“Very Over-Rated Experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Save Saved
You added Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Paradise)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Very Over-Rated Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just returned from a 4-day vacation for my wife's 40th Birthday. We had tickets to see Garth Brooks at the Wynn. The price of the room and what you actually get is over-priced. Rooms are very basic even after being in a panoramic room with a view. 23rd floor on the corner. The room did not even have a couch or anywhere but the bed to lay out and just watch TV. The slot machines never hit. All the Blackjack table minimums were way too expensive. Can you believe that they do not have Sweet and Low? Only Equal and Splenda. Not passing judgement, but how in the world. Food was over priced for the quality. No free coffee in your room. Had to come down 23 floors each morning to buy myself some coffee. Same with water. Concierge did not have a clue. We visited the Venetian and felt much more at home and enjoyed the atmosphere. I felt I was a few million dollars short in my account to be there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,860)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you are looking for the best of the best in Vegas, Wynn is the place. Wynn and Encore offer only the best to the customers.......as long as you are willing to spend the money.

Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My partner and I were really looking forward to a stay here. We received a special offer in the mail which advertised a suite, 2 tickets to see Cirque's La Reve, and 2 free buffet tickets. We booked the room with the offer code, and then received a message to call and book reservations for La Reve. When we called to book tickets, we were told there were restriction on that offer, and that there were blackout days, and there were no tickets for the nights we booked. We looked at the promotional letter, and no where on it did they mention black out days. There was a standard disclaimer that terms and conditions apply, but assumed this had to do with hotel surcharges. La Reve tickets and free buffet tickets were an integral part of the offer that made us book in the first place. We explained to the person on the phone that this was a fraudulent offer since no where on the offer did they mention this restriction, and that when we called to book the rooms, no one ever mentioned that we could not use the La Reve tickets. Also, apparently bookings were non-refundable with this promotion, even though they were not living up to their part of the deal. They offered us a $50 dining credit, which we said was no where near comparable to the $100+ per ticket cost to see La Reve. We felt this was an unethical and possibly unlawful switch and bait scenario. This escalated in talking to the manager who was extremely unwilling to release us from the room booking. We eventually got a refund, but only after repeating many times that their promotional offer was invalid and bogus. If anyone else is in this situation, I recommend talking to the Las Vegas fraud office. Needless to say, we will not be staying here anytime in the future. If a hotel is willing to practice these fraudulent business practices, I'd hate to see what other kinds of unethical behavior they engage in.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Full disclosure: I'm not a big fan of Las Vegas. That said, The Wynn is a wonderful property. It has breathtaking attractions, some great restaurants and bars, modern ammenities, and scores of activities. Bets of all is the staff; they ensure that The Wynn is a well-run operation.
The downsides? While some of the restaurants are top-notch, others are mediocre and just plain crowded. The swimming facilities, like other Vegas hotels, are undersized; in contrast, the hotel is huge and may be too big for those who dislike walking.
Nonetheless, I highly recommend this propoerty for business or vacation. I've stayed at other places and think this is one of the best two or three resort hotels in Las Vegas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'm just finishing up on a 5 night stay at the Wynn here in Las Vegas, due to check out in a few hours so thought it would be a good time to reflect on the stay.

For those of you that don't already know, the Wynn is a luxury hotel located at the north end of the strip, next to the Palazzo and opposite from the Fashion Show mall. Whilst the hotel doesn't have a specific theme it does have a modern, exotic and luxurious feel to it. I'm happy to walk long distances and therefore its not a massive issue being here, but for those who want regular trips to Caesar or the Bellagio this might seem a little out of the way, however, it is ideal having the mall right opposite.

My favourite part about this hotel is probably the room, its fantastic, much larger (640 sqft) than most standard resort rooms and it is very clean and has plenty of good quality furnishings. The bathroom is massive with separate basins as well as a separate shower and soaking tub.

