First, we stayed at this property when it was The Hotel - and I can say I was glad that they renovated the rooms, it was time. The lobby has changed and added a new twist by changing the location of the coffee bar. Same lobby bar and cafe restaurant. The staff that we dealt with were all very friendly and helpful, that alone is worth a lot. Check in only took about 15 minutes - long line that day (Sunday before Thanksgiving) however they had 5 desk agents working and things went very well.
The rooms are the same layout as the old The Hotel - however color scheme has been updated to a brighter palate. Bed we had was new and comfy. My biggest gripe is no fridge to use - it is part of the mini bar and if anything is moved, your charged, no problem really but no place to store a cold beverage.
The resort "fee" is really a way to increase the base price of the room without having to publish a higher price on the room. It is really irritating to have a "fee" of $25 per night added for what I am not sure - they say internet, business center usage and covering gym access(?) - but in today's world that is as out dated as a fax. Basically you have no "perks" on the room that are not paid for. The rooms are good - just not a value for the price you pay (even before the the daily resort fee).
I have stayed at all three of the hotels associated with the Mandalay Bay - Delano, Mandalay Bay and Four Seasons - the Delano is not as good a value as the rooms at The Mandalay Bay. If you want to splurge for a nice room (and at the right time of the year only 30 - 50 more per night than the Delano) try the Four Seasons. We enjoy our stay over all at this property but will not be back to the Delano - will stay Mandalay or Four Seasons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anchored by intimate yet energetic public spaces and sophisticated accommodations, the non-smoking, all-suite boutique hotel will appeal to the most discerning travelers from around the globe. At Delano Las Vegas, guests will discover a blend of personalized service and effortless luxury coupled with unexpected elements of individuality and high-concept design. "Delano guests will be wowed by the transformation of this very special destination," said Matthew Chilton, general manager of Delano Las Vegas. "Dynamic public spaces will serve as social hubs where guests will want to linger and socialize while the clean design of the suites will create a quiet escape." Blending eclectic details to create an atmosphere that is playful and filled with energy, the stylish public spaces will be highlighted by a completely redesigned lobby featuring three distinct social spaces - a unique coffee bar, sophisticated lounge and cafe concept. Upstairs and away from the action, Delano's 1,100 guest suites will provide a luxurious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MGM Domestic, Expedia, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Delano Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thehotel At Mandalay Bay Hotel Las Vegas
- Mandalay Bay Hotel Las Vegas
- Mandalay Bay Las Vegas
- The Hotel At Mandalay Bay
- Las Vegas Hotel Mandalay Bay