“Huge room!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of THEhotel at Mandalay Bay

Save Saved
You added THEhotel at Mandalay Bay to your Saves list
THEhotel at Mandalay Bay
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3950 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Paradise)   |
Ranked #25 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
North Carolina
“Huge room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is amazing. The rooms are huge two room suites. There are two bathrooms and 3 tvs! The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the room was very quiet. I was a little concerned about the distance of THE hotel from the regular portion of Mandalay Bay but it is all connected and easily accessible. The huge floor to ceiling windows provide very nice views of the strip, especially at night. In the bathroom, there is a shower, and separate soaking tub, which was perfect after a day of walking around Vegas. Overall this is a great hotel. It is worth the few extra dollars cost over the rooms at Mandalay Bay and I do hope to be able to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

3,951 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
Victorville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had booked a THEsuite room with a resort credit online. We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a V Suite with a strip view on the 12th floor upon check-in, as I was expecting a less than ideal room due to the low rate and promotion . Our room was at the very end of the hallway and had a wrap around view of the strip and Luxor next door. The room was very clean and in good repair, though if you looked closely you can see signs of use. Originally, we were not sure if we would like two room set up of the suite, as we are used to the large one room suites such as the Executive King at MGM. In the end, we liked the layout of the room. The additional half bath in the foyer was a wonderful surprise, and the wet bar area was very convenient in the mornings. There is a Keurig in the room, but I would recommend bringing your own k-cups. The room itself was very quiet, we never heard any noise from the hallway or surrounding rooms. The only downside was that the V Suites were near the service areas so there was some traffic during the mornings, but staff were always very polite. Family who were staying at The Venetian said they preferred THEhotel over The Venetian after visiting our room. The public areas of THEhotel were beautiful, if a bit dark, and there was always someone cleaning the mirrors and glass, or the floors. The proximity to the Mandalay Bay casino and shoppes was great, but the hallway to access THEhotel allowed for a sense of separation and there was a very noticeable decrease in noise as soon as you left the casino floors.

The only downside was that THEhotel does not have a separate pool, like the Four Seasons does. The Manadaly Bay pools were very crowded and chaotic and we were unable to find four chairs together at 9am on a Friday. We ended up going over to The Venetian to use the Venezia pool that our family had access to. If THEhotel had a separate, private pool for guests only, it would be perfect.

We enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I came here for my girlfriends birthday after having stayed here over 6 times in the past and was blown away by the attention to detail. We had an amazing suite at the top of the hotel and the champagne I requested arrived right on queue.

For the amount of money and the value you get at The Hotel it is so worth the upgrade and is perfect for those in the mid 20s looking for a classy vegas experience without feeling past their age group and without being too college frat party.

Everyone at The Hotel has been trained expertly and I can not wait to go back.

Keep doing what your doing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

outstanding hotel/no better hotel in vegas/always very friendly and willing to accomadate my needs and wants. I have an outstanding host [ Liz DeCandilo] who is always ready to meet my requests. The casino staff is also always ready to meet my needs and if they can't, will get someone that can. I think it is great that a place so big can seem to run so well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MB_Guest_Social, Guest Relations Manager at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Lonnie T,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! It is always our pleasure to host you, and we’re so glad to hear you had an excellent stay with us. We also thank you for your kind comments regarding our casino staff and your casino host! Your remarks have been forwarded to Liz and her team. We value your continuous loyalty and we look forward to seeing you at THEhotel in the future!

Kind regards,
Tosha Tanner
Mandalay Bay Guest Relations
Guests@mandalaybay.com
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been staying at TheHotel every year for the last 3 years for a conference and I find that the property is beginning to show signs wear and tear. In the lobby elevator bank I saw the trim on the corner of the wall falling off. In my room, there was chipped paint on the bathroom door and nicks on the furniture. What was more disappointing was the service. When I checked in, they had given me a room that was not yet serviced (and it was in complete disarray with trash everywhere). There was a letter left on the desk for conference delegates but it had a huge oil stain in the middle of it. The coffee table is usually made of two small square tables but my room was missing one of them, making it difficult to conduct my meetings on one small square. The first day I asked one of one of the house cleaning staff in the hallway for another square. He said he could not help me, that I had to call housekeeping to ask them. They said, no problem. The next day when it still hadn't arrived in time for the start of my meetings I called again. By check out at the end of my third day, I still had never received it. Lastly my room was not serviced on the schedule that the letter said it would be. Overall, a rather disappointing stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear margot k,

Thank you for your comments and for bringing these matters to our attention. It is very upsetting to learn that your experience was anything less than exceptional. By no means would we intentionally assign our guests with a room that has yet to be serviced, and we apologize if we had received miscommunication surrounding the cleanliness status of the room. Your comments have been expedited to our Housekeeping and Front Desk team. Also, we have sent you a private message in hopes to discuss your experience more. We’re very sorry for your dissatisfactions and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kind regards,
Tosha Tanner
Mandalay Bay Guest Relations
Guests@mandalaybay.com
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were upgraded from the Mandalay bay hotel on a promo. It was great! A suite with fantastic views of the city. Only drawback is you have to pay $35 for a fridge in the Room.
You can't beat the price of the buffet at the Mandalay bay for value.
Great pool area as well. All in all we would definitely return

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you stay at the Mandalay, stay at The Hotel. The rooms are a bit more expensive but are MUCH nicer. It is quiet and easy to get in and out of by taxi. You are also. Ways from the casino so it doesn't have any smoke smell. The only challenge is you can rarely check in early here so prepare accordingly. Also, not as many strip view rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to THEhotel at Mandalay Bay? Share your experiences!