“Stunning hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano Las Vegas

You added Delano Las Vegas to your Saves list
Delano Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3940 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Formerly THEhotel at Mandalay Bay) (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #21 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Stunning hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Dalano during a work trip for a convention at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. My room, which was a "standard" room, had a sitting room with a work desk and a half-bath and also a sleeping room with a separate full bath. Both rooms had floor to ceiling windows and there were TVs in both rooms and in the full bath.

The bath had a shower and a big soaking tub which I enjoyed using after a long day on my feet. I had two minor problems with my room, one, a broken clock radio, was not fixed until I reported it a second time. The more serious issue (the water in the shower was so hot it was scorching and there was no way to make it cooler) was fixed before I returned to the room.

The staff was helpful and friendly and assisted me in obtaining tickets to see "O" at the Bellagio. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Delano and would stay here again if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Service level was impressive through entire stay. Both Kate and Steve at front desk were extremely helpful & beyond professional.
Steve spent time to tell me about some of the art, meaning of the lamps at front desk along with rug thru lobby. All very interesting..I love learning about the history and artwork.
Thank you for an awesome stay!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here before when it was The Hotel and it was one of my favorite Las Vegas hotels. Still game free/smoke free which is what I prefer.
Sees like maybe they've cheapened a bit , it doesn't seem to have the same feel but it's still clean, nice and comfortable. Staff is always great, too. If the price is right, I'll be back.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
DLV_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano Las Vegas, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello Patrioticpatriot1,

Thank you for your review and continued patronage! While I am pleased by your comments regarding our comfortable suites and exceptional guest service, I am saddened that Delano Las Vegas did not live up to the expectations that you were accustomed to when it was THEhotel. Your comments allow us to continue to measure our success in providing the ultimate luxury hotel experience to each guest we serve. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your valued feedback!

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Loved how there was tvs in every room including the bathroom. Wish we could have spent more time in the hotel because it was so nice. I am not sure why people complained about the pillows because we slept like babies. I would hands down stay here again. We felt like VIPs and were treated so well, early check in, late check out, no issue. Nice how you have access to Mandalay bay only steps away. Only issue was all the kids who kind of took over the pool, hot tubs and lazy river. But there is nothing you can do about that. Love the Delano! Planning our next trip :)

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Talia69,

I thank you for providing a recount of your great stay! Our goal at Delano Las Vegas is to make your stay memorable so you return home inspired by what you have experienced. I am absolutely thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! Given the countless options in Las Vegas, we greatly appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you. It would be our honor to be your choice hotel during your future visits!

Delano Las Vegas
Altadena, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We arrived in Las Vegas having made reservations at the Mandalay Bay for a brief overnight stay, The person behind the counter took a very long time confirming our reservation, then announced that he'd switched us to a room on the 60th floor of the neighboring structure, the Delano. This required us to walk the length of the casino with our luggage, and upon arriving at our assigned room we discovered that a noisy wedding was in progress In the adjoining room. We called the front desk and were assigned another room 36 floors below, which necessitated another round of baggage-lugging. There was no apology from hotel management, no offer of help moving our bags. There were also no shampoo or other amenities in the 24th floor room's bathroom, requiring another call to the front desk.

Dinner at the hotel coffee shop was ok, too expensive by probably 50%, but one comes to expect this in Las Vegas. One also expects to be charged for use of the hotel's business center to print a boarding pass; the trouble with the Delano was that the printer would not print anything, but went on charging us anyway. The cost, which would have been forty cents under normal circumstances, had grown to $4 before we gave up and contacted the exceptionally incompetent concierge, who printed the passes but informed us that no refund was possible because we had no receipt (the printer wouldn't print one) and because the hotel wasn't responsible for the condition of the printers. We thought that this was an interesting take on things, given that the printers are on hotel property, guests are sent to the business center by hotel personnel when they need to print boarding passes, and no room printers are provided for this purpose. The concierge sent us back into the business center for the phone number to call for a refund, which of course was nowhere to be found. When we reported this, she informed us that she'd be glad to help us after she'd finished with her other clients. We left without the refund.

