“if you want great memories I would suggest another chapel!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 267 Attractions in Las Vegas
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Cultural
Falls City, NE
“if you want great memories I would suggest another chapel!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

When planning the wedding I looked on here and got the impression that there were a few things wrong like every chapel, but it looked like great fun so we decided to us it anyway. WRONG! To begin with I should have noticed after we put the deposit down I never got any return emails. When I called to finalize everything they could not find my name for a while so they could make notes. Then whoever was on the phone just hung up... no bye nothing? But I guess its different there, I'm from the midwest and you say please and thank you for everything.
So it is the day of my wedding, the limo driver (who I was told by the chapel would pick an hour before our wedding) calls a half hour before while I am standing there with my wedding party and informs me that he will not be there tell a half hour after pick up time. I handled it nicely and told him we would just go on the bus with everyone else because I wasn't going to send everyone on their way to my wedding and just stand there and wave goodbye. He became very rude at that point and hung up the phone on me. Then we got to the chapel and of course they tried to smooth it over and told me they would not get any money off due to it being included in the package. Ok whatever lets get this show on the road!
They then walk us around the corner to the outdoor gazebo, ITS IN THE PARKING LOT! Wow, little heads up would have been nice, we had 18 guests from all over the united states come for a wedding in the parking lot!
Ok, roll with the punches! So now the put me and my groom in this small room, by the way the minister was great, made us feel really welcomed, BUT NOT THE PHOTOGRAPHER!
So the ceremony went with out a hitch, except my little flower girl but we knew she probably wasn't going to make it down the isle anyway. After the wedding they started taking photos and my mother in law snapped a quick one while the photographer went around the corner to get something. I thought the photographer and my mother in law where going to come to blows! The photo Nazi started yelling at her out of no where! This is my wedding woman, don't talk to her like that!!!! NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE! I guess it makes for a good story in years to come!
PS- then they made us take photos with the limo out front that never even picked us up!

Visited April 2011

manchester
“fabulous wedding 10.10.10”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

we had our wedding here on 101010 and it was fab. everything went to plan. the staff were lovely the limo driver was wonderful, the garden chapel at first looks a little disappointing as it is in th car park but it is actually lovely, the music is lovely the photographer that comes with the package is not the greatest but you can take lots of your own shots and the photo's are a little expensive. Overall we had a fantastic day and we would recommend it to anyone

Visited October 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Made my dream wedding a reality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I got married at Viva Las Vegas,On April 24,2010! It was the most awesome experience of my life! The staff was wonderful,the minister was fantastic,and the Main Chapel was even more than I imagined it could be.There is nothing "cheezy" about a Las Vegas wedding if you do it in style,and this my friends is style! I cant wait til our 10th Anniversary,because we will renew our vowels here.Thank you,Viva Las Vegas for making my dreams come true!!

Visited April 2010
New York City, New York
“Nickeled and Dimed to Death!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Avoid this place if your principles dictate that you not get nickeled and dimed to death!!! The limo picked up my fiance and since I elected to drive separately, they charged an additional $75.00!! That's right!!! An extra $75,00 just because I took a separate taxi. And then there was the photos. You can't take your own pictures and the photo prices are absurdly ASTRONOMICAL. And right at the end before we left, the photographer shamelessly demanded her tip envelope, which is something for which we had not been prepared. I'd look elsewhere.

Colchester
4 attraction reviews
“Made my vampire dreams come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

We were married on Halloween, and spent 3 years planning. The website and prior contact was first rate.

Nothing was too much trouble and they catered for our every need. We decided on having a Vampire theme wedding and was married by Dracula (the legend Ron Decar himself), he was in character throughout and was top notch.

The package included free live web cam so that the rest of my 'shocked' family could view back home and the option to archive so that my family did not have to wait until the early hours to check it out.

We arranged for two Limos to pick us up in seperate locations and they took all the hassle out.

The people in the chapel could of easily of treated us like attraction customers on a ride, however, they were attentive and appreciated that marriage is serious and looked after us very well.

The marriage was perfect and seeing our name in lights afterwards was a highlight.

If you go to Vegas to get married, this is the only destination worth going to