Always look forward to our stays at South Point just with the slightest hesitation. The rooms are well maintained. Its a self supporting oasis with things to do including the movie theater.
Check in was fast and I had the same agent as my last 2 visits. I used my UPGRADE method: reserving the absolutely cheapest room, handing my ID, credit card with a twenty dollar bill folded between them but showing. When asked about room type or opportunity arises, I mention the floor, area and bed type saying "I know your busy but do you happen to have a room..... and state what i want.
If your in a hotel and they push the money back leave it where they push it. Still ask for a certain room type, ( if u dont know ask for "something nice" ) Then when given the room key packet push it back toward them "thats for you thanks SO much")
My only complain is that the food here is just average. nothing remarkable. I hear Michaels Gourmet room is great at 250.00 a head but Id rather go to Guy Savoy. Coffee shop had special with old vegas pricing from Midnight to 6am. The "specials" are ok. The Italian I found to be not good, The Prime Rib was good but I was also with a fun group.
They do aggressive promotions if you sign up with the players club so be sure to do that even if you dont gamble. The property has a (paid) shuttle service that takes you to and from the strip. They have now added FREE internet! a real plus for me since hot spots are weak in this area
* * If you find this helpful please click helpful so I know if im being coherent :-) Thanks! *
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa is located in the heart of the premiere southwest Las Vegas valley, just minutes away from the famous Las Vegas Strip. Our distinctive hotel features spacious rooms and suites with 42-inch plasma televisions, Point Plush mattresses and Wireless Fidelity throughout. Some of our many amenities include a world class spa and fitness center, a 16-screen Century Theatre movie complex, a 64-lane bowling center and a handful of restaurants that cater to all appetites and tastes. Our casino features a large selection of table games and the latest slot and video poker machines. A unique feature to this property is its Equestrian Center, which is the finest horse facility in the country. South Point also has a fabulous 400-seat showroom that features headliner entertainment and dancing to live bands on weekends. Stop by the South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa today, we are sure you will want to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Vegas.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Point Las Vegas
- South Point Hotel Las Vegas
- South Point Casino
- South Point Hotel Casino
- South Coast Casino