“Comfortable location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
NJ
“Comfortable location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Marriott Grand Chateau is in a great location even for those who want be on the stripe, the Marriott is only a few steps from Planet Hollywood’s Harmon street entrance. It is also a non-gaming hotel (no casino) so you can walk to your room in the evening without filling you lungs with casino smoke.

I’ve stayed at the Grand Chateau twice and would go back again and again. The hotel is currently building a new tower, so you may get some construction noise depending on your floor. We were there in November and for one day it was all jack hammering noise – we were on the 25th floor.

Although there is no restaurant at the Marriott however, there is also no shortage of places to eat in walking distance. Marriott is known for quality accommodations, so it goes without saying that the rooms (villas) are beautiful and fully equipped.

If you are driving or rent a car, then the valet parking will no doubt be ideal for you. They also offer free wi-fi through the facility. I do like that after hours there is security at the elevators. You have to show you card key to get past security and also need your key to operate the elevator. Once the construction is completed, the Marriott will have an on-site restaurant and larger swimming- more reasons to enjoy staying there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel has a very good location. It’s right across the street from Planet Hollywood and the Mile High Shops.
The lobby is nice and big and it has a small store in there, in which you can buy things like you’d find in a convenient store.
There weren’t a lot of other amenities. There is no casino there or restaurants. I guess they figure you can walk over to the Mile High Shops or The Bellagio to eat, shop, or gamble.
They do have free valet for their guests and the rooms are laid out nicely. It of course, as most timeshares, has a full kitchen, and a washer and dryer within the room.

My main complaint about this place was that the walls were paper thin. You could hear everything, so there wasn’t a lot of privacy within the unit itself. We had a 2 bedroom unit, as a friend of mine owns the timeshare. Also, because of the thin walls, there was a lot of noise from the outside, even though we were on the 14th floor.
I personally wouldn’t pay to stay there again.
I think the main thing this place has going for it is its location.

Room Tip: This is a time share type resort. The noise was quite high both during the night and the daytime. Th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you need lots of room and like the feeling of staying in a vacation rental then this hotel is for you. We had a 2 bedroom villa for 4 people and it was perfect. My sister did stay on the pullout in the living room for a couple of nights and she said it was comfortable for a sofa bed. Nicely decorated, and more modern than expected. The master bedroom had a vanity in it, which my daughter really loved. Had one of those nice magnifying mirrors that you can pull out and do up close up eye makeup. Beds were pretty good, a little harder than I like but sleepable. The other bedroom was its own hotel suite with a small fridge, sink, coffee pot. It also had a table and couch. And the closet was huge. Nice full length mirror on the door.

We had Vons deliver groceries to us. We had bagels in the morning and I made bacon and eggs. The kitchen is well stocked and I had no trouble cooking. There is a Walgreens up the street for last minute stuff(the market downstairs is expensive). The icemaker worked great. The washer and dryer came in handy. Coffee they give you is strong so only half a package is needed for a full pot of coffee.

Now for my complaints, the pool is a dissapointment but I went in January so it wasn't a big deal. We didn't need housekeeping everyday(we stayed 4 nights) but when we called to request it they didn't come. They said it was because we had out privacy signs out, but we made a point of taking them off before calling down. They ended up coming later while we were out. No fans in the bathroom is another complaint. Don't understand why some hotels don't have them. In my opinion fans are a must. One of my biggest complaints was the checkout. The checkout is 10:00am, which is really early in my opinion. I stay at Marriotts on a regular basis and sometimes get a late checkout if I need it. So when I called down and asked for one I was really surpised at how reluctant they were to accomodate me. First they offered 11am, I countered with 12pm. After a hesitation they said ok. The next morning as we were getting ready to leave(11:55) housekeeping was banging on the door and came in without waiting. Felt like we were being kicked out.

We didn't use the free parking or valet but the attendants were helpful with cabs. Besides checkout the front desk was great.

Would stay here again, since the location is perfect and the price is right.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here in December and this was my 3rd time to Vegas. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a view of Planet Hollywood, Hilton and the strip. All appliances in the kitchen were nice and up to date furnishings. We were travelling with my fiance's family so we ended up sleeping on the pull out couch. It was surprisingly comfortable for a pull out, felt like memory foam. Very nice! Loved the jacuzzi tub in the master bath and the 2nd bathroom was nice as well. Can't beat 31st floor!

The staff was very friendly and Fi's parents really got along with the rooftop bartender. The rooftop pool and jacuzzi looked nice, but was way too cold out for me to even think about wearing a swimsuit. Great location, just off the strip maybe a 2 minute walk. Across the street is the planet hollywood shopping mall so plenty of choice for restaurants close by. The hotel did have a small convenience store for snacks/necessities. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
North Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's been a little while since we stayed at the Marriott Grand Chateau, but really enjoyed it. Another couple joined my wife and I in a 3 bedroom, 3 bath until which was both spacious and well appointed. The 3 bedroom unit was a ridiculous (in a good way!) 2100 square feet, had a large living room, full sized dining area, and complete/fully equipped kitchen plus washer and dryer. Two of the bedrooms had King beds, the third had 2 Fulls. The pool area is on the roof, and yes, the pool is tiny (after all, it's on the roof!) so it doesn't compare to some of the great pools in Vegas (like at Hard Rock Casino or Mirage). But hey, it's a pool and a bar, and who goes to Vegas to spend much time at the pool anyway? I've noticed a few complaints from other reviewers about the Grand Chateau, mostly related to service etc. Gotta bear in mind that this is essentially a time-share that also rents units, and thus it was not built as a full service hotel, i.e. no restaurant, etc., but if you're looking for incredibly spacious lodging that also offers the option of stocking your kitchen with food and saving on restaurant costs, then this place fits the bill. (the old days of cheap meals in Vegas are virtually gone!). FYI, this is right next to Planet Hollywood Resortm so while my buddy and I were in business meetings during much of the day the wives would wander next door for gin and tonics at the PH bar...those dogs! :) Will happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kaneohe, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great staff, from the minute you arrive. Very spacious 2 bedroom. This is the way to DO Vegas. Comfortable beds, well stocked kitchen.
Location is Great too. Planet Hollywood is 2 minute walk, food, & shopping. MGM on the other side as well. Our room had a great view of City Center ... Get a strip view room, for sure. Nice!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in July and had a fantastic time. Great location, very clean, huge rooms and very good beds!
Valet parking was very good with very friendly staff. Within 500 yards of the strip yet very quiet at night.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Marriott's Grand Chateau? Share your experiences!