“TERRIBLE GUEST SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

You added Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Toronto, Canada
“TERRIBLE GUEST SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I didn't actually stayed in the hotel. I just had a comment about their guest services.

My friend and I were trying to look for a store that sells Celine handbags. We were in a hurry so we decided to ask a staff for help. I went to the check-in area and asked an employee. He said he is not sure and might want to try asking the staffs at the concierge desk. I thanked him and walked to the concierge desk right beside it. When I got there, the female staff was on the phone, so we were patiently waiting. She then said "I'll be right with you." After a few seconds, she asked me, (while still on the phone), "is it a quick question that I could help you with?" I said "Yes, probably (because I would assume she would know about the mall fairly well), Do you know which stores that carry Celine handbags?" Employee: "actually I would have to look that up for you, one second." I waited until she got off the phone. However, once she hung up, she asked me "Are you a guest of our hotel?". I wasn't. Employee: "Sorry, our service is only for the guest of our hotel, you have to go look for it yourself" I just thought that was really ridiculous. I explained that to her that I was in a hurry. She then said "I understand miss, but we only service the guests of our hotel."

I never thought a 5-star hotel would have such poor guest services. I understand that it is a very nice hotel with a high-end experience, however, because of this I will NEVER consider staying at the Wynn hotel if this is how they treat their visitors.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,999)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently experienced my third consecutive stay at Wynn, and once again I was very pleased with my stay. I am a seasoned Las Vegas traveler, visiting for over twenty years. I have stayed at many strip resorts and a few off strip. Wynn is simply beautiful, clean, fantastic location with a very accommodating staff for the size of this property. I love the room configurations and attention to detail. Yes folks they have a resort fee, it is stated in their rates. The vast majority of resorts on the strip have resort fees. I love having robes in the room; this saves valuable space when packing. I also like the use of the room safe. On this trip I did find the check in lines extremely long with only about three staff members working the check-in stations. Wynn can and should improve on that. My check in was very courteous and they were accommodating with my room request. I very much appreciate that and it shows that my return was important to them. I would definitely recommend Wynn and intend to stay many more times.

Taunton uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at the Wynn from 27th till 1st oct, it was totally amazing. This hotel is stunning and so sophisticated. You walk in and all you can smell is fresh flowers, unlike the other hotels which smell of cheap perfum clashing with smoke. Everyone is so helpful and polite. Happy to give advice and answer any questions. Even the maids were lovely.

Checkin was fast, about 5 mins in the line. Lady was very helpful and we up graded our room to a higher floor. Room 5863. I explained we didn't want to pay the resort fee which I had heard everyone has to pay. We only wanted Skype to call our children back in the uk for 10 mins every morning. We didn't pay the fee and she told us that they had free wifi at the terrace point cafe and pizza place. we went here for breakfast every morning and skyped. Breakfast was lovely. One morning I had omelette and hash brown,but the rest of the mornings I had a bagel.which was more than enough for me. For both of us it was about $25.

The pool was amazing, although we hardly used it. Afternoons get crowded and it can be hard to find a bed in the sun. We went the last 2 mornings at 9am for an hour or 2.was hardly anyone there at that time. You get given towels so no need to take any down with you.

Room was fabulous,fantastic decor, large room,large bathroom, switch beside the bed to open curtains. had the most amazing view of the strip and mountains. They have a hair dryer you can use and iron in the room. We were on the 58th floor but I could still hear the music till 4am from the club below. Didn't bother me though as ur not in Vegas to sleep or moan. It's not the end of the world like other people keep moaning about. Bed are the comfiest ever. Pillows are incredible. We nearly bought one to take home from the Wynn shop they are that nice.

Shops are beautiful. Our fav designer is Alexander McQueen so was happy to shop in there.they had Chanel,Dior,Cartier etc. casino was fab but funnily didn't do much gambling. Went to tryst nightclub which was fun. No seats though unless you reserve a table which costs big bucks. Our drinks where $14 each. Bit pricey. Guessing that's about £9.music was great.

We went to the north and south premium outlet shopping mall, both great, fashion mall opposite Wynn is good to. You have to go to strip burger at the fashion mall, lower level, outside on the corner. Best burgers ever. Went to Gordon Ramsey steak at Paris. Most amazing meal we've ever had. Pricey at $220 for 2 but a must. Also ate twice at Lavo in palazzo.yummy,and once at Cheesecake Factory in Caesars palace.

Went to zumanity in New York New York.amazing show and very sensual and sexy and also blue man group.we weren't sure on this show as tickets here wedding gift, but it was terrific.very funny as well, would go again.

Wynn buffet lunch was out of this world. I have a fussy husband and he loved it, from salad,pizza,Italian,fish,Chinese,omelettes,wraps.....and more. I heard the deserts where tasty but omg. They were more than tasty. Choco covered marshmallows to die for. Toffee apples,crispy cakes,carrot cake,cheesecake and more.mmmmmm

To sum it up, this hotel is by far the most beautiful and classy hotel on the strip and we've ever seen. Was very sad to leave. It made our honeymoon staying here and hope one day we can return.

