“Can't beat this Hilton” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
North Royalton, Ohio
“Can't beat this Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We came here because Irene changed our flight plans. Hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport.

What a wonderful hotel, modern, up to date conveniences.
Very quiet, restful night.

Restaurant and bar in lobby.

Best place I've stayed in. It truly rates 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I love this place. We travel from California to Utah 4 or 5 times a year. Rather than make the trip it one day we now make a habit of stopping off for a night or two at the HGI Strip South. It is a clean, quiet, well managed property with everything you need for a relaxing stay. We typically drag in about 4 Pm after a full day of driving and cool off in the pool,. I like the fact we don't have to leave the hotel for dinner. My husband gives the hotel extra points for the comfortable chair in the room and because the fitness center includes free weights. The staff is friendly and welcoming. Overall a well managed, well maintained property. Kudos Dave.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is a great alternative for lodging if you don't want to stay on the strip. It's an easy 5 minute drive to go to the strip if you want to, yet it's in a quiet, uncongested area. I always find something great at the outlet mall next door, and there are inexpensive restaurants within walking distance. Comfortable beds and clean rooms. Helpful, friently staff and good breakfast. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The staff makes the difference here. Remember the concept of "Customer Service"? Alexandra Daro has managed to build a team that truly delivers on this concept!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our way back home to Oregon from the Grand Canyon. My wife thought it would be fun to take the kids to Las Vegas. We did not have a room when we got to Vegas and looked originally at Circus Circus. Circus Circus was actually a zoo and not as clean as a zoo, so we searched elsewhere and came up with the Garden Inn which is just a mile or so from the strip. We thought it was strange that we could not check in until 8:00 at night (we got there about 5:00), but I understand that is normal for a Vegas hotel near the airport as folks will stay in their room until their flight time. So we found a reasonably priced dinner buffet about 2 miles south of the hotel, had dinner and then came back checked in and then explored the strip. No matter what anyone tells you, Vegas is not a place for families. Our naivety got the best of us. I had not been to Vegas in nearly 40 years. Skip Vegas if you are traveling with the family. There are some family related activities, but they are expensive and not as good as many of the zoos and aquariums in other parts of the USA. If you do need to stop here, the Garden Inn is a great, clean hotel that is far enough from the strip that you are buffered from the debauchery and vice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I travel often to Las Vegas for work related business. I usually stay at the Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo but after 2 concecutive bad visits I decided to try this HGI (as per a colleagues recommendation). What a great choice.

Check in was a breeze and the night manager was friendly and welcoming. I noticed the bar/restaurant area had a decent crowd but wasn't too loud.

The room itself was spottless with a comfy bed, great ammentities and I was even upgraded to a suite (living room area with another TV wasn't used but was nice anyway).

Exercise facility was typical with a couple of treadmils, 2 elipticals, a bike and some weights. Very spacious and everything worked properly!

Breakfast was the typical HGI but that is what I like. I travel often and I like continuity. I like to know that when I stay at a HGI I will expect the same or better anywhere I stay.

One night I had room service and then next I ate at the bar. Both where very good. Bar staff was super friendly.

There is a free shuttle to and from McCarren and also the Mandalay Bay. I believe they go elsewhere but I am not sure.

Pool area was nice; however, I was unable to use it!

Overall I enjoyed my stay. I am going to make this my go to place for future LV trips.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed the one night late June and found the HGI to be just perfect for our our needs.

We needed to be near the airport for an early departure and after four days in amongst the noise and hubbub of a Las Vegas strip hotel,chose the HGI for our overnight stay, we were sorry we didn't stay the entire Las Vegas holiday.

Yes it is a distance from the main strip area and a car is needed, however if you don't have a car, like ourselves, HGI do run regular shuttles to nearby destinations at regular intervals and also to the airport.

Check in speedy and wecoming, check out efficient and accurate. The room was clean, had all we needed, large bed, soft mattresses and an abundance of pillows. Very quite and after the noise of the main strip area most welcoming.

Walking distance to the South Strip outlet centre and the strip bus service.

Would highly recommend and will stay here if we find ourselves in Las Vegas in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas - Strip South? Share your experiences!