“Great place for a family trip to Vegas!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #25 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Western Australia
“Great place for a family trip to Vegas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, great little convenience store open 24 hours in the lobby which is reasonably priced also. Our two bedroom apartment was huge, fantastic for a family of 5. The Miracle Mile Mall across the street was great for dining or a bit of shopping. Great stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We exchanged our week in Orlando to The Grand Chateau from June 14 - 21. We were given a room on the 34th floor overlooking Harmon Ave. and Planet Hollywood Casino with limited views of the strip. With a higher floor room, we never had to wait for an elevator more than 30 seconds or so. Yes the pool is small, but we didn't go to Vegas to hang out by the pool. The views from the rooftop bar are spectacular, especially at night. The staff was very friendly and more than willing to help with our weeklong plans. Parking is free, but you have to use their valet service to get your car from the garage. Just plan on a 5 minute wait while they retrieve it for you and a small tip each time. They also have a shuttle service to a Walmart if you need to purchase groceries for the week. With the kitchen in our unit, we ate breakfast and/or lunch in our unit each day.
The location of this hotel is about a half-a-block from the strip and about the 50 yard line of all the casinos on the strip. We were able to walk to the MGN and the Tropicana one morning and then crossed the strip and explored NYNY and The Cosmopolitan. On another day we walked to some of the casinos to the north. Across the street at Planet Hollywood, they have many places to eat in their mall. We liked this place so much, we have planned a return trip to Vegas and The Grand Chateau next year sometime.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a strip view. Our view was a partial strip view, but we also h...
Hudson, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We are Marriott owners at this resort since 2009. We stayed in a lockout for a week. Sat -Sat. I will not stay here again until construction is finished. Every morning promptly at 6 am or so the noise begins and continues. Thursday morning was especially irritating when the noise started at 4 am. We brought earplugs since we knew of the construction ahead of time. They didn't help. We could have got more sleep in our car. I really don't think the project work planners even considered the guests, as it was quieter in the afternoons than the early morning hours.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Grand Chateau, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Marriott's Grand Chateau. As owners of this resort since 2009, we regret the construction impacted your stay with us. We would appreciate an opportunity to personally address your concerns. Please contact us at customer.care@vacationclub.com or at 800 860 9384. .
Foster City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We got a big suite for ourselves and the view from the room was amazing. Check in and check out didn't take a lot of time and the valet parking staff was really efficient too. The suite was well equipped - dishwasher, washing machine etc - everything you could ask for. All and all - a very good experience.

Canyon Country, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was confused by the name of the property. I didn't feel like it should be called a Chateau because that led me to believe there would be some French influences...there were not. The villas are very generic in the sense that they look very typically "Marriott". They were large in size. My four adult daughters & I stayed in a two bedroom/two bath for seven days.The rooms were adequate size for the 5 of us. I was not bugged to attend the time-share presentation because before I arrived I told the Marriott representative who telephoned me that my husband would not be joining me for the trip. I did get a strip view room after ASKING the girl at the desk if there was any possible way to get one...We stayed on the 10th floor. We had a nice strip view (as much of the strip as you can see from the property.) Upon check-in, no one explained to me how trash pick-up worked at this property. I called the desk and someone came up to collect our trash one day. Another time I called the desk, the person answering told me to deposit it down the hall into the room marked TRASH. We did not notice this room before she mentioned it!
We washed our towels daily. The in-room dryer took hours to dry a load. Bring your own dryer sheets & laundry detergent if you plan on doing laundry.( I like the pod type detergent for trips & small washer loads.) The first night, I walked down to the Marketplace because we were too tired to leave the hotel for dinner. I paid a fortune for a frozen pizza and some drinks there. Not to mention a travel size toothpaste was almost $3 at the Marketplace. It certainly was convenient, but you pay for that convenience. I really missed not having a restaurant on site. My older daughters were bummed that there was no casino attached to the property. The valet for the property was usually pretty quick. We waited no longer than 10 minutes each time we needed our vehicle. We tried an interesting, old Casino/Cafe at a nearby property called Ellis Island. It is one of those places I've looked at each time I've visited Vegas over the years, and never ventured into. It is a micro-brewery (They brew their own Root Beer, too). We enjoyed our meal there, and won a little on the FREE play we got for signing up for their player's card, too.
