“A great stay, but not perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Save Saved
You added Wynn Las Vegas to your Saves list
Wynn Las Vegas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Paradise)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$100 RESORT CREDIT
Ranked #5 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
London, United Kingdom
“A great stay, but not perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. Our room was spacious, with a fantastic view of the Strip.

However, there were frustrations. When we arrived, we had got into our room, and a cleaner burst through the door unannounced; there seemed to be a reluctance to replenish our toiletries; our room often wasn't cleaned until after 4pm; and everything comes at an extra charge, including use of the gym and wifi.

Whilst the pool areas are large, the sunbeds are crammed in, and half the area is in complete shade for most of the afternoon.

We were at the Wynn for 10 days, which is a long time in Vegas. I suspect the above may not be so much of an issue for a shorter break.

The restauarnts are great. In particular, the Country Club for Sunday brunch is a must.

Room Tip: Definitely request a view over the Stip
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

7,943 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,641)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My new wife and I had our wedding ceremony at the Wynn in Las Vegas. They did a wonderful job. The staff at the wedding chapels helped us throughout our planning and through the ceremony itself. I cannot say enough great things about them. We were left in very capable hands. If you are considering a wedding in Las Vegas I believe you will go away from the Wynn equally impressed.
We did have a mix up as far as our transportation back to the airport. However, we did take care of it ourselves. (a limo was to drive us back after our stay.) However, it all worked out for us and we made our flight so, no harm done.
I docked the Wynn for the Spa because there isn't one (its being refurbished, it will be reopened later this month) during our stay. However, I did partake in a message and my masseuse was excellent. We stayed in a Salon suite, strip side, on the 36th floor. The music is loud, the cop sirens are loud, as well as the traffic. But, you're on the Strip in Vegas so I figured it would be and I really didn't mind. However, if you wish not to be bothered by these challenges ask for a room on the other side (golf course side). This will take these distractions away for you. The turn-down service was great. Those folks do a fantastic job. During this visit and a visit prior we stayed in the Tower Suites. These suites are provided a separate check in along with other extra amenities. If you have the opportunity to experience this yourself I recommend you do without hesitation. It will be an incredible experience for you. Again, without the airport transfer confusion the Wynn was absolutely perfect. All of the staff work very hard to please their guests. This was our second visit there and we again walk away very impressed.

Room Tip: High floor strip side will still be loud as I mentioned above. However, if you request a room on th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fontana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My Wife and I visited the Wynn Hotel and Casino from August 26th to the 28th, 2012
We took advantage of the promtional flyer that we received in the mail.
I read several of the reviews that were posted on Tripadvisor, There were good and bad.

We have to say that our trip was Excellent. We did not encounter Any problems. The room we had was probably one of the best we have ever stayed in.

We booked our trip with a flyer that came in the mail. It was for a Resort King room, Two show tickets to Le Reve- The Dream, and one breakfast or lunch buffett for two, all for around $311.00 .

Make sure if you take advantage of this offer, to check and see if there are any restrictions.
The show is dark two days during the week and the buffett may not be available on certain days.
When you book your trip, make sure and call to reserve your show ticket seats.

This place is expensive. There is a $25.00 a day resort fee. This is added regardless, It was still a good deal.

We only ate at the lunch buffett, This was awesome....Lots of food to chose from. It was a little slow getting through the line....They should have more staff to seat you.

Like I said before....Everything is expensive here, We took advantage of all that was included with our offer, Very Nice Pool.

We will Definitely return if we receive another offer. It would be too expensive to stay there without it.

