said, I would have thought since you called out my husband’s drink you could have done the same or me, me especially since I am sure the Casino wants me to be spending my money at gaming and not giving you the attention you seem to need. Enough about her she really did not deserve that much time.
We had a delightful time in a spacious casino with a good variety of slots, (beware, the fishing slots are tons of fun but extremely inconvenient for a lefty’s such as I, to cross your hands over the reel in the fish as part of the competition for rewards, I did play anyway for the one time experience.
The Gym was exceptional, the spa very comfortable, good ventilation throughout with consistent temperatures.
One word of caution, while my hubby spent over 4 hours a day at the craps tables, if you don’t give them your players card you will not be considered for any comps, This was a BIG disappointment, lesson learned.

Room Tip: Wifi worked best in the room, elsewhere, not so much, which compared to so many other hotels was pre...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Wow, thank you for such an awesome review and for the 5 stars! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your overall experience and we appreciate you saying we are a winner. We are very sorry to hear about your experience concerning our cocktail staff. We will address this and we want you to know that this is definitely not the type of guest service we train our staff for. It really is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Hotel Operations

Been to South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa? Share your experiences!