“No shampoo, being locked out twice, lost comps, and poor follow up by hotel management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

You added Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was one of the worst stay here since this is the only 5-Stars hotel in the world that I've encountered where no Shampoo were provided to the guests. We had to call someone to have it delivered and the it took 25 minutes to have two full amenity kits in my room. I can tolerate that. The problem happened when we were locked out of our room. First time, I walked down to the lobby and had to wait in line..Another sets of keys were made..No luck..Went back 2nd time and do it once more..It still didn't work and were told to wait outside. Security were sent upstairs (he showed 10 min later and it took him 3 tries to get the room open but neither keys worked. In fear of getting lock out, we decided to check out and opt for a different room..We were told the key will work in our new room on the phone but once again it failed (called the Front Desk while having my partner wait outside while I went downstairs once more). Got the keys to the new room..Once again, it didn't work. Clearly angered with luggages on our shoulders and we were stuck once more and were told to wait again. This time my partner's key worked and mine didn't..Called again to get the key made and delivered by security. It took over 55 minutes to get everything resolved while being stuck, locked out, and having a hair raising day..I lost all interest using any facilities (Gym, Spa, Restaurants, pool, and especially Gaming activities). I have contacted the director of hotel operation about his and let see how long it will take to hear their response for the strings of mishaps. At the end of the stay, my $100 casino credit was NO GOOD for a robe that I purchased from the Gift Shop and Front desk refused to give me credit for it and told me that I have to give it back or it will be charged accordingly. She told me that I can eat at the Cafe to use that $100. By this time, I am already my way to the airport and this really hit the nail into the HEAD..Lost my comp, Stuck in the Hallway like homeless waiting for security guards to show up twice with no seats at the elevators, plus the attitudes at the end of the stay will make this unforgettable experience to someone who have stayed in many 5-star hotels all over the world a nice horror story to share with my friends..Shawn the manger had called me back and only offer the $100 Dining Voucher which I didn't use as compensation? This is NOT a sincere gesture of making so many mistakes. 1. Front desk (I should be informed of restriction of $100 casino voucher upon arrival, 2. House keeping Amenity kit such of Shampoo should be available to all guests, 3. Security guard taking 15 minutes to get there knowing I am stuck outside of the room TWICE and each and every time it took over 15 minutes to arrive, 4. Management Staff..Louzy and insincere offer on something I had lost during the stay that I already was entitled to and nothing more..Why bother calling me back if the company didn't want to sweeten the deal for me to come back? I found this extremely insulting and I don't wish my experience to happen to any of your future guests.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,319)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at the Wynn and really enjoyed the stay. The room was beautiful and well appointed with a great view of the golf course. The eats are great at the Zoozacrackers Deli and at the Buffet. If you're in the mood for some really great pastry, try the Pharmacy Cafe. The coffee was outstanding wherever we ate. Lots of gaming choices for those so inclined. If you like shopping and have lots of money to burn, the Wynn is not lacking in the luxury goods department (Luis Vuitton, Channel, Rolex, etc.). Le Reve, The Dream is a must see. The choreographed acrobatics, gymnastics, synchronized swimming and diving, and stage antics just pop with the Wow! factor. The stage set and visuals will take your breath away -- they were that gorgeous. By all means book a few days at this fabulous hotel.

Maumelle, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I visit Las Vegas often and in the past 20 years have stayed at many of the strip hotels. The Wynn property is absolutely the best of the best. When you stay here it is all about you, "the guest"! Every staff member I encountered was friendly, attentive and made me feel delighted to be there. The attention to every detail is incredible, from the beautiful lobby florals to the original artwork from Mr. Wynn's collection, everywhere you look is a visual feast! The rooms are spacious with floor-to-ceiling windows to show off the panoramic view. I especially liked the touch pad controls for mood lighting, maid service, and draperies. The hotel is connected via a shopping corridor to the Encore sister hotel, which is equally as awesome. Once at the Encore, I recommend a visit to the Sinatra Restaurant, which is tucked away in a secluded corner for a great meal and a look at Frank's Oscar which is on display. Overall... If you're planning trip to Vegas, you should treat yourself to a stay at the Wynn!

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor you can get for a spectacular view (ask for panoramic view room).
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Boucherville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

The Wynn Tower Suites is the ultimate place to stay while in Vegas!
After 3 very uncomfortable nights in a prestige suite at the Palazzo, we decided to move to the Wynn for the last 3 nights of our stay.

As first-timers staying at the Wynn, The Tower Suites much exceeded our expectations -- our beautifully decorated room was quiet with a great view of the hotel grounds -- thanks to the floor to ceiling windows, including a spectacular sky view of the Lake of Dreams show, the strip and the mountains, ultra comfy bed, excellent amenities in room, clean, great in-room air quality, and very spacious.

The private entrance to the Tower Suites makes your arrival experience quite unique: Koi ponds, flowers, beautiful decor, very professional and warm welcome (we were offered a beverage and wet-towel to refresh ourselves) and finally, an ultra fast check in - within minutes we were enjoying our room.

During our stay, we were able to enjoy some of the best restaurants in Las Vegas: Bartolotta di Mare, the Cave, Tableau for breakfast and the Terrace Pointe Cafe for lunch by the pool.

The cab service at the private entrance was without any wait and very efficient.

We will definitely stay at The Wynn Tower Suites again -- a luxurious property.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed here for a week on a stag do and what a week it was! The hotel was pristine. From the rooms to the restaurants to the shops everything was 6 star. I would not hesitate to stay here again. From the moment I walked in I felt special. Cannot recommend enough if your planning a Vegas holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Wynn is a wonderful place to stay. The hotel exceeded our expectations -- our room was quiet with a fabulous view, very comfy bed and pillows, excellent amenities in room, clean and spacious. We enjoyed the private entrance, quick check in and check out, excellent concierge, and the restaurants. Cab service at the private entrance was quick and efficient. We would definitely stay at The Wynn again -- a fabulous property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Everyone we encountered from the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. They went the extra mile and more.
The breakfast buffet was to die for.
The hotel room was very comfortable and we had a great view towards the mountains.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the strip and the mountains.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!