“The only place to stay in Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

You added Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sydney, Australia
“The only place to stay in Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had never been to Las Vegas before and if I go again then I will stay at the Wynn because if I went elsewhere then I’m sure I would be disappointed.
The rooms are HUGE; the bed is HUGE; the bath is HUGE; everything is huge but in proportion so you only realise how much space you have when your suitcase looks a lot smaller than it did at the last place you stayed.

Everything about the Wynn is smooth; that is the best word for the Wynn, smooth; but in a very sophisticated and pleasant way.

I was at the Wynn to attend a wedding being held there; the dinner after the wedding was in a private room at the Lakeside restaurant; the service and food were of the highest order.

I also ate at La Cave restaurant for dinner and at the Buffet for lunch.
La Cave is a tapas style place and we sat at a table on the terrace and so got some of the benefit of the air-con plus the warm evening air and views of the gardens and pool. About two or three dishes per person is suggested; I had salmon with pasta that was the size of rice grains and tiny hamburgers that melted in the mouth.

The Buffet for lunch is exceptionally good value for $27 (includes non-alcoholic drinks) as there are at least 100 different items on offer and the buffet seems 100 yards from end to end. Don’t worry about seeming greedy by going back for thirds and fourths; they’ll be disappointed if you don’t!

Steve Wynn the owner of the hotel is a vegan and so all the restaurants have a vegetarian and vegan menu. The bride of the wedding I attended is a vegan and she was very pleased to always have the same variety of choice that non-vegos had.

If you stay at the Wynn make sure you go for a swim. The pool is set in beautiful gardens (roses in bloom everywhere when I stayed in September) and the main pool in in 2 parts (but forming one pool); a large oval about 50 yards by 30 yards and a long rectangle about 5 yards wide and 75 yards long off one side of the main pool. There is a smaller lap pool near the outdoor gaming area and bar.

This hotel is not cheap (although the Wynn Encore which is in the same vast complex is a little cheaper) but it is good value for money; although it may seem strange to use those words in relation to a hotel costing hundreds of dollars a night.

Even if you don’t stay at the Wynn, go and have a walk through to see what you are missing; especially the floral display just inside the main entrance; this is a fantasy land of flowers (all real) and lights.
You won’t be able to visit the pool unless you are a guest or with a guest but almost everywhere else is open to non-guests.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,015)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Well, this trip wasn't my idea but went for my birthday. Wasn't sure which hotel to choose, so plumped for the BEST! I can't fault it, full stop. Amazing hotel, our room was on the 30th floor overlooking the golf course where the sun rose in the mornings, it was breathtaking! This place oozes opulence, excitement, chic, fun, it has the lot. Of course we visited a lot of the other hotels on the Strip and this was the BEST by a mile. The staff on the casino floor were friendly and helpful seeing as I'm a bit of a gambling novice. Had a meal in the Country Club one evening, it was to die for, and the Buffet, well, beyond amazing. If you ever get the chance, GO!!!

Room Tip: I'm sure they are all just perfect!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here for the first three nights of our honeymoon in June 2012. From the moment we walked into the hotel we knew it was like nothing else we'd ever experienced before.

The decoration and manner in the hotel were a cut above, fresh flowers everywhere, staff waiting to help.

There was a short delay at check in, but that's to be expected with such a popular hotel. We were soon in our room with an amazing view out over the golf course and pools.

The rooms are unbelievable. The decor, cleanliness and facilities are just the top range for everything. The massive bed was comfortable, the sheets and bedding were perfect. Everything was controlled from a central remote console - temperature, lights, the curtains etc...brilliant. Both bathrooms in our suite were finished to an incredibly high standard.

Breakfast and the restaurants in general were just perfect. Plenty of food, attentive and friendly staff at all times. Very polished operation.

The pools were well kept with - again - friendly and attentive staff. The pool area we had access to from the suites was never too full and there was always room. The other pools with the outdoor casino etc did get a little crowded at times, but again it's a Vegas casino so you expect that.

The gaming areas were great - we're not big gamblers but we found a table without much pressure and enjoyed a couple of hours of fun!

In short everything is taken care of for you. Everything is polished and runs very, very smoothly. The only tip we'll give - take plenty of cash, because the cocktails are so good you'll be on them every night!! The stay was expensive but we knew what we were getting into and planned for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, rooms facing the golf course don't look out over the strip and you get to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We just stayed at the Wynn last weekend for my birthday. I have never been to Vegas because I am less of a 'big hotel' kind of person and more of a boutique hotel in wine country type of person. I thought I would give it a shot because I heard the food was amazing.
I have always wanted to stay at the Wynn because I heard their food options (i.e. Vegan/Gluten Free) were incredible and it was. Anyways, when we arrived at 11am on a Saturday morning the line for check-in was SO long...it turned me off at first because I wasn't accustomed to it but there was a bar nearby and once I had my champagne it wasn't so bad. They gave us a room on the top floor where we could see the sign and it was amazing! We stay at the Ritz often and this room was on par, if not better because it was bigger and had a better shower/tub. (we stayed in the deluxe panoramic room). So the room was gorgeous, the grounds were gorgeous. The pool area was nice but they have to accommodate so many people...it wasn't 'stunning' (but i am from the bahamas and have seen a lot of nice pools! so hard to compare). When we wanted to have lunch at one of the restaurants by the pool there was a long line...which turned me off again but we were directed to another amazing restaurant at the Encore which was perfect (food was great).
We then did some shopping at Caesars and the Venetian (i was thankful we were staying at the Wynn...amazing to see but a little 'much' for my taste). Happy to be back at the Wynn, I used their salon for an updo (i think Kristina? was her name) - she did exactly the photo I asked and I got free champagne :) Then we happily went to La Cave for dinner...and it blew our mind...we shared a wine tasting recommended by Kate their sommelier for each course we ordered and it was phenomenal!!! the food...the wine...best birthday dinner ever!
I highly recommend this place for it's service and quality in everything...I will definitely go back!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Aventura, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

hands down the most elegant, beautiful and upscale hotel on the strip. Decorated incredibly nicely. People are very helpful and accommodating. Outdoor pool is nicely heated and ginormnous! Just a perfect place to go in Vegas.

Room Tip: sister hotel is the encore whose spa is even nicer
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Amazing hotel. It is huge and breathtaking because of its size and scale. Rooms are excellent - get a view overlooking the golf course and go high if you can - 60 stories high and 2,700 rooms this is a massive hotel and takes time to get around the place. Cool swimming pool, great restaurants and massive casino. It has it"s own theatre and Ferrari dealership. It is a whole world under one roof with a great shopping mall opposite the hotel. In a word ....mega !

Room Tip: High and suggest the view from the back of the hotel overlooking the country club.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Amazing hotel - lovely beds and bedding. La reve show the best show I've ever seen - been twice now . The buffet breakfast is good but not as good a the new one at cesars palace.
Loved the little pitza and chocolate cafe visit on a night not expensive and sit outside by waterfalls.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!