“Delano at Mandalay Bay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano Las Vegas

You added Delano Las Vegas to your Saves list
Delano Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3940 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Formerly THEhotel at Mandalay Bay) (The Strip)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #23 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
dundas ontario canada
“Delano at Mandalay Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Another visit to Delano and Mandalay Bay to boast about!! This resort is one of the best I have experienced. The room is luxurious...plush robes and towels in. bathrooms that shone. Three TV's but hardly had them on since we were out of the beautiful suite experiencing Mandalay Spa, pool and lazy river. This resort offers something for everyone...so much to see and do. Michael One is topnotch entertainment. I have seen the show 4 times and will still go again as I see something I missed everytime. Don't miss Shark Reef, Citizens and Mandalay Spa. Too many great experiences to mention...Mix lounge for the best strip view at night in Vegas!!! The best bed and linens...even better than my own at home! Luxurious.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Orem, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I typically stay in Trump tower when I'm in Las Vegas, I enjoy the no smoking and no casino stay there. However, this trip brought me to the south end of the strip and the Delano seemed like a great hotel to stay in that met those requirements of mine.

This used to be called THEhotel but they changed the name a while back. Our check-in process was great, very quick and very helpful because the agent was willing to answer all my questions.

There are two different elevator rooms depending on which floor you're staying on. 2-23 is one and 24 and up is the other. Next to the elevators they have a big mirror and everyday they would write a inspirational quote on it which was really cool.

The halls with the rooms were very nice and quite. One thing that I loved about this hotel is the room keys are RFID so all you need to do is tap them on the door and the room unlocks. None of that insert and pull out stuff. Plus RFID cars are less likely to deactivate for whatever reason being in your wallet or pocket.

The room was great. Very clean, well maintained. There was a living room with a couch and chairs, a table and a mini bar. Of course there was a good sized TV as well.

the only complaint I have about this area is the fridge. They stock it with sodas, alcohol, and snacks and charge you $6 for a fun size bag of cheetos. Really? I see this every so often and I just can't believe that they do this. Walk down to the little hotel store and buy them for way less.

Honestly, the most frustrating thing about it was that they say you can't move or replace any of them or else you'll be charged (which I understand) but then they say they have room in the fridge if you need to place any personal things in there. The shelf that they leave you is about 3 inches wide and about 1.2 feet long. REALLY?! I went and ate Indian food and came back with leftovers which there was no room for.

Anyway, the bed was very soft, decent pillows. the view from the room was of the strip which was cool. Big TV in the room and in the bathroom. The bathroom was big and roomy with a nice tub and shower.

If you're staying here and need a good place to eat, check-out Mix, a roof-top restaurant nearby in Mandalay. Amazing food and amazing view (look for my review).

Overall, if you're on the south end of the strip you need to check this place out.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I recently had a reunion with my college room mate in Las Vegas and we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite at the Delano on the strip. The rooms are very spacious, have excellent amenities and are extremely nice. The hotel staff is extremely efficient, very friendly and go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. I highly recommend this facility. The only thing not perfect with this stay is the location of the hotel. It is at the south end of the strip.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at The Delano Hotel in January for a wedding. Our service at check-in was fantastic (especially after nearly 40 hours travelling). We had room service that night that was prompt, and again, great service. The room itself was spectacular. The 'half-sized' bath is ginormous. I would definitely recommend The Delano.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor if you can, we were on Level 35 and the view of the strip was spectacular
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Greater London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at Delano on my last night (a Wednesday) of 3 in Vegas, as I wanted to try a newer hotel and treat myself to something a little more upscale than my accommodation the first two nights. I was travelling solo and picked Delano as I liked the look on their website of the clean, modern rooms and large soaking tub in the bathroom.

Finding the valet parking at Mandalay Bay and Delano always seems a little harder than some other locations as the entrances are down what seems like a side street off the strip. However once driving in I was greeted courteously by the valet. As soon as I grabbed my luggage out of the trunk I had to ask the valet the direction I should be heading as it wasn’t immediately obvious. Little did I know this was only the start of my directional queries on this visit!

