“Nice Room but overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Delano Las Vegas

You added Delano Las Vegas to your Saves list
Delano Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3940 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Formerly THEhotel at Mandalay Bay) (The Strip)   |
Ranked #28 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Nice Room but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

First, we stayed at this property when it was The Hotel - and I can say I was glad that they renovated the rooms, it was time. The lobby has changed and added a new twist by changing the location of the coffee bar. Same lobby bar and cafe restaurant. The staff that we dealt with were all very friendly and helpful, that alone is worth a lot. Check in only took about 15 minutes - long line that day (Sunday before Thanksgiving) however they had 5 desk agents working and things went very well.

The rooms are the same layout as the old The Hotel - however color scheme has been updated to a brighter palate. Bed we had was new and comfy. My biggest gripe is no fridge to use - it is part of the mini bar and if anything is moved, your charged, no problem really but no place to store a cold beverage.

The resort "fee" is really a way to increase the base price of the room without having to publish a higher price on the room. It is really irritating to have a "fee" of $25 per night added for what I am not sure - they say internet, business center usage and covering gym access(?) - but in today's world that is as out dated as a fax. Basically you have no "perks" on the room that are not paid for. The rooms are good - just not a value for the price you pay (even before the the daily resort fee).

I have stayed at all three of the hotels associated with the Mandalay Bay - Delano, Mandalay Bay and Four Seasons - the Delano is not as good a value as the rooms at The Mandalay Bay. If you want to splurge for a nice room (and at the right time of the year only 30 - 50 more per night than the Delano) try the Four Seasons. We enjoy our stay over all at this property but will not be back to the Delano - will stay Mandalay or Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for the "Strip" view suites - you will not be in the room long enough to...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Stockton, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for a short vacation. The hotel has a very modern look with up to date amenities. Would recommend this hotel very highly. It is great addition to the Mandalay Bay experiance which we always enjoy.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

When I first parked my car (self park), it was a little difficult to first find the entrance to the hotel. I ended up taking the "scenic tour" through Mandalay Bay to the Delano according to the front desk. I guess I was not the first person to do this.

When I first got into the lobby, I was greeted quickly by very friendly staff in a very modern atmosphere. I have never stayed at the Delano or Mandalay Bay before and am not a gambler, but for some reason I was given an upgrade to the 33rd floor with a 2 room / 2 bath suite in the corner of the hotel, so I had two complete walls that were all window and overlooking two different directions, one of which was overlooking the hotel area. I was very happy with that upgrade, so thank you. (Room 33917 - Highly suggested)

I have never compared costs before in mini bars, but the price was absolutely outrageous. There is no reason the mini bar prices should even be half the price they are. You will still make plenty of money.

I have heard that the resort fees are more than what I was charged, but it seems as if every hotel has them. I was charged $10 plus %12 on that $10 for a total of $11.20/day on items I would never use, except the wifi. But in all honesty, you are just gouging your customers again because if I wanted, I could stay at any days inn/motel 6 and can use internet for free.

Of course all of the restaurants and bars were fairly expensive as well, but nothing more than what I found elsewhere in Vegas. They were all very nice looking.

Mandalay Bay/Delano did a great job with our conference and hosting and feeding over 10,000 people. I was very impressed by the logistics behind it.

All in all, I would probably stay here again, but I would be searching for the best deal at other hotels as well first to see if I would like to try something new. I would recommend this hotel to friends though. Thank you for a very nice stay!

Room Tip: Room 33917 - Very nice views!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. The room was so big and had two bathrooms, a bedroom, and a separate sitting area. The resort itself has a ton of stuff to do. The only downside was the pool was slam packed! We had to walk around for thirty minutes looking for a place to sit. Everyone just lays towels over the chairs and its impossible to find a spot.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
DLV_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano Las Vegas, responded to this review, yesterday
Hello Lorri I,

I thank you for staying at Delano Las Vegas last September and for posting your generous feedback. I am excited to inform you that Delano Beach Club is under design. This is an exclusive amenity for our guests and is scheduled to open Spring 2015. I appreciate your contribution. Come back and see us again soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were so thrilled when we got booked at the Delano because our room was gorgeous and it was a very special trip for us. I was ready to post 5 start reviews (despite the $25 per night mandatory fee for internet/gym access and the $4 for a cup of coffee in your room) on Yelp and Tripadvisor until I checked my credit card and realized I was charged 4 times for my stay. $1,000 when you're on vacation, on the night the love of your life proposed to you, leaves a pretty annoying black mark on such a special day.

Customer service to get our refund was a complete nightmare, waiting on hold for more than an hour and was then passed around from one agent to another for another hour, until, of course, I was hung up on and had to start all over. The craziest thing about being charged 4 times for our room was that we had already paid in full before walking through the door, the mandatory credit card on hold for "incidentals" was the one that was charged four times! Thank goodness we didn't use our debit card to hold the room and used our empty credit card, otherwise it could have been disastrous.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
DLV_Guest_Relations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano Las Vegas, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello Heather C,

I am saddened to read about the challenges you faced with billing during your recent visit. Please be assured, this was an isolated event and not the way we intend to serve our guests, especially while here to celebrate a special occasion. I also apologize for the lack of help from our accounting team to assist you with this matter in a timely fashion. I certainly hope your billing issues have been resolved. I also hope to discuss your experience with you further and attempt to offset your troubles. We value your feedback and loyalty and hope to be given a second opportunity to host you in the near future.

Sanger
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was the first time we stayed at the Delano while visiting Las Vegas, it was a very nice suite hotel. The rooms were very nice and lots of room. The only complaint I have was the pillows, they were too hard. We stayed there for three nights and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Great access to everything at the south end of the strip. We will definately stay there again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

After a last minute change from Mandalay Bay to Delano and not knowing what to expect my initial reservations at the change were totally unfounded. From the minute my then partner (now husband) walked through the adjoining corridor from Mandalay into the Delano all of my senses were pleasantly attacked. From the subtle vanilla smell to the top class and indulgent decor. Our suite on the 27th floor was a perfect and fitting end to our hectic 2 week vacation across California and Nevada. The bed was super comfortable and the finish of the suite was high end. The hotel employees were very polite, helpful and had great attention to detail. To cut a long story short I couldn't imagine a more perfect place to spend my wedding night. Lovely memories and will definitely be returning!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Sarah W,

First, congratulations on your recent nuptials! Delano Las Vegas feels very grateful to have had an opportunity to host you recently during such an important milestone. I truly appreciate you for taking a moment to submit your feedback. We value your patronage and hope to welcome you again next year during your first wedding anniversary!

Guests@delanolasvegas.com

Been to Delano Las Vegas? Share your experiences!