“The only place to stay in Vegas!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

You added Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Paradise)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Long Beach, New York
“The only place to stay in Vegas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Wynn is exceptionally beautiful. The concierge staff is friendly and professional! The rooms are nicely appointed. The bathrooms are spacious and both my husband and I could be in there grooming at the same time without getting in each other's way! There are many restaurants from casual to formal dining. The food in every restaurant we tried was delicious and well prepared! My husband and I go every year and we will stay nowhere else!

Room Tip: Choose the Strip view for an awesome experience!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,927)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We got married at the Wynn and stayed here for 4 days. We were treated perfectly and had a fantastic time throughout. Our hotel room was beautiful and had a fantastic view - we were on the 33rd floor. You may hear the disco/club at night if you are facing the strip - beware! All the food, drink and facilities were great with a wonderful customer service that I wish we had back in this country! Just remember to take some extra cash as I'm sure you will spend it like we did...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

When our taxi dropped us at one of the entrances of the resort, no one was there to help us with our luggages. We were so confused when we entered the hotel until we spotted the sign for front desk. We had to carry our luggages to the check-in counter. Wow, the line! It was so long, even though they opened all counters, I had to wait 30 minutes to reach the counter, with my luggages next to me. The counter for big gambler, was very free but they didn't intend to help the guests in-line.
I booked a room for 2 nights on the resort official website, and a free buffet was included. I expected to enjoy that free buffet any time I want, but I was told that the offer only limited to breakfast or lunch. Shocked, but I didn't think arguing with them would change anything.
I paid to upgrade my room to top floor with twin beds, room was big, but without a soul. The view to golf field was nice, but nothing beyond that. May be the other side is better. I checked a can of candies, and read a small note saying that if the can was removed from the sensor for certain time, the hotel charge. I immediately returned it to its position, I didn't get charged, so I am not sure if the hotel really do so; however I don't like their attitude. There was no coffee-maker in room, I asked the housekeeping, they could send a water-boiler up with a charge of $10. With no complimentary water in room, guests are expected to drink raw tape water; pay for mini-bar/room servies; or to buy water from outside themselves. Am I paying the hotel for a room only? Is this a common practice in Vegas?
We went for lunch buffet. The restaurant doesn't take reservation, even from hotel guests. We queued for half an hour to enter, but found out that there were quite a lot of empty tables inside. The food was good enough to feed, but not to amaze. There were a lot of variety, but not something expensive. There was no seafood served for lunch buffet. The staff was helpful and efficient.
The pool was great, but remembered, they charged resort fee.
May be I expected too much, I will try some other 5-star hotels next time in Vegas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Rafael, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I spent the 4th of July holiday weekend at the Wynn. Overall the hotel is beautiful and luxurious, with great decor and artwork throughout the property.

We checked in to a Panoramic View room that was on the 58th floor, and indeed the view was awesome. The room itself was spacious and well appointed. The bed and couch were very comfy, and the TV was large, but swiveled up and out of the way when not in use.

Despite being so high up, there was a lot of thumping bass coming from the nightclub on the ground floor, enough to keep my wife awake until the early morning hours. The entire room (lights, drapes, a/c, etc.) is controlled by touch screens throughout the room, but they are brightly lit and can also be an issue if you need darkness to sleep soundly. On the second day we had an issue with the water temperature in the shower.

Without being ostentatious, the resort grounds have a glamorous but tasteful aesthetic. Several amazing art pieces are installed throughout the property, including a great Jeff Koons sculpture, and an entire restaurant based around the art of Fernando Botero.

The casino has a lot of high-limit tables and slots, but there are games for everyone's risk level. Drink service in the casino was hit or miss depending on the time of day.

We had a wonderful dinner at The Lakeside restaurant, right on the water with perfect view of the little shows on the Lake of Dreams. This was also the only place I found on property with a good beer selection (DFH 90min, St. Bernardus Abt. 12 and others).

