“Great location and room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #27 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Diego, California
“Great location and room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was in town for the Rock 'n Roll Marathon and I gotta say, this is a very worthwhile - close enough to the glitz and glamor of the Strip, far enough for a little peace and quiet. On top of that, it's also pretty close to the airport too.

Rooms were pretty large and the beds were really comfy. Staff were friendly and very knowledgeable of the property. The front desk agent Richard was able to get the room that I requested and was really kind and courteous upon checkin. The only nitpick I could think of is that the shower in my room flooded water all over the floor every time I took a shower. Not a big deal in all honesty. Breakfast was great and loved the hot chocolate. The shuttle driver Erwin was really good in getting me from place to place, especially during race day when traffic getting to the start line was insane.

I wish I got to enjoy the pool and workout room, but I'd definitely stay here again next time I'm in town for business or if I decide to kill myself in a marathon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for the kind TripAdvisor review of the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South. I am happy to hear that you found the location of our hotel convenient and enjoyed our breakfast (though, who would not have enjoyed it after running for 3 hours). I will make sure to share your compliments with Richard and Erwin - they are real assets to our property. However, I myself, as a great fan of sports, believe that you and your fellow runners were the heroes of the day of the Rock'n Roll Marathon. Congratulations and we feel honored that you chose our hotel for your stay. We look forward to seeing you back and, in the meanwhile, we wish you happy holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Carson City, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Excellent Staff
Very good Food at the restaurant and bar.
The breakfast is excellent
They have a very good chef working the dinner meal.
Bar and wait staff very friendly
Rooms are clean and comfy.
Enjoy this place away from casinos

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the food and service at the Great American Grill was to your liking. I will chare your comments with chef Juan. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Recently stopped here after arriving from UK and before travelling on to San Diego. Chose as shuttle meant convenient though had to wait about 20 minutes at arrivals as shuttle was out but always pot luck. Apologetic driver but meant we also got a quick tour of city and lights! Room very comfortable and good nights rest, breakfast was great and excellent staff. Also access to business centre to use pc, no charge unlike Vdara!

Shuttle dropped us off at the car rental centre next day so worked out just as had hoped, nice and fresh to take on the drive to San Diego. Nice hotel and very comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our complimentary shuttle service to Mandalay Bay and the Airport Car Rental place convenient. We appreciate the excellent review and hope to see you return in the near future.
Valencian Country, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I got into LV after a 12 hour flight with a four year old and wanted a place that was close to the airport yet far enough away from the drunks and nightlife that we could actually get some rest. This hotel fit the bill for that perfectly. Given the wide selection of high quality (and not) hotels in the city the price is rather high, but if you choose the Hilton Garden Inn you are playing it safe. This may not be the Vegas way but not everybody who goes through the city wants the Vegas experience too. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the beds are very nice. Nothing exceptional with regard to the furnishings or bathrooms, but no complaints either. The business center was never busy and had everything you needed. I had the chance to stay in both a standard room and a suite and both were exactly what you'd expect. No complaints and no surprises.
Both the front desk and bar staff (I did not try the restaurant) did stand out as being exceptionally friendly and helpful.
Access to freeways with a car is optimal, and the airport is just a few minutes away. Their shuttle takes you to the airport and over to Mandalay bay. From there there is a tram to Excalibur which puts you right in the middle of the South Strip. There are plenty of low and mid-priced dining options in walking distance which are thankfully off the tourist track as well as a very good outlet mall right next door and a 24 hour minimarket about 200 yards from the entrance.
The hotel is a safe, clean, quiet, comfortable and banal place. If you have the slightest interest in the Vegas experience there are slightly less expensive or similarly priced options on the Strip that are likely to provide a good balance between quiet and contact with the casino wonderland. If you really want to avoid that, this is a great choice with a staff that will go above and beyond to make your trip pleasant.

