“Great customer service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from a less expensive hotel in Las Vegas. I spend half my life in hotels, from two stars to four stars, and I have never experienced a staff who made me feel more welcome or was more attentive to making sure my stay was a good one. The facility itself is clean, comfortable, safe, quiet. It is a short drive south of the main strip, with a shuttle to the southernmost big hotel - the Mandalay.

Room Tip: The junior suites are worth the upgrade if you want more space.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Richard B.,
I am very happy to hear that you prefer our off-the-Strip, non-smoking and non-gambling property to the casino hotels on the Strip. We really appreciate your business.
Your compliment about our most welcoming staff makes me feel extremely proud of our team and thank you for recommending our junior suites to your fellow travellers. We look forward to seeing you again. In the meanwhile, I wish you safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is clean and what you expect from a Hilton Family hotel. The staff was very friendly and put a lot of effort into making you feel comfortable as a guest. I recommend this hotel if you visiting Las Vegas and will certainly consider this location when returning to Las Vegas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for the kind review you posted on TripAdvisor and it was really kind of you to recommend our property to other travellers, as well. It is also great to hear that you consider returning to the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South. I will share your nice comment on the cleanliness of the hotel with the housekeeping team.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here for business recently. The hotel lobby was nicely decorated and appears pretty new. Room was nice. I was upgraded to a "junior suite". Looked just like a room at an Embassy Suites (see picture) except that there was not a physical door separating the bedroom from the rest of the room. Room was clean, HGI beds are adjustable and comfortable. Room was quiet. My rate included breakfast which was good. Made to order omelets and the standard buffet fare.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are grateful for you choosing our HGI for your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for posting that great picture of our junior suite! As you mentioned, our hotel perfectly fits the needs of corporate travellers with the shuttle service to the airport and Mandalay Bay/Town Suare, the business center and the quiet, smoke-free environment.
I am glad that you found the full, hot, made-to-order breakfast to you liking.
Thank you for all your businees and I hope our property will be your preferred one whenever you are in town.
Draper, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is a few miles from the strip if that's important to you. The room was in good condition. The only odd thing was the shower, water pressure and tempature varied greatly all on its own. The hotel was in sold out status, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad that we could provide you with the service and amenities that one would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. We appreciate you taking the time to post this nice review of our HGI. I hope we will always be your preferred hotel when you are in town. Safe travels, until we see you again!
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My initial visit to this HGI locale. The hotel was very nice, all the common areas were very clean, nicely appointed and modern. The exercise room was very good and above average for most hotels.
My guest room was very nice and was set up for work with a Herman Miller work chair! BONUS! I really liked the nice couch, two flat panel TV's (one in the living and in BR). My carpet was clean and the room was fresh.

I slept well in the adjustable bed and the room was quiet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am very happy to read the review about your recent stay and glad that you found the amenities of our hotel (fitness center, Herman Miller Work Chairs, flat screen TVs with HD channels) to your satisfaction. I will be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping team to appreciate their hard work keeping both the public areas and the guest rooms clean at all times. Thank you for staying at our property and I hope to see you return soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Excellent value for money.
Staff at reception are nice and friendly.
The girls who are in the breakfast/dinning area are the most cheerful. Friendly. Staff I've seen in a long time. .who welcome you with a smile every time they see you .. They can't do enough for you. ..
The rooms are very comfortable and clean. I would glady stay there again.
There is a mall close by . And lots of bars and eating places close
All in all a nice friendly chilled place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for the kind feedback on your stay at the HGI Las Vegas Strip South. I am glad to hear that the excellent service provided by our "breakfast girls" contributed to your enjoyment. It is difficult to find amazing team members, but I feel fortunate to work together with people like our hard-working, morning restaurant staff with their outstanding customer service skills, who have been loyal to our valued guests and hotel for years.Thank you for your business, and please, stay with us again when you are in town.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious. We enjoyed not being right on the strip with all the noise, but close enough to go when we wanted.
I read another review about a musty and stale odor, but we didn't encounter any bad odors at all.
It seems to us that the management and staff truly care about the customers and will try to be as accommodating as possible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. Here at the hotel we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location and amenities of our property to your satisfaction. We appreciate the nice comments and hope you will return when you are in the area next time.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South? Share your experiences!