“The American Dream of a Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Save Saved
You added Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Paradise)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$100 RESORT CREDIT
Ranked #5 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Manchester UK
“The American Dream of a Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

With its glittering bronze facade, this hotel took my breath away. The foyer is huge, with shops such as Rolex, Ferrari (yes, a dealership), Gucci, Prada and on and on. The casino area was massive, with no natural daylight to persuade you it's time for bed and air conditioning (or oxygen?) compounding this. Up in the lift to my magnificent room - I could have sublet one corner to a family of five! There was a pool, a spa, endless restaurants catering for every taste and shows in the in-house theatre. And - step outside and you're on the strip! Each room booked was allocated $100 to spend there, which we used for breakfasts.
Brilliant experience all round.

Room Tip: Ask for one near a lift and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

8,073 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,718)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Fairly good hotel, facilities are very good. Quite liked the pool. Le Reve and the nightclubs as also ace. Concierge quite good. However, there is room for improvement: Check-in required queuing for c 30 minutes, buffet also had very long queues. Golf course pricing is ridiculous and the special rate for hotel guests is a joke. Wild we return? Well, subject to pricing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Somerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I loved the Wynn. Even booking last-minute on a discount site, I was thrilled with the room we received. We had a lovely view of the strip from our bed via oversized windows. I was just so sad that I only got to spend a few hours there in between meetings. If I was reviewing on the room alone, I would have given 5-stars. The bed was incredibly comfortable, seating area was a nice touch, lighting system was a great feature, bathroom had lovely amenities, and the place was impeccably clean.

The Wynn loses points on service though - as others have mentioned. I have bad allergies so I messaged ahead to see if I could get a smoke-free room and also mentioned it was our anniversary. I received a generic "we assign rooms at check-in" response and nothing was mentioned about the email or my request when I got to check-in (though I did manage to get a smoke-free room, thankfully). Despite all the check-in desks being opened, we waited over a half hour to check in at what I don't believe was a peak time (noonish, the last day of CES...and there was a separate check-out desk). We were also told that the fitness center and WiFi were included in our $25 resort fee, but, we had to call to remove our WiFi charge at check-out and, when my husband went to the fitness center - he had to spend several minutes explaining that he didn't need to pay an extra fee because we had already paid our resort fee. So, not really sure why they can't manage to sync all their computer systems, but, the rooms itself was great, especially for the price we got, and I would definitely return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Garden Grove, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The room was fabulous! Very spacious. We paid to be on a high floor (they have 60 floors) we were on the 53 floor and still heard noise from the nightclub. The view was awesome.

The reason why I gave them 2 stars is because my billing at check out was screwed up by the front desk agent Claire. It took them a week to fix the problem. Later in the week I talked to a very nice woman in accounting and she was reading the notes on my account out loud and Claire made it seem like it was my fault that the billing was messed up when in fact it was hers. When Claire was on the phone with the head cashier, at one point she was laughing. I thought that it was rude for her to do that and I am sure the person on the other end was making sarcastic remarks.

Overall, there was nothing that stood out, nothing exceptional about the service. I really loved the room and the lady in accounting who was extremely nice. The valet guys were very personable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlottetown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you're going to visit Vegas, do yourself a favor and stay in a hotel that is worthy of the words: class, luxury, amazing, breath-taking, pristine, etc. The rooms, the casino, the shows, the decor, the waterfalls, the staff, the grounds outside... I could go on and on. Seriously, if you're going to Vegas, treat yourself... even if only for a few nights here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Clarita
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I booked a room at the Wynn as part of a promotional package including 2 tickets to the show Le Reve and 2 complimentary adult buffets. Based on all of the positive reviews and great things I have heard about the property, I could not wait for the vacation.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I realize that Las Vegas attracts a certain crowd, especially on a weekend and I certainly remember the days when I enjoyed partaking in the clubbing late nights out so this is not me railing against clubs and parties and those who choose to get stupid drunk and stay up all night.

However, when I stayed in three different rooms and could either feel the vibration of the bass or hear the music in each one of those rooms, there is something wrong. I was first on the 27th floor, strip side, center of the tower and as soon as 10pm hit I could feel the bass vibrating up through the walls and hear the music coming from Tryst. Around 12:15am I went to the front desk to complain. I was told I was not the first guest who needed a room change that night due to the vibrations and was upgraded to a panoramic room on the 60th floor, strip side, north end. I was sure that being that high I would not hear a thing. Well, I didn't hear the music, but the vibration was even worse as the room was directly above Tryst (albeit 60 floors up) and the principles of physics cause worse vibrations as the waves propagate farther out. I was too tired to bother complaining again so stayed up all night. I visited the front desk again that morning and a manager came to assist this time. He indicated that the room I moved too could not have been in a worse location and moved me for a third time - this time to the golf course side on the south end of the tower. This was by far the best of the three rooms, but on this side of the tower I could still faintly hear the music and feel the bass from XS.

So it seems to me that no matter where in Wynn one stays, there will be noise and/or bass from either Tryst or XS. I really fault the poor planning in positioning clubs in such a way that noise and vibrations bounce and echo off the two towers of Wynn and Encore. The properties have clearly shifted their targeted demographic and it is now the young, drunk and wealthy party crowd at the expense of guests looking to gamble, enjoy shows and take part in fine dining.

On the plus side, the hotel is beautiful and the rooms are top-notch. The service was also excellent and I appreciated the response of one of the front desk managers in comping my first night. It is really a shame that such a beautiful hotel with top notch service suffers from issues that could have been easily resolved in the planning stage. I think the only option for a room without noise from any of the multiple clubs would be the north side of Encore (facing Stratosphere).

At the end of the day, the free buffets and show tickets as part of the promotion helped make up for my disappointment, but I would not stay at Wynn or Encore in the future.

Room Tip: If you want quiet - golf course side of Wynn, high floor, south side. Or in Encore, north side of th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

great food great service this is worth a visit, take all my friends here when they visit , very consistant, good times.

Been to Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!