Room Tip: You don't need to pay resort fee, we didn't. Free wifi at terrace point cafe. Buffet is ama...
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

we stayed there for 3 nights in January. the room was at the 61st floor, amazing view, luxurious bathroom!!! everything was perfect!!!
i had a 2hrs massage in the spa, very relaxing!!!
we had the most delicious breakfast / brunch at The Buffet!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Our very spacious room on the 26 th floor had a cracking view of the strip, a tv in the bathroom mirror plus electrically operated curtains! The gambling floor has tons of atmosphere and consequently is a fun place to be. We liked the pool area which were never too crowded and this hotel is opposite a shopping complex which delighted my partner! Downsides? Check in can take a while.

Room Tip: Late check out til 6pm is available for an extra USD100.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Steve Wynn truly is a marketing genius. He's somehow managed to convince a majority of guests that his overpriced, overhyped, glorified Budget Inn is actually the epitome of luxury and class. Ever since I got back, I've been trying to figure out how this hotel is rated so highly. I truly, genuinely do not understand how so many people can give this place 5-stars. Maybe they've never stayed in a true 5-star resort before. Maybe their expectations are lower than mine. Maybe they're grading on the biggest curve imaginable. Hopefully someone can explain it to me, because I just don't get it.

The single biggest problem with this resort is the utterly atrocious level of service guests receive. From the very beginning, the Wynn staff makes it clear that if you're not in the nightclub or the high limit room, you do not matter. They don't care if the booming music from the nightclub is keeping you up. They don't care if you want a late checkout because you'd like to go to lunch at Wazuzu before heading to the airport. They don't care if you've been sitting at the bar for ten minutes without being served. They don't care if your wife is pregnant and needs help getting her bags up to the room. They don't care if your air conditioner can't get the room below 80 degrees. They don't care if your food credit was never properly applied. You are an inconvenience to them, and everything they do is intended to make you go away with as little effort as possible. (Not that I blame the staff. Problems like this almost always start with poor management, and I can only imagine how horrible the Wynn's must be.)

My worst experience with the staff occurred when I asked for late checkout. The agent flat-out lied to me and said they couldn't do that because hotel was fully booked. I know it was a lie because I pulled up the Wynn website on my phone and it still showed availabilities in all room categories. They sure have a funny definition of "fully booked". When I asked to speak to a manager about this, I was promptly ignored. I considered making a big deal out of it, but it was pretty clear the agent was even less happy to be there than I was.

Throughout our entire stay, I never felt like a guest. Instead, the Wynn resort treated me like a walking ATM. Don't get me wrong - I know the whole point of Vegas is to separate you from your money, but most places at least try to be subtle about it. The Wynn is both brazen and relentless. Want water or coffee in your room? That costs extra. Need a rollaway bed for any reason? Aditional charges apply. Do you and your partner both want to connect to the hotel's WiFi? Hope you're willing to pay extra, the resort fee only covers two devices. It's not enough that this is one of the most expensive hotels in the city, with one of the highest resort fees in the city, plus the highest table minimums, the tightest slots, and the most overpriced restaurants, but they go beyond all that and try to squeeze every last nickel they can out of their guests with hidden charges and mandatory fees, including a $150-per-night hold on your credit card "in case you decide to charge anything". It's almost as annoying and all-pervasive as Steve's voice (and the man simply will not shut up about how great his properties are).

The idea that the Wynn is a 5-star resort is laughable. While the resort itself is very pretty, the service is about on par with Motel 6. A 5-star resort would never have security hassle its guests about bringing in outside food. A 5-star resort would never allow its staff to hang up on a guest. A true 5-star resort doesn't have 30-minute waits to check in, or treat all guests like potential vandals, or impose outrageous fees and deposits that don't appear anywhere in the fine print.

If you're just planning to party in XS all night, or if you throw around black chips like candy, you'll probably like the Wynn. For anyone who expects one of the most expensive hotels in Vegas to justify their price, you're going to be very, very disappointed. Staying at the Wynn completely ruined our vacation.

Suresnes, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have been stying here a number of times. Visited other properties on the Strip, but never considered stying anywhere else. Well this year we thought, may be the Madarin Oriental, but after all booked at the Wynn.
Booked a Deluxe Panoramic Corner room for $181 nightly. A bargain for what this is. I think the same room goes for 5 yimes the price during the Convention season. The room is beautiful. They did wait until it faded, they refurbished it before. It is spectacular, and the views cannot be beaten, even from the 39th floor only.

That's where they had us, and at check-in, nothing higher was allegedly available, despite on a wednesday, in August, at 4.00 pm. Yeah. They would not bother.

The room is basically all you get. No evening turndown. They now charge a $20 resort fee. Ridiculous.

Buffet breakfast used to be $20. Still is. Value and quality have gone downhills. The choice is much smaller. All nice fares (Shrimps, berries) are gone. Too bad.

On the Thursday night, we could hear to some loud banging through the windows, that were litterally vibrating. I called the front desk. Thay said, sorry, they had their beach party until 4.00 am. I then realized the lobby was full of overmuscled wannabess with attitude, along their matching short dressed escorts. Guys at the Wynn, get real : the is the desert,not the beach. You have pools. Not beaches. This is a hotel, where people (some call them guests) pay to sleep. And the response I got (and the follow-up =nil) were totally inadequate.

Eventhough I love the Wynn and its rooms, next time I am taking my business to the Madarin Oriental.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!