For Las Vegas, the Wynn is as elegant as it gets. They have definitely earned their 5 star rating. Property is beautiful and impeaccably kept. We requested a top floor room that has recently been redone. It was very nice. Rooms were as nice and probably nicer than any other 5 start I have stayed at in the states. While I'm sure some rooms are nicer than others, our room, and the couple we traveled with both were great. I travel quite a bit and can't think of any rooms I've been in in the continental US that are nicer. A couple minor things they could focus on. Room never seemed to cool down. And it was not warm when we were there. Going there when it's 110 degrees outside would concern me. A Fax machine in the room, but no coffeee maker. Seems like an odd choice. Casino is gorgeous, but stuffier than what you find else where on the strip. Dealers were pleasant, and cocktail service was above average at the tables. We've stayed at multiple locations on the strip,and this ranks near the top, but not at the top. Garth Brooks was hands down the best Vegas show I've ever seen. And' I'm not a country music fan. Guy is an incredible talent. La Reve is also very good. My wife and I preferred it to the more hyped 'O' at Bellagio. We're not huge buffet fans, but the Wynn's is worth a stop. It was excellent.
1. The Hotel at Mandalay. Terrible location, but very cool/trendy rooms, excellent sportbook, and a bit more of an exciting atmosphere. good spot for 30-50 year old crowd. Wynn seems to cater more to ultra wealthy 50+. The Strip Steak is my choice for best Steak house in Vegas. My wife thought Wynn's spa was a fraction nicer than The Hotel and Bellagio, but all were great.
2. Bellagio. Another gorgeous hotel, with similar attributes to Wynn. Wynn just seems to do all of them just a little bit better. Rooms are nice, but not nearly as luxurious as Wynn. Bellagio's location is so perfect I'd probably choose it over the Wynn. But just barely.
3. The Wynn. Really a coin flip between Wynn and Bellagio. Both great, but location is big plus for Bellagio. However, if Luxury is your goal, Wynn cannot be beat in Vegas.
4. Mandalay Bay. Very nice rooms, and facilities. Just lacks the 'wow' factor of The Hotel.
5. Aria. Cool hotel, great rooms, very trendy. But I'm not a huge fan of city center. Poorly laid out. You can tram it to Bellagio, but the walk from the front door of Aria to the strip is about 900 miles. You'd think it was a perfect location until you try walking anywhere outside of city center.