If it were your hotel, not to mention your hotel with a casino that's practically a license to print money, wouldn't you keep a small petty cash fund available, and instruct your staff to refund the guest's money and offer an apology when something like this happens? If you were the concierge, facing a pair of frustrated clients, wouldn't you do more than tell the clients to cool their heels until you were ready to help? Not at the Delano.

Not one part of our stay, from arrival to departure, was made special or pleasurable by hotel staff. The maids would say hello when we passed them in the hallway, the baggage handlers, working for tips, were friendly and helpful, but otherwise, no. This was a bad experience exacerbated by a hotel staff for whom client service was simply not a priority. In my view, this is not merely a staff problem, but an instance of bad (or uncaring) management.

Will we return to the Mandalay Bay for another try one day? Vegas isn't exactly lacking in options. As they say, it will be a cold day in hell . . .

Room Tip: Question everything staff does that you don't understand. Don't let them bait and switch yo...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
DLV_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano Las Vegas, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello Mark S,

It is very upsetting to learn that your recent stay was anything less than exceptional. Our guests are our foremost priority and we strive to provide attentive and quick responses to any guest requests or comments. I am terribly sorry if you did not receive this timely service from the various team members you encountered. Please know that these shortfalls are not reflective of our standards and goals, and it is quite regrettable that you had to endure such circumstances. Guest comments, like yours, are appreciated as they allow us to understand when, why, and how unusual operational shortfalls occur. I hope I can address this matter further with you and offset these difficulties. Thank you for reaching out to us and I look forward to hearing from you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My two room suite is a dream, there's a nice sitting room for my other guest to enjoy TV, while the beds are separate. The beds are amazing, and comfortable & like sleeping in a cloud. The bathroom has a shower and the most comfortable tub that I could hold a small party in. The amenities of the hotel are a dream, from the spa, to the coffee bar and including the smaller, more private pool on the Mandalay property. I can't say enough about what a great mini staycation this has been.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Hello EmmePink,

Thank you for this amazing review! It has been our pleasure serving you during your recent staycation and I appreciate your generous comments. Our local guests are very dear to us (after all, we are locals, too) and we take great pride in providing you with an exceptional stay. We look forward to spoiling you once again!

Larchmont, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was the first time I was in Las Vegas with children, and we were there just for two nights after an Arizona trip. We chose the Delano because of the suites and also because there is no casino right in the Delano which we thought would be better for children, and it was. The Delano is connected to the Mandalay Bay, so you have all of those services and that Casino right there, including the pools and Shark Reef also great for kids. The entry to the Delano is a little strange, the lobby is entered off the underground garage. But once you are in it's very nice. Check in was first class, concierge was very helpful. The room was beautiful and spacious - two real rooms with two bathrooms, and a wet bar. Just perfect, really. We loved the TV in the bathroom! Amenities were the Malin +Goetz and some of the nicest I've seen -big quantities too! Great herbal scents. Huge bathroom with separate tub and shower. Décor was pale greys and modern but not cold. Our view was fine, not the Strip but the other side. The room was very quiet. Hallways were gorgeous. Housekeeping excellent and they came while we were at breakfast which is VERY important to me. What I really liked was that it was separated from the Mandalay casino by a corridor, but it wasn't that far. My one complaint is that the Delano didn't have it's own pool open (like the Four Seasons does) so you are relegated to the Mandalay Bay ZOO pool and I do mean ZOO. Too crowded and stressful. I think they may have opened their own pool just for Delano clients now. Regarding dining, we didn't dine right in the Delano but there is a nice bar, club and restaurant, and a pricey coffee bar that all seemed nice. And then you can go to anything in the Mandalay Bay and also the mall going toward the Luxor. I would definitely stay at the Delano again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Delano Las Vegas? Share your experiences!