“Five stars all the way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

You added Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego California
“Five stars all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the best I've ever stayed at in Las Vegas. Absolutely gorgeous and the service and friendliness of the staff was top notch. Super fabulous. The ambience is flawless. Total wow! The Wynn is a win!!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,317)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

As you enter a sign reads for the safety of our guest no strollers are allowed! I’m pretty sure that babies are safer in strollers than being carried when it’s a lot easier to drop them.
Then when we tried eating at Andrea’s they refused us service due to bringing our 8 moth old son! Pure age discrimination if I have ever seen it. Not only that there was not a sole customer in the entire restaurant and our baby was sleeping and even then they refused us! We tried to get take out but after looking for a place to eat it all the policies prohibit eating their food anywhere on the premises.
The manager Roy suggested that we eat at one of their casual restaurants but when we tried to go to Red8 . As we walked up the hostess very rudely said no strollers and again we were denied service due to having a baby. I ask her very nicely what we were supposed to do with our sleeping baby and she repeated the phrase “NO Strollers”
At this point my wife was in tears and stormed away. I can’t believe they treat babies this way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had another great stay at the Wynn Tower Suites. We arrived on a Saturday night and stayed the first night on a hotwire rate at Trump – turns out we got a free upgrade to a large penthouse suite over there (which they were very impressed with). It certainly was nice, but it is no Wynn. Having stayed at many places, there is no place in my mind that matches the luxurious design of Wynn.

Now, this time I had booked a standard room (For a great rate), and then upgraded to a Salon suite which we were sharing with our Australian friends. The upgrade to the suite cost me $305 extra per night – which is more than I usually pay, but I was reminded that I usually book a Tower Suites room outright and then upgrade, while this time I booked a standard resort room and upgraded, which is probably why it cost me more to do so.

I like to stay in the Tower Suites for a number of reasons. I like the separate entrance, valet, taxi line, concierge, check-in, etc. I like the quick elevator access from Pai Gow, which is the game I like to play. I love the upgraded rooms, and the service that comes with it.

Now, the thing that frustrates me is that the additional amenities you receive with your tower suite room or suite vary based on how you booked, not on what room you end up in. So, while I had the largest suite type in the tower, because I upgraded to it from the resort room and not from a tower suite room, apparently I forgo many of the benefits of staying in the tower suite. So, they’ll take my money for the room, but don’t give me the other amenities of the tower suites – or rather, some of them.

For example, I received the complimentary pressing of up to 4 garments at a day – love this service. But, no wifi unless I pay the resort fee (normally one gets free wifi). Also, no complimentary breakfast at Tableau, which you only get if you book the Tower Suites side directly, not if you upgrade. In my mind, the amenities should match the room you end up staying in, not the means by which you book. Anyway, after some arguing with the front desk to no avail, specifically about the wifi, I lost the battle unsatisfied. One thing I have noticed about Wynn is that, in general, the front desk agents are quite inflexible. I’m sure people would take advantage of them if they always gave stuff away, but I’ve stayed there at least once a year for as long as it has been open – and they damn well know that – but for something as small as complimentary internet in my massive 1800 sq ft suite, they were intransigent, which left me upset.

That grievance aside, I am still a huge advocate of Wynn, and particularly the Tower Suites. Roger Thomas is a God, and his design is unbelievable. There is nowhere – looking at you Trump – that even comes close. An example, at Trump, the bedroom which overlooked the strip, there is a floor lamp. The electrical socket, in full sight, in the middle of the viewing area in front of the window – right where one would want to stand. Not only is it an eye-sore, but one could seriously stub their toe, or trip entirely, on this. At Wynn, l challenge you to find anything that is out of place like this. Roger Thomas has thought of it all.

In general though, I don’t think the place is quite what it used to be, but it is still better than anywhere else. Encore is too douchebaggy with the beach club replacing what used to be a beautiful atrium, and the lineups spilling into the casino. I like the look of the new high limit slot room, but I am sad that Daniel Boulud and Alex Stratta are no longer at the property.

The only other sore spots for this 5-night trip were: cocktail services was slower than usual in the casino; cocktail service at the pool was abysmal; the lineup and service at the Drugstore Café takes far too long. Special mentions for a great lunch at Zoozacrackers, dinner at Wazuzu , and dinner at La Cave. Also love Scott, the graveyard Pai Gow pit boss. He’s awesome.

Also had a great meal at Picasso at Bellagio and at Joel Robuchon at MGM. (he needs to get the hell out of that dump and over to Wynn).

All in all, a fantastic stay at the Wynn Tower Suites

Room Tip: Go for the Tower Suites -- even if it is just a standard room in that section of the hotel.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Check in was long and arduous, the bottled water provided by staff was welcome. We didn't pay the resort fee as most of the items included were not applicable to us (free UK calls, gym etc). If you want wifi in your room without the resort fee (which I think was about $25 per day) it is $13.99 per night!
Once we got to our room on the 14th floor it was a long walk to the end of the corridor but on entering the room was huge. We had a view out of two sides of our room. We were told we were overlooking the golf course but I think that was slightly overstated. You could see it but very far in the distance over a number of lower level buildings. From the other side you could see the golden Trump Tower/hotel in the distance. We watched the sunrise over the mountains one morning so that was a beautiful site. Room was large and substantial. The bathroom had great facilities, silken bathrobes, deep bath and separate shower cubicle. King bed was very comfortable, lots of flumpy pillows which were a delight to sink into. Safe located in the wardrobe, large but slim.
We used the pool on a couple of occasions, the pool was clean with plenty of sun loungers. Staff were friendly and the poolside waitress was always available to assist you with refreshments which you could charge to your room. Chilled water is also available at several points around the pool.
We ate at the breakfast buffet - fabulous.
We ate at Red 8 - fabulous.
We drank cocktails at the Parasol Up bar and also on the outside patio overlooking the Lake of Dreams.
We tried to extend our room on the last day due to a late flight. We were told we could not extend for 1/2 a day (until 6pm) but we could extend for a full day at the full daily rate!!!!. We checked out at 12pm and took the remaining time we had in The Palazzo and The Venetian.......
Overall though for us it was a fantastic experience for our second trip to Vegas, our first having been at The Bellagio.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel was absolutley outstanding. After walking around most of the other hotels in Vegas, this hotel is definitely a class above the rest. Although we couldn't see in the rooms of the other hotels, the lobby and casino were impecible. We were in a standard king but the room (and ensuite) were huge!!! On one side of the room the whole wall was window, giving great views of the strip. Whilst this hotel is definitly one of the more upscale hotels in Vegas, it definitly had a welcoming feel to everyone, which was helped by the lovely staff. Even the croupier's were very helpful with us novices on the roulette tables. Have to mention the breakfast buffet. It was around $40 each but I have never seen so many stations in my life. There was food from all over the world, and then a separate room full of desserts. We had breakfast at Caeser's Palace the day after and it didn't come close at all. The hotel also has a very nice spa and a fabulous pool. Don't stay anywhere else!

Irvine, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Did not honor our reservations and then the management was rude about it. Rude, rude, rude. Horrible service.

Been to Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!