“Civilization in the Midst of Sin City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Mulino

Il Mulino
3500 South Las Vegas Blvd, Forum Shops, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)
702-492-6000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Mulino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 4,078 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Las Vegas Blvd
Prescott, Arizona
“Civilization in the Midst of Sin City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We decided to meet here, after peeking inside the restaurant from the Forum Shops area, and checking reviews on TripAvisor. I am so glad we did. It was our best meal while we were in Las Vegas (and we had some other fabulous meals).

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said in other reviews. But here's what made the experience special to me...

The restaurant enforces a dress code. No jacket required, but no shorts/t-shirts allowed either. The patrons were very well-dressed.

The interior design and atmosphere of the dining room is very upscale and old-school Italian. Chandeliers, white tableclothes, candles, and nice music that wasn't too loud. Quite lovely.

Portions are large. If you want a pasta dish, you might want to ask for a half portion. I wasn't even able to finish that.

Save room for a Cannoli, for Heaven's Sake!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

NY
“Great food & service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The service was impeccable & the food was great. I was a little bummed they didn't have my wine but I got something else instead. Definitely pricey but worth it. The only thing it was missing was a view of the strip.

Visited March 2014
Midland, Texas
“Wow amazing food service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had already read reviews but stumbled upon this restaurant completely underdressed, I had on a nice pair of jeans and a Caribbean T-shirt, my wife was also underdressed as well mainly because it was raining and we had a bit of walking to do because it was Vegas. We did not order wine I had beer and my wife had iced tea. We did not even have a reservation either on a Friday night.

We arrived and we were seated immediately we had great service and all the free appetizers were delicious. My wife hates tomatoes but she loved the ones that came with the bruschetta I am glad I got her eating them again.

Our drinks were always promptly refilled and the wait staff was incredibly friendly. I had a Caesar salad, veal parm and spaghetti carbonara, and I could not finish it. The spaghetti was a side so they only charged half price for it. I am a big guy too with a healthy appetite and if I were reading this I would think I can eat more but trust me I am about 300 lbs and 6'2" and rather muscular. If you tried to finish this you would be sick and it is hard not to, but the veal parm is literally the size of the dinner plate covered with cheese and sauce when I saw it coming I thought someone ordered a pizza then it was put in front of me. My wife and I could have split the entree and got the pasta and that would have been enough food for both of us. The veal was so good and the spaghetti carbonara was amazing with plenty of pancetta bacon. I have been fantasizing about going back there so I could finish an order of that spaghetti. This is definitely a 5 star place and would eat here every day if I could afford it.

Sao Paulo, Brazil
“A Classic Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

If you are looking for a classic italian restaurant, you have found it. From the Parmesan cheese before starters through dessert (if there is any room left) , everything was perfect.
Old fashion, same quality. Couldn't do better!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Adelaide, Australia
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This place was so beautiful. I would suggest to try book a table because it gets very booked out. We went on a week night and it was packed we had to eat at the bar, but let me tell you was so worth it! The bartenders were great waiters/bar staff. Didn't even notice we weren't sitting at a table to be on honest. The food was impeccable!!!! Everything was great here - we would definitely come back here and tell everyone to try this place out!! One of the best Italian restaurant's I have been too. Also very romantic with the lights dimmed down low.

• Visited February 2014