My stay hasn't been completely perfect though, and naturally you're bound to remember the negatives a bit more than the positives, so here's a few:

The wireless internet isn't great, its only available in the rooms and not resort wide in some of the common areas like the pool, casino and restaurants. Whilst this might not seem like the end of the world, its a pain, especially for someone like myself who likes to stay connected wherever i am, whether its to share the experience with my friends and family or to quickly check out restaurants, maps, sporting results on the move. they also have a policy whereby only two devices per room can use the wireless, again, this might not be an issue but if you're a family or a couple with multiple devices, it might be inconvenient. you might be able to get away with using more devices, but i wasn't willing to risk it and foot the bill. The wireless requires you to authenticate every 24 hours and accept the terms and conditions as well as agree to pay $13.99 for its use, if you're paying a resort fee then this charge will be waived.

I also found the cocktail waitresses to be almost non existent, perhaps i just got unlucky with them, but i spent a fair bit of time on the casino floor and was only offered a drink once, which was when i was cashing out, so hardly ideal timing, contrast this to other hotels where i was offered drinks within a matter of minutes and it puts it into perspective. it would also have been nice to get a drinks voucher when placing bets at the sports book, but it doesn't look like that's offered here either.

The pool area is nice and the pool was lovely and heated which is perfect now that its getting a little cooler, i also spent some time in the jacuzzi, which was great, but the pool hostess told me that they only had one jacuzzi!? This must surely be an issue in the summer when its going to be heaving poolside. The fitness centre is brilliant and spacious with great selection of equipment and they offer complimentary bottled water which is a nice touch.

If I'm being honest i should also say that the range of games in the casino isn't great, a few of my favourites are missing which is a shame and only causes me to wander elsewhere to play them. this isn't a problem, but a slight annoyance for those early morning or pre-breakfast urges! i also found the limits to be pretty high, i like playing tables with lower minimums like $5 for roulette and blackjack, so i found myself heading over to treasure island for this.

It was pretty disappointing to find that the breakfast buffet is only available Monday through Friday and if you want it at weekends you have to pay $12 more to get the weekend brunch buffet which I was told by the hostess is the same but has a few extra bells and whistles, none of which I was willing to pay the extra for. Having said that, the food is brilliant and i would 100% recommend the buffet for breakfast during the week, just make sure you get your moneys worth.

Whilst it might sound like I'm picking at a few points i should state that this is a fantastic resort and casino, and nothing major has gone wrong or happened during the stay, its been an absolute delight. All of the staff are very polite and friendly, the bars and restaurants are fantastic with great food and atmosphere, Le Reve is an amazing show and a must see, housekeeping were prompt and reliable and the whole resort has a clean and friendly feel to it.

I would happily stay here again, and will 100% recommend it to friends, family and anyone else thinking about staying. Is it my favourite resort in Vegas though? For me, Aria is still the place to be.

Room Tip: high floor to avoid any noise from the strip / clubs.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding at the Wynn, (2006) it was the most beautiful well planned event. The court yard was beautiful! The wedding planners at the Wynn are great! They had everything perfect. The flowers were stunning the photographers are excellent. Our meal was (at the golf course at the Wynn) and wedding cake were perfect. I must say it was so fantastic we renewed our vows after 5 years back at the Wynn again! 2012! It was just as perfect as the first time. The staff makes it so easy. They are very helpful, they have suggestions and make sure everything is just as you want it. The pastor each time was so personnel and attentive to our requests. The music the Wynn provides is wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect ceromony and reception....both times! I highly recommend the Wynn for a destination wedding. Lora Sinko Chicago Illinois.

