“Delano was very nice.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delano Las Vegas

You added Delano Las Vegas to your Saves list
Delano Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3940 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Formerly THEhotel at Mandalay Bay) (The Strip)   |
Ranked #27 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Delano was very nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We stayed for two nights here, Dec. 7-9 2014. On arrival the entrance has two very large boulders. This seemed very odd for the fact that the boulders were the only thing adding nothing to the decor of the entrance. It lacked a warm, welcoming feeling. It rather gave me a feeling like , an idea was not finished or executed well. Then you enter the lobby. It was quiet and decoded in a warm welcoming atmosphere. I really liked the small separate living rooms you walk by to get to registration. Very tastefully done. Check in was rather a long wait, since there was only on hospitality clerk assisting guest for check in, at 4:30 pm. The clerk was very nice and was tried to keep us in the same room since we had two a joining nights under different reservations. The room had a small living room. A couch, comfy chair, desk and chair, small refrigerator also. The fridge had on Chelf you could use for personal items but was very small. It measured 4 inches by 14 inches. You would not be able to put left overs on the Chelf for none of the containers would fit. The couch was not very comfortable, fabric seemed like a woven synthetic, feeling much like plastic. The view from the room was of the empty lot across the street from the Delano. Did have floor to ceiling windows also. The bedroom was a little more comfortable. King size bed ab
Nd a white fabric covered head board the reached from floor to ceiling.bed was very comfortable. His and her closets also. There was a flat screen television but cable kept going in and out several time in an hour because it is run of the internet they offer, which also was very unreliable. Bathroom was a nice size, with a large soaking tub, separate shower, his and her sinks, and separate toilet. They hung two complimentary robes on the back of bathroom door, also slippers were available. The bathroom had a vanity mirror, hair dryer and complimentary toiletries. There was also a scale offered but was not functional. Room was fairly quiet unless someone was in halls, you could here hall conversations quiet easily. The whole experience was good for the money, we received an offer to upgrade to the Delano for $20 more over the Mandalay Bay's room.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Delano was formerly known as theHotel at Mandalay Bay. The updates are beautiful. The room is mostly white instead of the gray and black color scheme. The theme is not as strong as it was, but everything has been cleaned; no more dirt in the corners. A travel hair dryer is provided, but it is not very powerful. The amenities consist of rum-scented hand soaps and peppermint shampoo. Room service has been improved as delivery is less than 30 minutes. This location is best for easy taxi to airport access. It is also very easy parking and strip traffic can be easily avoided.

Room Tip: No need to pay extra for a strip view because all views are excellent. You will get either mountain...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Monmouth, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was initially booked at Mandelay Bay for a Santana concert I was to attend and received an email from the Delano that I had been bumped to their hotel. I printed a copy of the letter to take with me as I was to arrive late and didn't want there to be any questions refarding this transfer. I arrived late and after verification, I was given a suite facing the Luxur with a panaramic view from the living area and bedroom. The bathroom was gorgeous and it felt like I was sleeping on a cloud above Vegas. The accomodations were beautiful. The hotel is just a short distance inside to the House of Blues and Mandalay Bay Casino. It is a nonsmoking hotel and the hotel smells really good. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I was booked through MLife as a MtVegas player for my reservation so the only down side was my room nights were booked individually and therefore my second & third night I had to have my room key revalidated.

Room Tip: The panaramic view I had from the 23rd floor was amazing. One of the better rooms I have ever stayed...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I enjoy my stay over all at Delano Las Vegas my room was the best the entertainment is second to none their is lots to do and with the Tram dropping us off at the Delano great also this Resort is located close to all the places I wanted to be on this trip to Vegas

Room Tip: My room was comfortable, just know what you take out of the fridge is charge right away.....
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My partner and I upgraded to a Delano Suite when we checked into the Mandalay Bay, and we were not disappointed. The two room suite had a spectacular view of the Strip, was extremely comfortable, and stylish. Every morning we were excited to see what "quote" was going to be on the mirror, and became a great conversation with our friends.

While we were at the Delano, we took in a spa day. First, let me say that there is nothing that I can write here that will do this spa justice. It's peaceful, quiet, and the attendants come through the cabana area every few minutes to make sure that you are taken care of.

We cannot wait to go back to the Delano next year for our annual Las Vegas convention. Now to invite our friends or not ;-)

Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our Delano Panoramic Suite on the 34th floor was fabulous. We travel to Las Vegas often and have stayed in many of the 4 and 5 star properties along the Strip. We had always enjoyed TheHotel and we were anxious to see the changes made when it was re-branded as the Delano. We were not disappointed; it’s beautiful. The service we experienced during our three nights stay was exceptional. The Delano is a non-gaming hotel, however, it’s a quick 5-minute walk (indoors) to the main Mandalay Bay casino floor.

The décor is modern and minimalist. The bed was dreamy and apparently they changed out the pillows everyone was complaining about because our pillows were great. The main bathroom is huge with separate shower and a very nice and comfortable soaking tub. Bath linens and bath products were top notch. The oddest thing about the suite was the lack of closet space as it was pretty much nonexistent. We had to hang our formal clothing on the back of the bathroom door. Not a deal breaker; just odd considering they just renovated and must have decided a functional closet was not necessary?? The views were stellar from the floor to ceiling windows. We were there during a full moon, which was an additional treat at night. It’s nice to have a two-room suite as it allows you to relax in a living room environment instead of only having a bed and usually a very uncomfortable desk chair to sit on. We were able to invite friends in for a cocktail before heading out to play.

Our suite was a corner room and faced to the East. At night, the glass elevator to MIX ran up and down directly next to our bedroom window. It’s pretty noisy. We were not put off by it but some could be; especially if you are a light sleeper.

We like the Mandalay Bay complex but note that it is at the very South end of the Strip. If it’s your first trip to LV you may prefer to be more center Strip. It’s a good haul on foot and a $12 to $18 cab ride to the middle of the action if you plan to venture out. You can take the tram for free but it only gets you two properties to the North. You can also ride the Deuce Bus up and down the Strip 24/7 for $8 bucks per person.

I spent a full day in the BathHouse Spa; it was divine. We did not dine anywhere on the property but we have dined at MIX in the past and it was spectacular (so was the bill)…

The Delano is a beautiful hotel. We will return and would recommend it.

Note: If you are looking for a great Las Vegas show, check out Absinthe at Caesars. It’s definitely for adults only. It’s raunchy, amazing and EXCELLENT. One of the best show’s on the Strip!

Have Fun. Viva Vegas!

Room Tip: Our Panoramic View Suite was EPIC...
Port Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was booked into the Mandalay Bay main hotel but accepted an upgrade to the all suite Delano (formerly THEhotel) because I had friends staying there who had arranged for me to be near them at no extra cost to me. It was perfect for our needs. We were there to see Michael Jackson ONE and the entrance to the Delano takes guests right past the MJ ONE shop and theatre, where Michael's music plays non-stop. The suites are spacious with a well-appointed living room completely separate from the bedroom. There are large flat-screen TVs in both rooms. All the facilities available in the main hotel are also available here, as far as I can recall, including free WiFi. The only drawback with this property is the size of it - the casino floor is vast, and the many attractions throughout can cause you to clock up the miles as you walk from the self parking garage to your room or any of the restaurants or even the lobby front desk! I arrived by car and had forgotten since my last visit how to enter the property. My advise is to call the hotel first and ask for the best way to access it on arrival, depending on whether you want to valet or self-park. It might save you a half hour of circling a very large block!

Room Tip: As for a view overlooking Luxor and the Strip (looking North). It's the best!!!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Been to Delano Las Vegas? Share your experiences!