“Great quiet location off the strip, very good all around non-smoking hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South

Special Offer
Bed N Breakfast Deal
Ranked #24 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Altamont, TN
“Great quiet location off the strip, very good all around non-smoking hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Not quite a full service hotel, nor is it the least expensive in Vegas, but it's quiet, not too far from the strip, has a free shuttle to the airport, Town Center, and Mandalay Bay. Rooms are clean, ours was a king suite so there was a living room as well as the bedroom. Microwave, refrig, coffee service all nice amenities, and the whirlpool bath was a pleasant surprise. Staff was really excellent, always happy to help, very responsive to every request. Would recommend it for both business and families. Meeting room staff very accommodating. Would recommend highly as a medium level hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for writing this nice review of our hotel. We appreciate the opportunity to host your group! I am glad that you found the staff and the amenities of our property to your satisfaction. Please, come back and stay with us in our spacious, junior suites again, should your travels bring you back this way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just south of the strip so you are near the action but not too close to hear all he party goers in the early morning. The restaurant/bar was really good and relaxing. My husband and I will stay there again for sure!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the realxing atmosphere at the Great American Grill and Bar contributed to your enjoyment. It is also good to know that the location of our hotel was convenient. Thank you for choosing our property and we would like you to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South next time, too, when you visit Las Vegas.
Bat Yam, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I rarely provide 5 starts ranking to hotel, especially after a stay of 10 nights. Usually after such a long stay one will find some issues with any hotel, but not at this Garden Inn.

From the moment I checked in I was treated like a family member. Each of the hotel personal greats you every-time you see them and if they have the time, they will open a conversation and show genuine interest in you.

The front desk staff, and especially the breakfast hosts, were wonderful. If I'll be in Las Vegas in the future, there's no doubt I'll choose this hotel without any second thoughts.

Room Tip: Try to get a 3rd or 4th floor rooms. The view of the mountains is very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
What a great review from a senior TripAdvisor reviewer! Thank you! I will make sure to let our staff know that they helped make your trip great. we are grateful to you for choosing our property for your extended stay and we look forward to seeing you back in your "Hilton family". Please, come back to us - a nice, junior suite with the moutain view again will be waiting for you.
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was working just across the California border and staying in Vegas. My first hotel selection was ok, but when I went to meet someone at the Hilton, I checked in next day. My assignment was extended and I ended up staying much longer than expected. I can't say enough good things about my stay at this Hilton. The hospitality of Everyone, from Dave and Andrea at the counter, to Susan, Laura,Pat,Lori,and Amber in the restaurant was better than I had ever experienced. Juan and the kitchen staff would go above and beyond to provide whatever you had a feeling for. Whatever was created, was always top notch.I recommend this hotel to all my friends because I know they will be treated as I have been, like family.

Room Tip: I spent most of my stay in room 434.Overlooking pool, and it had a whirlpool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Steve,
Thank you posting this wonderful review on the staff and the hotel. Our front desk agents, the shuttle drivers, the maintenance and housekeeper personnel and the restaurant team truly miss you, and all your friends at the Great American Grill and Bar feel the same way. We are grateful that you decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn all through the months you were in Las Vegas. Do not forget: you did promise to come back. We will be waiting for you with some warm cookies and cold beer. In the meanwhile, we wish you success in your career and happiness in your family.
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We luckily got a room here on Dec 30. It was a welcome relief to our journey. We had left San Diego around 7pm trying to avoid traffic heading into Vegas for New Years. We had planned on staying in Barstow but there was so little traffic I wanted to continue as far as we could, I sorta figured that would be Primm. But trying to get a room there proved too difficult so we pushed on. Luckily my wife called the Garden Inn and they had 2 rooms left.

We checked in quickly and got room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. The room was large and clean. It was also very quiet. It met all my expectations of the Hilton chain. It was right off 15 on the southern strip. There was a Starbucks in the strip mall to the south.

We wanted to get back on the road home so we did not eat the breakfast here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South and your kind review. I am sure our future guests appreciate the time you took to share your experiences. I am glad to hear that our hotel has met your and your family's expectations, with our spacious suites and the convenient location, close to I-15, the Strip and several restaurants. I hope you had a fantastic New Year's Eve. We look forward to your return and until then, safe travels!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A rare 5* review here, but this hotel is definately doing something right!

This hotel is conveniently located just down from the main hotels on the strip and NOT over the flight path of the airport which is key with non-strip hotels.

When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk agent Andrea had her hands full with two other cutomers and phone calls. She made sure to acknowledge all of us in line and apologized for the wait. As soon as she pulled up my reservation and profile, she acknowledged my Diamond status...sometimes a rare thing out there. I was assigned a fantastic room on the third floor facing the strip!

Because our stay was around New Years, we noticed that the hotel offers 'extras' to guests including a comp shuttle service to Mandalay Bay to to take part in the festivities. They even opened up their restaurant at 2am for all the party-guests to enjoy some food after spending hours on the strip. On New Years Eve most of the casinos prevent entry after 9pm, so food options are scarce. This was a great touch!

We will be back and do hope that the management keeps up the good work thus far. Bravo!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
A nice review like this from a TripAdvisor Top Contributor is a great honor! Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South with your fellow travellers. It is great to know that you were satisfied with the location of the hotel as well as the service provided by our staff. We understand how important it is for our Hilton Honors members, who spend half of the year or sometimes even more, away from their families to be appreciated once they are ready to check in at a hotel.
I am glad to hear that you liked the idea of the extended restaurant and shuttle hours on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. We wanted to make sure that nothing was going to stop our valued guests from having a fantastic time on the last day of 2012.
Thank you again for recommending us to others coming to Las Vegas.We look forward to seeing you back. On behalf of our entire team, I wish you a very happy new year.
Yuma, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed with them for a night before flying out the following morning for our visit to see our kids for New Year's. Location is great-nice and quiet. Our room was very clean and spacious.
We didn't realize we could adjust our bed-so we were cozy in the center of our bed. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. Great service and food in the restaurant/bar. We truly appreciated the ability to leave our vehicle for our vacation and the service for dropping us off and picking us up at the airport. That was an important feature for our decision to stay with you.
Only problem-we were in room 232--seemed to be a puffing noise every 60 seconds coming from somewhere. Was a little distracting when we went to sleep, but eventually fell asleep.

Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found our ‘Park-and Fly” program (free parking and 24-hour airport shuttle) useful. I hope you had a great New Year’s Eve with you kids, and you and your family will return to the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South soon. We will be waiting for you with the cozy beds in our spacious rooms and delicious food at the Great American Grill. Happy New Year!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South? Share your experiences!