Room Tip: The rooms and service are excelent
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We fell in love with the Wynn after our first stay in the Tower Suites. We couldnt wait to go back! After our wonderful stay in a Parlour Suite a few months back, we decided to return and take our adult children back to Vegas for birthday celebrations. This time around we stayed in a Salon Suite with an added connecting room. The Wynn certainly has found a way to expand on the "Wow Factor" with the Salon Suite.
But this trip didn't come without hiccups. Imagine our surprise that our original 3 rooms we booked were all on different floors despite being booked together? Then being told that they could only put two rooms together on the same floor if we upgraded to a Salon Suite for an extra $150 a night. Well, having no choice, we did just that and kept the 3rd room up on the 29th floor for the view of the golf course. Our Salon Suite had the view of the roof of the Wynn casino. (my advice here is to ask for a room higher up and overlooking the golf course).
Next, I had secretly arranged for birthday cakes to be delivered to the rooms. Somehow that order fell to the wayside and they were not there. I thought possibly it was due to the upgrade and changing of rooms at check in. After an hour or so, I went down to the front desk to discuss it. The manager came out to speak with me and I certainly didn't enjoy having to haggle over it at the front desk. I would not have been irritated with the managers accusatory questioning if she had not told me straight up in the beginning of the conversation that she saw the charges for the cake(s) on our room account. So what was the problem and why was I being hassled? I guess this was a situation of the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. I originally contacted the Wynn the week prior and arranged to have surprise birthday cakes in the room upon check in. In order to do this, the Wynn had Mr. Guzman from the Encore send me an email with the available options of cakes/treats/flowers. I was then directed by catering not to buy 2 cakes as the photos were deceiving that each cake fed 8-10 and we were only a party of 7. When I expressed to them that we were celebrating two important birthdays so I needed two cakes, they said they would send a complimentary cake or a slice of cake for the second birthday. I was happy with that since one cake cost over $100, I hung up thinking, "The Wynn continues to have that Wow Factor". I think the manager was having a problem with this "free cake" and I don't think she believed me! She called Catering at the Encore and it was resolved. two cakes were delivered to the room and both people were surprised. And by the way, the chocolate cake is a slice of heaven!
Next disappointment we encountered was the complimentary breakfasts that came with the Suite. On our last visit, we were given a "special suite menu" and we could order anything on that menu as part of our complimentary breakfast. There was a wide selection to suit everyone's likings. This trip, we were told we could ONLY order the Tableau Experience Breakfast which is basically Bacon and Eggs. The price for that is $28. I asked to substitute pancakes in its place which had a menu price of $16. The server told me, "No! The suite only includes the $28 meal". I hope this sounds as stupid to you as I it did to me. The server then told me to order what I wanted and go speak with the front desk afterwards. When I did that, the front desk said that only the manager of Tableau could approve a meal substitution and speaking with them was worthless and told me to head back to the restaurant. By then, I was already worn down.
And finally, the twice a day maid service is exceptional but be forewarned that if they accidentally scoop up your clothing with the bedsheets, its goodbye forever! They don't do laundry on the premises and trying to get them to locate your clothing after it leaves the building is next to impossible.
We did eat at the buffet this time. Not impressed with the food but the display is absolutely beautiful! I think the food at any of the Wynn restaurants is far better plus there is table service.
We saw La Reve for a second time and enjoyed it as much as we did the first time around. We saw Human Nature at the Imperial Palace (what a dump of a hotel) and would not recommend that to any of my friends. Maybe television shows like American Idol have made us all music critics in our own right.
We had a roll away bed brought to the Suite. It was a Dream Bed just like the rest of the beds in the hotel so that was awesome.
Room service was exceptional and the casino experience was excellent. The drinks are always good and the cocktail waitresses don't ignore you.
There is a mall across the street of the Wynn. It includes a Starbucks which might be helpful if you are a coffee drinker like we are. The Wynn does NOT have coffee makers in the rooms. We went to Tableau early in the morning for self service coffee that was available up until 8:30 last visit but were told that we had to pay $5 for 2 cups of coffee this time around.
After spending $5k over 3 days, the Wynn lost some of its Wow-Factor for us with the silly haggling over cakes, breakfast, and coffee. I think next time will try someplace new.
Oh! It took a 5 days but they did find our missing clothing. They were kind enough to tell us that they would comp the $15 finders fee but they will charged $10 for shipping. Excuse me? This was your fault, not ours.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!