“Wynn ranked against other strip hotels” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

You added Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
chicago
“Wynn ranked against other strip hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

For Las Vegas, the Wynn is as elegant as it gets. They have definitely earned their 5 star rating. Property is beautiful and impeaccably kept. We requested a top floor room that has recently been redone. It was very nice. Rooms were as nice and probably nicer than any other 5 start I have stayed at in the states. While I'm sure some rooms are nicer than others, our room, and the couple we traveled with both were great. I travel quite a bit and can't think of any rooms I've been in in the continental US that are nicer. A couple minor things they could focus on. Room never seemed to cool down. And it was not warm when we were there. Going there when it's 110 degrees outside would concern me. A Fax machine in the room, but no coffeee maker. Seems like an odd choice. Casino is gorgeous, but stuffier than what you find else where on the strip. Dealers were pleasant, and cocktail service was above average at the tables. We've stayed at multiple locations on the strip,and this ranks near the top, but not at the top. Garth Brooks was hands down the best Vegas show I've ever seen. And' I'm not a country music fan. Guy is an incredible talent. La Reve is also very good. My wife and I preferred it to the more hyped 'O' at Bellagio. We're not huge buffet fans, but the Wynn's is worth a stop. It was excellent.

1. The Hotel at Mandalay. Terrible location, but very cool/trendy rooms, excellent sportbook, and a bit more of an exciting atmosphere. good spot for 30-50 year old crowd. Wynn seems to cater more to ultra wealthy 50+. The Strip Steak is my choice for best Steak house in Vegas. My wife thought Wynn's spa was a fraction nicer than The Hotel and Bellagio, but all were great.

2. Bellagio. Another gorgeous hotel, with similar attributes to Wynn. Wynn just seems to do all of them just a little bit better. Rooms are nice, but not nearly as luxurious as Wynn. Bellagio's location is so perfect I'd probably choose it over the Wynn. But just barely.

3. The Wynn. Really a coin flip between Wynn and Bellagio. Both great, but location is big plus for Bellagio. However, if Luxury is your goal, Wynn cannot be beat in Vegas.

4. Mandalay Bay. Very nice rooms, and facilities. Just lacks the 'wow' factor of The Hotel.

5. Aria. Cool hotel, great rooms, very trendy. But I'm not a huge fan of city center. Poorly laid out. You can tram it to Bellagio, but the walk from the front door of Aria to the strip is about 900 miles. You'd think it was a perfect location until you try walking anywhere outside of city center.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,297)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I was a bit leary after reading some of the previous comments on here about the Wynn, but all that disappeared the moment we checked in and entered our room.
The staff were all amazing, from before we arrived right up til when we checked out. We called the consierge before going and he arranged tickets for us for Le Reve (A MUST SEE). The staff were more than friendly.
We arrived on a Monday and things were quiet there until the Thursday. We stayed on the 27th floor, and were able to hear the noise from the night clubs, but not until the Thursday night.
If you are used to city noise, or sleep with the tv on, then you may not be bothered by it. Our room was also facing the clubs. If you are used to absolute silence when you go to bed, then you might want to pack a pair of ear plugs. Having said that, Las Vegas is known as the town that never sleeps, so take that in mind.
We did not have a coffee maker in the room, but I hear that is normal for alot of the hotels, as they do not want you spending time in the rooms. Right across from the Wynn is a starbucks, with free wi-fi. Wi-fi is about $13/day in the rooms, but if you go down to the business area of the hotel, you can pick it up there.
I also recommend that you pack a cooler bag in your suitcase, because the fridges in the rooms are stocked with mini bar items.
Make sure to get your red card when you get there..... we got 2 free buffets with it.
All in all, it was a WONDERFUL HOTEL with very friendly staff and great housekeeping.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the Wynn. We really appreciated the number and quality of amenities and activities in the Wynn/Encore complex, which made it easy to have fun and hop right back on the elevator to our room to relax. In particular, there are a number of quality restaurants and nightlife hotspots on premises, which makes for a great evening out. Shopping is great, too, with several high-end stores within the resort and the Fashion Show mall and Venetian shops connected by footbridge. The rooms are nice, a slight notch below the quality of places like the Ritz or Four Seasons. Only major complaint I have is cost, which I guess is to be expected at a resort like this. Everything costs money, and lots of it. Even the sandwich shop turned into a $40 lunch for two, and the $6 coffee made Starbucks look like a bargain. This is not a place for budget travelers, but if you are willing to spend the money, you will enjoy it.

