“Extremely Perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano Las Vegas

You added Delano Las Vegas to your Saves list
Delano Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3940 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Formerly THEhotel at Mandalay Bay) (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #22 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fontana, California
“Extremely Perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Very nice experience at Delano. You will be greeted with sincerity by staff upon arrival and throughout your stay. Just enough so as not to feel overdone. Décor in the rooms is very crisp and clean. There was plenty of room in the suites. Simple things like soaps and lotion, along with a great shower and tub made downtime in the room quite relaxing. Because it's connected to Mandalay but not "in" it, you get all of the conveniences of their dining and casino, but can literally be separated from it at the same time. Highly recommend Delano. Can't wait until their private pool will be ready! p.s Take the elevator to the top floor for great views and great dinner at Mix! awesome.
Well done from top to bottom. It's clear management and employees care.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Visited the Delano for my first and last time from April 10-16.
Positives were: Hotel is very, very nice...rooms are spacious and comfortable, but a bit sterile. Della's Cafe serves some outstanding breakfast options, and we had some fun in the Mandalay Bay resort overall.
Negatives were:
Check in: Even though we checked in on-time (not early) we were told the only room that was ready was an accessible room which ended up having a shower roughly as usable and comfortable as an RV shower. I assume this is an approach the hotel uses to fill less-desirable rooms with travel-weary folks who need an immediate rest.
Service: Our interactions with hotel staff including the concierge desk revealed what I would describe as a pretentious staff who seemed bothered by the "typical" guest. I suppose good service is reserved for the upper-floor guests.
Prices: This is an upscale place and is priced as such, so we figured that room service, etc., would be spendy. But $4.00 to use the in-room Keurig is full-on price gouging. I went to the grocery store and bought a box of K-cups for $7 instead. The hotel's pricing model for sundries and such is equally predatory, anywhere from 3-5 times average retail price. Once again, we travel to upscale places regularly, but this is the first time I can honestly say I've been to a place that unabashedly price gouges its guests.
Overall: a very nice property that we had a poor experience visiting. There are lots of choices in Vegas, we'll be trying a different one next time.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had stayed at this property a few times when it was called "THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay" and enjoyed the all suite concept. This time I was disappointed in the redo although it is tasteful. Chief complaints, bedroom closet was very small and short so long items couldn't be hung, a lot of drapes that were awkward to open and close (the handle broke off one set), TV without any regular TV networks like ABC, NBC, or CBS. I had booked months before, checked in well in advance but was only given a room on the 23rd floor of this 60 plus floor hotel...so the view wasn't great. On this trip, I had stayed a few nights previously at the Four Seasons Hotel which is part of the same complex. I really regretted leaving the Four Seasons as it was a real come down to compare the Delano to the Four Seasons. Bed was comfortable and the bath well appointed with separate tub and shower. The view as not stellar although I had booked a "panoramic view" room, it really just looked out at the other tower of Mandalay Bay. My room was also attached to the elevator track for the outdoor elevator to the top floor, so it rumbled up and down all day and night, quite noisy. I wouldn't go back here, preferring either the Four Seasons, or Wynn Encore Tower Suites.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled with "panoramic view" and ask to be away from the outdoor elevator sha...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Delano from April 11th to 15th. This was my third stay there since October and i will be back. I can't say enough good things about this property.

What I love about it:

10.) Spacious suites recently renovated. They include a small wet bar and a second bathroom (powder room) off the sitting area which comes in handy when entertaining.
9.) The most efficient and friendly check in of any property on the strip that I have stayed in. (I've stayed in 7 different ones over the 15-20 trips I have made to Vegas).
8.) The cab lines are the shortest of any major hotel on the strip. This is a bigger deal than you might think.
7.) You access the lobby and elevator bank to your room without having to walk miles through a casino. I can stand the walking, but sometimes I just want serenity when I arrive and when I return from a show or dinner.
6.) While the hotel itself is calm and peaceful, it is only a 2-3 minute walk from the lobby to the Mandalay Casino.
5.) Limited dining options available at the Delano, but you are a 5-10 minute walk from an extensive array of restaurants at Mandalay Bay the suit every taste and budget.
4.) The House of Blues is an incredible venue that hosts a variety of premium artists. I saw Willie Nelson there and already have tix. for Santana later this year.
3) The "Cut of the Week" menu at Charlie Palmer Steak at the Four Seasons part of Mandalay Bay. Simply the best deal of any premium steakhouse on the strip. 3 course meal (salad, main, and dessert) with bottomless wine pairings for $48.
It is a set menu changes every week. If you don't like the set menu there is also a Michael Jackson One menu for $49 that gives you a a choice of options at each of the three courses and bottomless wine. They don't exactly promote these menus so make sure you ask for them when you are seated.
2) The outdoor Lounge at "Mix" is one of the best views you can find on the strip. Period.

And the #1 reason I love the Delano - the Staff.

Each one you meet is friendly and treat you as if you are important to them.

Special thanks to all the housekeeping staff who are attentive without being intrusive, Tamara in the amenities shop, Nicholas (my Executive Host), and Terri (the BEST concierge) for all their efforts in making this an incredible stay!

Thanks again Delano.

See you again in the fall

Room Tip: request a room on the south side of the hotel to avoid noise from the airport and from the nightclub
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at this hotel three times now, and each time has been wonderful. It's nice to have that second bathroom to put on my make up on while my hubby is taking a hot shower! The beds were comfortable, and plenty of closet and draw space for everything. Having a living room was great for the late night snacks and drinks. Housekeeping was great, I spilled my coke all over the living room table, I was able to clean it up, but the room directory and magazines were wet. I laid them out to dry, they didn't look too bad, but they were replaced anyway.

I was asked at check-in if I was superstitious, I laughed and said no. The clerk said good, I'm giving you the 13th floor! It was a Saturday night and the Mix lounge would be going full force, and we didn't hear a sound from the club, which I have read some others complaining about.

The hotel is nice and quiet, but just a little walk to Mandalay Bay and your in all the casino action. This is my favorite place to stay in Vegas.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
DLV_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano Las Vegas, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello Beba,

I appreciate your TripAdvisor input. We greatly enjoy having the opportunity to host a romantic getaway for you and your husband. Thank you for sharing your kind comments. We value your patronage and hope to welcome you back to Delano Las Vegas soon!

Drew Effler
Delano Las Vegas Guest Relations
Guests@delanolasvegas.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

So much fun! Amazing staff, room, and pools!!! Everyone was so nice and helpful. Our room was awesome. The delano is very modern and nice. Seriously already planning my next trip! Cannot wait to come again!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Each room is a suite. Loved the decor, comfortable bed and very large room, living room separate from bedroom and a large full bathroom. Great service. Great view. Largest pool system with a lazy river and a large wave pool. Cabana with tv and comfortable seating and fans. Shark reef aquarium was cool- you could touch the sting rays. Franklin's bar, kumi restaurant were my favorites.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Hello tinaswig,

Thanks for providing such a wonderful review of your recent visit! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our décor, accommodations and some of our dining venues, like Franklin and Kumi! Your return to Delano Las Vegas is highly anticipated by our team!

Drew Effler
Delano Las Vegas Guest Relations
Guests@delanolasvegas.com

Been to Delano Las Vegas? Share your experiences!