“This place is a Dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #210 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Apple Valley, California
“This place is a Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

I Made the mistake of staying here for one week. When I checked in the small office looked acceptable, but when I went to room there was a large cockroach on the floor in the bathroom. The table in the kitchen and the chairs were some mismatched pieces that appeared to come from a dumpster. the place is old, and the hallways are narrow and musty smelling. The building was a smoking building, and the patio was full of ashes. The couch was just a mess, in order to sit on it I covered it with an old sheet.We placed a bag with some old food on the patio, so I could place it in the trash the next morning. Some person had the nerve to leave a notice. They care about a bag on the patio, but don't pay any attention to the way the rooms look inside. The price was not by any way cheap. I threw away my linens that I used there, because I did not want to carry roaches away with me. I would never stay there again

Room Tip: Don"t even go there
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

After the first week we stayed there, we tried to pay a second week to Eva the manager. We were told that we would have to check out of our 2 bdrm...into a 1 bdrm....and back into a 2 bdrm. 2 days later. No call to let us know what was happening.
When it was time to pay the 2nd week..lots of phone calls...not to Eva...we managed to stay in the same room. My son dropped by and had a discussion with Eva, and then we were told, she wouldn't accept a third week, and we would have to move.
In the middle of the move, we were told to be out by 1130, or our belongings would be on the curb. After vacating, I was called by Eva and told there was an apt. full of dog droppings. She was charging my credit card, and putting me on a do not rent list. We dont have a dog! Worst experience at a weekly rental in Las Vegas ever. I think the strangest manager I've ever dealt with.

• Stayed June 2014
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed here last weekend. Overall it wasn't a terrible experience. We dealt with a lot of different staff members. Some were incredibly nice and helpful, others not so much. In our room we found at least 5 cockroaches, two of them alive. They wouldnt switch us rooms during the day since they were completely booked. They were willing to reimburse us a very small portion of our bill though. The pool and hot tub could be nice, but the weekend we were there, it needed to have some palm leaves and of the like pulled out of it before I wanted to go in. All the lounge chairs at the pool looked very sun damaged and unstable.
For a weekend in Las Vegas and spending little time at the hotel, despite the negatives, this place worked for us... however I could have done without the cockroaches.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at the Emerald Suites Cameron in January and had one of the most enjoyable stays ever. Upon arrival the office staff was very friendly and was quick to help in getting me checked in. The manager was there and even greeted me and showed me to the room. Upon getting to the room she reassured me that if I needed anything they were there to help and make the stay enjoyable. A couple of days into the stay I had a problem with the microwave and that same day it was repaired. When I needed some extra towels the housekeeper brought them to me was very pleasant.

I definitely will be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The location is great and that's the only good thing I can say about this place. This property is horrible. It's old, worn out and dirty. The carpet was disgusting and the furnishings are all beat up. The outside activity is what's really scary. There must have been a pimp, prostitute and drug dealer convention in town because they're all over the property. There's cars coming and going at all hours. They stop along the curbs, do their business and then fly out of the property. There's yelling and congregating going on 24/7. If you forgot to bring your cat, don't worry. There's wild cats all over the property using the pool and jacuzzi as a bathroom. The front desk staff was pretty nice but they obviously must stay in the office because I never saw them on the property or any type of security on the property. This place is bad news all around.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
San Diega
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

While traveling with some friends we were looking for a decent place to stay that was close to the casinos when we happened upon Emerald Suites on Cameron. This was one of the nicest places that I have stayed at for the price that I paid. The rooms were really nice and we were treated very nicely upon check in. The office staff was very helpful in pointing out some of the different things that there was to do while we were here for our vacation.
This is one place that I will definitely stay at again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our tale of woe is unbelievable and relates entirely to appalling customer relations - and we haven't even stayed there yet.This is a copy we sent to the General Manager.
Attention: General Manager,

Further to our phone contact earlier today, we are very disappointed with the interaction of our concern and the outcome. As a consequence of the unsatisfactory actions taken by you in trying to resolve this issue, we are informing you that we are cancelling the Reservation No. #... . We have satisfactorily made new arrangements elsewhere.

When we spoke to the reservation clerk, who was very pleasant and helpful, we had requested a 1-bedroom unit. She said she couldn't guarantee a one-bedroom but would try when we got there. However, if there wasn't one, we agreed to accept a 2-bedroom, even though the cost was higher. We gave her our credit card info, etc. and asked for a confirmation by email.

When the email came, it confirmed our reservation but added "RESERVATIONS NOT GUARANTEED." What does that mean, 'confirmed but not guaranteed'? I can arrive but have no room? Why am I booking a room well ahead of people just walking in? Why am I giving you my credit card number? You express concern about what happens if we show up late, or not at all? I make a suggestion to deal with that and you say the legal department has set it up so it can't be changed. Let me give you and your legal department a suggestion. Every hotel, motel and vacation rental deals with that, legally, in this example.

'guaranteed reservation policy:
...Hotel Name...will hold a courtesy reservation until 6pm local hotel time on date of arrival.
You may guarantee your reservation for arrival after 6pm by providing an accepted credit card or
sending advance cash prepayment directly to the hotel. Personal checks will not be accepted for
payment of charges.'

I have even had vacation rentals tell me to notify them if we will be arriving late. Sometimes the flights are late or, if arriving by car, other delays may occur. As long as you let them know that you will be late, they will save the room for you. If you are a no-show you will be charged for the first night (that's what the credit card is for). That would be a reasonable way to deal with that problem. Either you, your boss, or the legal department is under some misunderstanding of how such a situation is to be handled. I don't want to tell you how to do your business but what you're doing is appalling. And your handling of it, even worse.

I have to make one more point.

When you are dealing with an angry customer, remember you just might be in that situation one day, and with good cause. As a service representative you learn to deal with anger, not by responding with anger, and, definitely, not by hanging up on someone. I'm trying to tell you we booked expensive flights on the basis of ensuring we had a place to stay, and covered all our bases, we thought. Now we find we are not even guaranteed a room, any room. No one mentioned we might need to go to a 'sister' hotel. How would we get there? Will you pay for the cab? The possibility of that scenario should then, have been discussed before we booked. Overall, what happened here was extremely poor customer relations - in fact, the worst I have ever encountered. Good luck on your business if this continues. But it won't be with us or anyone else who asks us about your place.

From: Two very dissatisfied customers - And we haven't even stayed there yet.
Please be sure you cancel this reservation and delete our credit card number.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Emerald Suites Cameron? Share your experiences!