A couple of notes:
Every restaurant is Vegetarian/Vegan friendly; apparently, this is by design, as one waiter mentioned that Steve Wynn himself is Vegan and tries to make sure that every restaurant meets the needs of diet-restricted travelers.

The hotel offers passes to Blush, but not to XS, Tryst, or Surrender, the other trendy nightlife spots. You can get advance tickets to skip the line, that's about it.

Didn't use the golf course, but it looked decent.

Casino staff are courteous and friendly. The crowds aren't overly huge, so there is a good amount of personal attention at the tables. Overall, service throughout the property was excellent.

There are no in-room coffeemakers. Beware the minibar, apparently if you even move something for more than 60 seconds, you pay for it.

Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

We stayed at the Wynn for 4 nights and without a doubt this is one of the most well-appointed casino/hotels on the Strip. If we came back, it would be to here or The Venetian. The hotel was built for luxury in every sense. The actual room price was not expensive, compared with hotels in the UK, and parking was complimentary. However, this is where affordable ended - food, the shops, the business centre were all very pricey. The Wynn is home to Chanel, Rolex and Ferrari shops to name just a few. It really is the top end of the market. This was the only hotel of the 4 we stayed in in the US that did not offer complimentary coffee in the room. We had a stunning view from the 38th floor, and the automated lighting and curtains we enjoyed, the room was well appointed. However the Wynn is under the flight path and on the strip. I slept fine despite this but my husband who is a lighter sleeper than me, was disturbed by the flights, and the Treasure Island shows, which can be heard from strip-facing rooms.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

The five nights I spent at the Wynn were five of the best nights of sleep I had ever experienced. The beds are downright sumptuous. I was thinking about that mattress months after I returned and I eventually ordered one. I never noticed a noise problem - perhaps because I slept so well. Oh yes.. and the hotel was lovely, the food was great, the pool and spa were fantastic and the service was fine.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Wynn Las Vegas likes to advertise itself as a top end niche hotel. But just because the CEO/Designer could stand on top of the building and call it great, it doesn't make it so. First, the positives. The staff in general is friendly and helpful. OK the waterfalls and the small lake near the front of the hotel are great looking even gorgeous. But then once you're in, we were told by other visitors and staff that you have to visit this restaurant and this bar to see other beautiful parts of the hotel - what a TURN OFF. They might hook others in, but not me.
The room inside is average at best, certainly not large. The bathroom's shower seems and feels small, although the tub is nicer. The room I stayed in had a large crack around the sink.
Will I return to Wynn LV? Probably not, and only if the offer is dirt cheap (less than $90), especially now that they have also started a resort fee of $20 per day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

first things first. Very noisy hotel, both inside and out. Probably would ask to stay on the golf course side if I had to do it over again, The strip side was constantly noisy at night with sirens and train noise (you would think a hotel of this caliber would spend a littel more on windows). During the day, constant noise of doors slamming shut and from noise on the floor above due to renovations. The morning of check out, they started to renovate the floor we were on around 9 AM (early by Vegas standards), thought one of our walls was going to come down! The management was not responsive to my complaints.
The staff was generally friendly, but not overly responsive. The ice machine on the floor was not working, I told them about it, they said they would take care of it, nothing happened.
Beautiful place, very busy.
Have stayed at the Bellagio recently, would stay there again. A wonderful responsive staff that is helpful when things go wrong. Bellagio is more centrally located

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!