“Beautiful option” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #222 of 685 things to do in Las Vegas
Activities: Skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort offers skiers and riders an excellent mountain experience just 50 miles from the Strip. Many have found it fun to ski and ride during the day and return to the glitz and glamour for night life. The Resort averages over 300 days of sunshine and 240 inches of annual snowfall. The resort offers 195 acres of lift served terrain as well as 250 acres of hike-to terrain. "The Strip" Terrain Park also offers a variety of freestyle features including jumps and assorted rails. Guests can also visit the Bighorn Grill or Bristlecone Bar for dining and beverage options.
Panama City, Panama
“Beautiful option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

If you have kids and want to get away from the hustle and bustle of Sin City, LVSSR is a great place. We did not venture into renting skis or boards as we lack the appropriate clothing, and renting the whole mumbo jumbo seem a little bit expensive for out big group. We did enjoy hot chocolate and a quick bite at the restaurant, which was fairly good, yet overpriced.
Anyhow, we had the luck of a brisk snow and weather was absolutely gorgeous, so we really expended almost the whole time outdoors

Visited February 2014

Henderson, Nevada, United States
39 attraction reviews
“Not really what I pictured...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I went snow boarding for the first time and used their complimentary lessons. The instructor I had (Joey) was very nice and helpful and did not make me feel as stupid as I am sure I looked... my friend however did the ski lessons and said her instructor was a complete jerk and acted like she should have already known everything.

For skiing and snow boarding this place has the slopes for all levels but for atmosphere I felt it lacked hugely. There is a small bar and cafeteria style place for food but I was expecting a bit more I guess. An actual restaurant and lodge would have been nice for people not on the slopes.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“It's not Europe…. but it is in the desert.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Despite the whole resort being advertised as "open" when it clearly was not we had fun. Really there were only two runs which fully were covered. One of the blacks we looked at was not a run and never will be… it was a small rocky valley maybe 30 feet wide, that you'd have been better off and safer with on a mountain bike. There was a 6 foot rock half way down with intermittent patches of snow.

It's worth going as it's a unique place to ski but don't expect much more than 2 or 3 mid sized slopes. The others "runs" I couldn't even make out from the chair lift.

The altitude caught us out, it's around 9000 feet so we struggle for the first few hours. Food was reasonably priced considering it's a ski resort.

Banff, Canada
“Beautiful! Terrible food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My entire familly was ill for 2 days because of food poison from yhe burgers. Otherwise, the view was great.

Lawai, Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
“AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We visited from Hawaii and found this a great place to do a wonderful daytime activity. I didn't like skiing 8 years ago, but thanks to the friendly instructors (Steve and Carmela). AWESOME instructors!!! I enjoy skiing very much now. I got on the skis 2 days in a row, we stayed from open at 9am to 3pm, and I plan to go skiing 2 more days. Also, special thanks to Brooks in the Ski Rental office. He gave us AWESOME customer service and very friendly. Thank you to all the workers there who made this a fun experience. I'm definitely do this again!!!

Mahalo!