We visited the MOB Museum- downtown. A very comprehensive-interactive experience. It was almost $75 for the 5 of us to enter the museum, plus $5 for parking. We ate downtown at the Golden Nugget in the Chart House Restaurant. We got parking validated in the restaurant. On the strip, a meal to note was at The Quad Hotel/Casino in the Hash House a-Go-Go. Everyone enjoyed the food. We saw Frank Marino's show called DIVAS. It is a drag show. I asked for tickets at the Marriott's Concierge's Desk. They gave us discounted tickets. I think it cost just under $150 for four of us to sit on the main floor during the show. I have seen this show a few times in the past. It is always an entertaining evening! We drove out to the Ethel M Chocolate Factory. It is VERY short. Not much to see. We got two samples and then we were led into a large gift shop. Pricey chocolate. Not much of a "tour". We spent a morning/afternoon at the North Outlets. The Marriott is just minutes away from the airport and also just a few miles away from Premium Outlets. My daughters found Deals at the COACH store. One evening, two of my daughters walked across the street to Planet Hollywood to get food from Earl of Sandwich. The sandwiches were decent and reasonably priced. I was recovering from a knee surgery, so this trip was about relaxing. The villa was comfortable. I enjoyed the in-room large tub. The dual head shower was also a nice feature in the larger side of the villa. One thing that was annoying was the nightly telephone message from the desk detailing the upcoming day's events. The events were listed on the paperwork given to us upon check-in. The message button would flash each night with this message. The person reading the message had a very thick accent, so understanding what she was saying was difficult. I found this a little odd. I called the desk about a light that was out in the room. It was repaired very quickly- while we were out. The engineer left us chocolates and his card after the repair was completed.We shopped for groceries at nearby Von's, & Walmart. Cooking in the room is challenging since it is not even supplied with salt & pepper. I booked this property on Interval International. It was an exchange. I got two weeks in two bedroom Marriott properties in exchange for a week of our Starwood timeshare( 2 bedrm Westin/Kauai). I was also offered a "deal" before checking out for an additional stay. It was a recorded message left the night before we checked out. Check out was strange. The nightly message noted that we could check out by phone by dialing *22. Well, I dialed * 22 and there is no answer, ring, or anything. I figured it didn't go through. Then ten minutes later, two ladies from housekeeping were at the door. Obviously, dialing *22 alerts housekeeping to your intended departure because I called down at 0830 and they were at my door at 0845am. Check out time is 10am. As an exchange, the property was adequate. We usually just get two adjoining hotel rooms while in Vegas for my husband and our daughters. This hotel did offer more square footage, but we did miss the usual hotel amenities- restaurants, casino & self parking while in Las Vegas. If you are planning on staying longer than a few nights or you have small children, this property might work well for you. We did not even go up to look at the pool. One of my daughters visited the gym. It was well appointed.

Chino Hills, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here June 13 -18th. The place looks nice from the street. There is no restaurant or casino - which I was aware of before we stayed here. The rooftop pool is VERY SMALL and the bar is also like something you would find at a wedding, except I've seen better equipped bars at weddings. The view at night was GREAT! This is advertised as on the strip. It is not on the strip. It is one block from the strip. The room we had overlooked a dirty parking lot, a daycare center and of course, the construction of the new towers they are building. The construction noise wasn't as loud as I thought it was going to be but it was annoying and we had a view of it from our room 2318. The front desk gave us earplugs which helped. They do not offer pay per view, or check out from your tv. They have Direct TV which didn't work the WHOLE day we were there. The front desk offered us DVD rentals( very old titles) and gave us a bag of microwave popcorn. We attended the sales presentation. The saleslady was nice but the other two were rude once we said we were not happy with the hotel. (You would think they would be used to people not wanting to pay for timeshares) I would not stay here again. There are a lot nicer places to stay for the price of this place.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the construction noise. It didn't matter- we overlooked the constr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
north olmsted, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just spent a week at the Grand Chateau and was extremely pleased by the location, services, and quality of our two bedroom suite. We were on the 35th floor and had a fantastic view of the the Strip. We were located away from the construction noise so it did not bother us at all! The rooftop pool is small but nice. The location is perfect....right in the middle of the Strip close to everything. We saved money by eating breakfast in our condo, and there are many places to eat close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the strip, high floor, away from construction.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Grand Chateau? Share your experiences!