I walked towards the direction the valet pointed me and walked through some doors, there was no signage so I hoped I was heading the right away as I walked through another set of doors and into the hotel lobby. I was overwhelmed slightly as the lighting was very dim and there was loud dance music playing on the sound system. I am a fan of house and trance music but this seemed a little overpowering given that I was in a hotel lobby, not a nightclub. I kept walking, all the time glancing for signage. There were none, the only sign I spotted was a small brass “Elevators” plaque. I eventually found the “front desk” which was actually at the back. I was greeted courteously by a host and directed to the check in clerk. There was no queue so check in was swift. I was put on a very low floor, 4th if I remember correctly. Not sure what I did to deserve such a low floor or perhaps I was meant to tip in order to get a higher floor, but frankly I was so tired I didn’t bother requesting any such thing and took my keycard, ready to head to the room.

I walked back to the elevators and noted that there were 4 elevators and then a 5th that seemed tucked away a little bit, so if that was the one that arrived you’d hear the “bing” then be looking around to find where it came from …

Once I reached my floor I stepped out and was a little confused as at one end appeared a wall and the other a mirror (so it looked like a wall). Plus of course, no signs … Once I got my bearings I headed to my room. As I was on a lower floor they seemed to have some meeting facilities, so as I walked down the corridor (I had a corner suite) I passed two meeting rooms that were being packed up and a couple of people in the corridor using laptops. That was certainly a new experience for me in Vegas!

Finally I reached my room and used the keycard to enter. These are pretty cool RFID devices rather than magnetic swipe cards, so they are quite keen that you return them as I guess they’re more expensive than the disposable magenetic items. Upon entering my room I was very impressed. Immediately to the right upon entry is a small washroom then direclty ahead was the lounge area. The decor is very clean and modern. For some it might be a little too bare but for me the white, grey and black colour scheme works well and suits my taste. I have pictures of all the room areas mentioned in this review. The couch was comfortable and the flat screen TVs were impressive, modern items. Heading into the bedroom the quality continued, with a comfortable bed and I loved the way the TV appeared to “float” through the curtains. The bathroom was perfect - the tub was very deep, there was a TV, large walk-in shower and a separate toilet. Dual sinks, large, lit mirror, robes … all very impressive. There were other small touches too, such as a small “night light” by the door inside the bathroom. This stayed on all the time and was great for finding your way to the bathroom in the dark without disturbing a partner or whoever else you may be entertaining … !

I went back into the bedroom to unpack and this was where I hit my first room snag. The wardrobe was tiny. Whilst there were several hangers, realistically you were unlikely to be able to use them all without crushing your clothes against each other. I was bemused by such a design decision. Then came the next blow … there is no iron or ironing board. Now I’m not a fan of ironing but I do like to dress smartly and when living out of a suitcase, to me these are essential items else I’d be walking around covered in creases. I have never stayed in a hotel in the USA that didn’t have these basic essentials. Perhaps they want you to use the in-house laundry services? I’ve just no idea how you’re meant to live out of a suitcase without these items ...

Next up I checked out the wet bar and the fridge was fully stocked, although no room for personal items as is often the case. There was a coffee maker but … the provided coffee cups/pods were a chargeable item! $4.95 per cup … again, another very bizarre decision. Why pay that when you can pay a little more and have someone make it for you? I guess you could bring your own cups and coffee pods in the suitcase space you won’t be using for the clothes you can’t hang up or iron …

I decided to head downstairs and over to the casino and get some food. Once I was downstairs, the lack of signage really started to bug me. I had to go into the shop and ask the lady how to get to the casino. Thankfully it was literally a 2 minute walk and took you straight onto the edge of the Mandalay Bay casino and entrance to the Mandalay Shops…

Overall I left Delano feeling somewhat unimpressed. Whilst the room itself was nice and felt relatively luxurious, the overall feel of the place was that it was trying too hard. Why no signage? Are signs uncool? Why the loud obnoxious music throughout the lobby? Maybe it has more of a party feel at weekends but on a Wednesday night it felts out of place. And the decisions of the coffee, ironing facilities and tiny wardrobe all need rethinking. If they sorted out these items I would go back, but otherwise I would pick the main Mandalay Bay rooms over Delano.

Room Tip: Avoid lower floors due to meeting rooms
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a convention at Mandalay... it's nice to be that convenient, but also nice to be able to get away from the hulabaloo that is "Mandalay Bay"... I'd highly recommend it!! When you stay, however, request a higher floor so that you are away from the ventilation systems and don't get any of the smoke smells shoudl you choose to open your window at night.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor, away from the air ventilation systems.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If you love clean white rooms and beautiful views. This place is definitely the place you want to spend your bucks hands down. From the design to the friendly staff this is one place my bucks will definitely be spent at.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Delano Las Vegas? Share your experiences!