“Richard Petty Driving Experience” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #55 of 610 Activities in Las Vegas
Type: Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: Take the wheel or ride along at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
“Richard Petty Driving Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was a great time for 4 of us... My husband and I joined my best friend and her husband for this great time... Though us girls just watched and took photo's, it was a great time for us also...
The guys had HUGE GRIN's on their faces from the time we drove into the parking lot... Driving Fast and Legally doing so is everyone's Dream... These grown Men had a total blast driving 120MPH around a real track...

Visited December 2012

9 attraction reviews
“Confused”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I paid for the three lap ride and upon arriving at the track I noticed several people was doing the six lap ride so I tried to upgrade and I was told that I couldn't cuz a film crew was waiting on us to finish. Several minutes after I was refused the upgrade, an instructor came up and told the cashier to upgrade this other person. I am just confused why I didn't have time to upgrade but the person behind had time. I gave the "average" review cuz I don't like someone playing favorites!

PettyMarketing, Manager at Richard Petty Driving Experience, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We appreciate your business and want to thank you for visiting Richard Petty Driving Experience at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

We value our customers and always appreciate feedback, as we are constantly striving to improve the customer experience at-track.

After looking into your situation further, it seems that November 27th was not a normal day of operation for us at LVMS, as a television show was scheduled to be shot at the track in the afternoon. Therefore, we were unable to continue offering driving experiences and Ride-Alongs to our customers during this timeframe.

What we believe happened is that, when you were attempting to purchase another 3 lap ride, you overheard a driving instructor facilitating payment for a driving experience upgrade that had already been completed.

We apologize that we were unable to provide you with the requested upgrade. Please know that we try our very best to accommodate our customers whenever possible to ensure they have an unforgettable experience.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Please contact us at: info@drivepetty.com

Take care and thank you for your business.
Jackson, Missouri
35 attraction reviews
“Go Fast or BE LAST !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

While visiting Vegas in March 2011 for Monster Jam, we decided to just go look at the Las Vegas Motorspeedway to take a few pictures. Well, it did'nt take long for us wondering how much it was to drive a few laps. We had already driven and rode in the cars in St. Louis, MO several years prior too this, but this is a different track. The next day we were suited up and took our laps, I wish they would let you go a little faster, but I understand why. If you like racing and have never drove or rode in a car, then this is a must. When they ignite that motor, it will send goosebumps from head to toe.

Visited December 2011
Perth, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“160mph need I say more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Nascar experience 160mph 1 inch from the wall on a banked track , unbelievable. Drivers and staff are very professional. In car video of your experience is available. Do the hot laps or drive one youself. Worth doing when in Vegas.

Visited September 2012
Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
“Checkered Flag for the RPDE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have done the experience before but my girlfriend hadn't, so I surprised her with a Rookie Experience on a recent trip to Vegas. She loved it! The in-car instructor (Mark) was fantastic and made her feel comfortable with everything. She started out a little iffy but eased into it and before you know it, we running some respectable lap times. She said it was an experience of a lifetime, so I scored lots of points as did RPDE.

Visited November 2012