Parasol Up is the lobby bar, but it doesn't feel like one. Really cool place to relax and people watch, and the best mixed drinks we had at the resort.

The pool was nice. We only spent a couple of hours there but enjoyed it. The cabanas looked like they would be a great way to spend a day if you wanted an extended pool experience.

We saw the show "La Reve" at the theater, and it was the highlight of the trip. It is an amazing fantasy water show that should not be missed.

Overall we would recommend visiting the Wynn, but since we had a few issues with the room cannot give it a perfect 5 rating.

winterwonderland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Recently returned from a 3 night stay at the Wynn. It was a breath-taking experience! The Wynn is hands-down the best hotel in Vegas. Check-in was easy and our guest services host was very friendly and helpful(unfortunately I do not remember his name). He was very kind to upgrade us to a deluxe room on the top floor. Upon arriving to our room, the panoramic views were amazing(room 6037). We had a perfect view of the nightly shows at the theatre as well as the fireworks at Treasure Island. The décor was modern and classy and the accommodation's were opulent. It was an amazing experience. The staff at the Wynn are very friendly and made us feel at home. The casino was spotless. The pool was great. No other Vegas resort casino will do!

Room Tip: Try to stay on the top level!
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

ok. This hotel is soooo nice. well thought out and touches of classy opulence were everywhere.
BUT there were some issues that I didnt expect to find in a hotel of this calibur and price range.
firstly our room... really, really nice but there was a strong mold smell that at first wasnt so bad but got unbearable as our stay progressed. werent interested in moving all our stuff but this should be checked out before giving us the room key. secondly everything is electronically controlled but the glow of the controllers made it difficult to sleep at night.
The pools were really nice and cool in 120 degree heat and the adult only pool is a great idea every hotel should have one. BUT.. there was almost no seating in the shade. Anything resembling shade was 'reserved' before it opened. Really not safe in that heat to not have a substantial amount of shaded seating. kinda ruined the pool experience which is why we picked this hotel in the first place.
Also annoying were the extra charges for every little thing. The WIFI is included in the 25 dollar BS resort fee but it only works in the rooms. cant get that wifi at the pool or inside the casino. So I go to use the computer in the empty business office. 'That is one dollar a minute with a minimum 15 minutes'. Seriously? I get all the computer use I want at the bestwestern for a quarter of the price! If you are a classy hotel, act like it!
How about complimentary waters at the pool and lobby for your guests in crazy heatwave? Coffee that doesnt ding you 6 bucks every 2 minutes?
Those are the details that to me earn a five star!!

Room Tip: just ask for a quiet room
Texas USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

positives first, for thats how I roll….

- Probably the most gorgeous resort in vegas
- less crowded than the zoo at the middle of strip
- beautiful people watching esp. on saturday night
- room was huge and comfortable, bathroom and products in bathroom were very good
- view was fabulous
- pool area was excellent, drinks were well made
- spa was great.albeit a bit over priced
- Yoga class was amazing
- Sinatra ( restaurant) was simply fabulous on all counts.
- cocktails at parasol up is quite an experience and probably one of the most serene spots in Vegas.
- If you are Vegan or vegetarian like me, they have LOTS of options for food all over the resort.
- Valet was great

Negatives

- check in and check out was a nightmare, with long lines. surely they should be able to do something to alleviate the lines considering the price points. Its not like they don't know how many guests are booked with them any particular day. If they don't there is a bigger problem.

- Towels in room were very very worn out- we even got one that was frayed at the edges. - really?

- Plan to spend a minimum of 15 bucks on any kind of food. Would have been nice to have at least one place that you could grab something on the go for 10 bucks.

-Le Reve was cool, but save your money for a real Cirque show. I thought it was over priced for the experience.
- concierge was also very busy and had long lines, but very helpful and nice

Room Tip: Hint for room: Definately splurge the extra on a panaromic view with floor to ceiling windows and g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!