Greg & Lisa W , Fontana, CA

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the nightclub noise.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I feel like I've stayed at quite a few Vegas hotels since I used to work for the airlines. This is my first time staying at the Wynn and this place is AMAZING! There's a totally different vibe here. It's bright, clean and new. When we checked in it was the fastest check in ever and we were also offered a chance to stay in the Tower Suites for an extra 35.00 which was soooooo worth it. We are definitely foodies and really enjoyed all the restaurants at the Wynn. I think we only left for a couple meals. I think our only complaint would be the noise from one of the clubs at night. Where are room was we could hear music going until 4am. We ended up getting a noise machine across the street at the mall which solved everything. Oh and the location of this hotel was perfect. You have the best mall ever right across the street as well as the Venetian that has a bunch of stores. Ok there's shopping in every hotel close by to the Wynn. We let the hotel know about the noise and they are working on trying to get something worked out with the club. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Maybe ask them if there is a room on further away from the club or that might be more quiet. :)
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great job Wynn Las Vegas for hiring an honest employee like Ruth Corga. I was not a guest of your hotel, but I was of your casino.

I lost my iPhone during a very busy Saturday on this Labor Day weekend after playing at one of your blackjack tables. When I realized what I had done, my boyfriend and I went back and spoke with the dealer and pit boss. They were very sympathetic and said they had not seen the cell phone. I accepted the phone as a loss and was sure no one would ever turn it in. Everyone we dealt with was very friendly and explained that your employees are required to turn in any found items. Our skepticism made us sure that that wouldnt happen.

My boyfriend made a last ditch effort call to your lost and found department two days later and we were shocked to learn that your wonderful employee had found the phone and turned it in. It's nice to know that there are people with integrity like Ruth at the Wynn who offer a sure sense of security.when they visit your hotel and casino. Thank you! :)

By the way, since this is trip advisor, I will add the hotel and casino are beautiful and very glamorous. The casino is very clean, comfortable, open, and offers a friendly atmosphere for where to enjoy yourself with your friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Wynn ruined my wedding day and I hope others won't made the same mistake I did, which was choosing to stay at Wynn for a special occasion.

I made two back-to-back reservations for our wedding at Wynn and was assured during check- in that it was all taken care of, that I would be staying in the same room for 4 nights and wouldn't need to check out and check in again. I have had back-to-back reservations at other hotels before and never had a problem, so I never thought a 5-star hotel like Wynn would have trouble handling that.

Early morning on my wedding day, housekeeping barged in despite that we have privacy setting on. After I went downstairs to pick up my fiance's tux and my veil, I found that my key card was not working. I went downstairs to the front desk and talked to the staff about the dysfunctional key. The guy told me to stand in line. I told him my wedding is in a few hours and my room key didn't work, he told me to stand in line. After waiting for a while, I asked to talk to the manager. A guy named Curtis said he was the manager and when I told him that I needed to access my room to get ready for my wedding, he told me to stand in line. After waiting in line for 20 minutes with my veil on my left hand and a set of heavy tux on my right and no end in sight, I broke into tears since I was supposed to be in my room getting ready for my wedding hair and makeup if not for Wynn's dysfunctional key and impersonal service. After I don't know how long, I called the wedding salon manager and she came to the rescue and I finally got a working room key. I was told that my key didn't work since we were automatically checked out of the room, but why? At 10am? I was never offered an explanation.

Just when I thought everything was settled, when I was putting on makeup in my room, another guy wanted to come into the room to check the mini bar . It was not a pleasant experience spending the morning of your wedding day telling people why they shouldn't come into your room.

Thanks to Wynn, I was late to my own wedding and not in a good mood. I have to say that the Wynn wedding salon did a great job and provided excellent service, unlike the rest of Wynn that I have experienced.

Aside from the horrible service and the less than ideal location on the Strip, Wynn is decent, but is it worth the risk of ruining your special occasion with the horrible service? Definitely not. I am going back to Four Seasons next time, at least they know what good service means.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Wynn is a nice luxury property but there's too much of everything. Like most Las Vegas properties you're forced to walk about a 1/4 mile through the casino to get to your elevator bank. There are slobs everywhere in the hotel, with sloppy clothing, tatoos everywhere, poor grooming, shorts and sandals and alot of cigarette smoking. The rooms are quiet and have expensive hardware and technology, but the mattress scored 2 points out of 5 on my scale and this is a huge disappointment for this category of hotel (the score accounts for firmness, plushness, age, sag and responsiveness).

All of the above could probably be tolerated at a much lower price than we paid (about $230).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wynn Las Vegas? Share your experiences!