“Nice Spa” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spa at Harrah's
3475 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)
800-392-9002 ext. 5189
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 96 Spas & Wellness in Las Vegas
Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice Spa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2006

The Spa at Harrah's was very nice. From my group three of us booked a 1 hour massage. We booked about 2 weeks in advance and the ladies I spoke to on the phone were very helpful and courteous. They managed to set are appointments for all at the same time, which was nice. I had done some research online so I verified with the appointment taker that the price advertised on their website was still valid. She said it was.

The day of our visit, our party arrived about 90 mins before our treatments so we could enjoy the spa's amenities. The hot tub was in a nice cozy corner of the women's spa complete with a TV, lounge chairs, etc. We noticed there was quite a bit a hair floating in the hot tub so we picked up the courtesy phone and advised the staff of the problem. They came in immediately and had it cleaned up and taken care of. Very professional attitudes. All three of us enjoyed our massages. The massage therapist I had was very good and used the right amount of pressure for a Swedish massage.

When it came time to pay, We were each presented with a bill for $35 more than what we were quoted on the phone. I was shocked and I told the front desk that I was quoted a different price. She said that the prices were recently raised and that was what I would have to pay. I insisted I verified the price so she asked when I booked? I told her it was at least two weeks ago. So she went and got someone else so said that since the prices were just raised that week, they would honor our original quote.

The reason I rated a 3 and not higher was the lack of amenities. For the price they are now charging, I would expect a lot more. At similarly priced spas in Las Vegas there are juices, smoothies, spa water, thick soft robes, a variety of hair products, curling irons, lotion, cotton ball, etc... At Harrah's they had only bottled water, hair dryers, and scratchy robes. Also, the spa is starting to show some age. The lounge chairs are very uncomfortable. I was actually in pain from sitting in them. For the same price we could have gone to one of the newer, fancier spa's. Although the staff was pretty great, my friends and I all decided that we would not be going back to that spa. We each go to Vegas about 2 - 3 times a year and always book a massage. I don't need it to be super luxurious but if you are charging a luxurious price, give me a luxurious experience.