Room Tip: I had two rooms on the 4th floor which were both comfortable and quiet, but the window facing west h...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found tha location and the amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Thank you for posting this detailed review of the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South - we are grateful for recommending us to other visitors, too. We appreciate your business and hope you will return , should your travels bring you back to Las Vegas.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hilton Garden Inns are predictable. This one has a wonderful staff including the dining staff. Try the french toast!
Located just South of McCarren airport. Convient to freeways, rental car return, and about 5-10 minuntes from Las Vegas strip. They also offer a free shuttle to Mandalay Bay and the nice shopping center next to Whole Foods and Frys Electronics.

Room Tip: in general a very quiet property.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
David R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and the amenities of our hotel satisfactory. Thank you for the compliments on our staff – I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.
R
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We can not make enough positive remarks about this Hilton Inn as a place to stay while vacationing in Las Vegas or as a venue for your wedding. As the mother of the groom, we weren't as involved in the details as the mother of the bride, but we did have a few things we wanted to provide. The wedding planner was amazing and incredibly patient with even last minute changes. Because our wedding party was so smalll, we were able to have the rehearsal dinner in the little restaurant just off the lobby, but there are privaHte rooms that are available as well. The food was delicious and the wait staff made it a point to learn all of our names and to greet each of us as we arrived for meals. They paid particular attention to the bride and groom, making them feel very special. The couple chose the waterfall venue for the evening ceremony and it was lovely. Afterward, we gathered briefly in one of the private rooms for the cake cutting and then the bridal party and young guests took off in a limo for a good time in Las Vegas. The wedding guests who were exhausted gathed in our beautifully appointed suite which had a separate living room where we could entertain. It is difficult to plan even the simplest of weddings from a distance, but the staff at the Hilton were so reassuring and guided us in our decisions, while staying responsive to our budgets and wishes. I highly recommend this property to anyone who is considering a wedding in Las Vegas who doesnt want to stay right on the strip. There is a complimentary shutte that will take your guests in and out town until 11:00, as well as taking them to and from the airport. Our deepest thanks to the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South for making our son's and his new bride's day so very special for us all!

Room Tip: Our king suite was located on the front of the building furthest away from the entrance. The bedroo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us to host your son’s wedding at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South and the Hawaiian Gardens. We hope that your guests experienced the unparalleled service for which we strive. I will be sure to share your comments on the great job they did with the wedding planner and our entire staff. Thank you for posting this wonderful, detailed review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to being a part of your future unforgettable moments.
Haywards Heath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had a few doubts about staying here, as whilst the hotel is on Las Vegas Blvd, it is some distance out of town - directly adjacent to the outlet mall, and some distance from Mandalay Bay, which is what mopst people regard as the start of the Strip itself.

But the doubts were unfounded. I stay at alot of HGIs so there were no surprises with the hotel layout, facilties etc. The room was a standard HGI room, big beds, fluffy towels etc, and breakfast was the usual buffet, with cooked to order hot food, as is the norm at other HGIs. All the staff without exception were friendly and helpful, going above and beyond to accomodate and be helpful.

What made this such a great hotel was the manageable size. You stay at Tropicana, or Mandalay Bay, or any of the big hotels, and the car park is 10miles from hotel registration. You hoof your bags through the casino, and then back again to get to an elevator to take you to the 27th floor, to find an average room, with paid for internet etc.

None of that at the HGI. I was able to park outside the hotel door for the whole stay, regardless of when I left and arrived, and I was able to get into my room in the time it would have taken me to get half way to the lift in another property.

The outlet mall is next door, and only 2 minutes away is Silverton hotel casino - off strip, but very nice, and for me, profitable. So just because one is not in the heart of the strip does not mean that there are no shopping or gambling opportunities. And it is not too much of a hardship to drive to somewhere like the Mirage if you do want to get into the heart of it all.

So, even though I gambled, this was a great location. Stress free, I will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you taking a moment to share your experience. I am glad to hear you found the service and the amenities of the Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South to your liking. We hope our hotel will be your choice every time you visit Las Vegas and we will make sure to keep coming up with delicious dinner specials. Thanks again for the kind words and we really hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South? Share your experiences!